British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

Hmm. Don't remember you coming on here and calling PK or Leigh Adams whingeing wasters when they announced they were retiring from international competiton but would still ride in domestic leagues.. Didn't notice you slagging off Jason Crump when he declined to ride for Australia in the recent Test series. No different in Lee's case.

Most riders reach a point when their priorities change and they have to cut down on commitments and devote more time to plans for developing an income when their riding days are finally over. Lee seems to be at that stage.

That's the third time you've said that in the last 20 minutes.

Compared to a Wednesday night in the EL the track was poor tonight I thought, the dirt line was far too wide from too early in the meeting. The racing got better as the evening went on but in my opinion it was inferior to last year's SWC meeting or to the vast majority of league matches this season. Team GB's poor start cost us a proper shot at Poland but I don't believe we'd have beaten them even with a decent start, their gating was far too sharp for the Brits. The Czechs want shooting for not finishing third, but all credit to the Russians who showed lots of spirit all night, will be interesting to see who they track on Thursday evening.

Did he ? i thought i saw him at this year's Brtish Final saying he was trying to win the Wildcard for Cardiff ...

The wild card was a natural consequence of the British Championship if he won, but he has not entered the WC qualifiers this year. He said last year would be his last attempt at getting back to the GP's and if he didn't make it he would accept it was not going to happen and that would be the end of the road, which it was.

Scott Nicholls - scored 6 out of a possible 18 :shock:

All the best

Rob

Well he kept falling off all on his own with no-one anywhere near him

Sadly he really is not the force he once was, which to some extent sums up GB as a speedway force

that was definitely not the same rider tonight that has been struggling all over Europe this year.

But it was definitely the Kasper that we saw at Coventry last year.. In fact, it was even better.. B)

He's a thoroughly geniune guy, if people didn't see that in his interview tonight, then they must be blind.

Hopefully he'll show the Brummies what he can do from now on, if not, I'd be asking questions as to why it's not working for him at Birmingham ???? :blink:

A crowd of 4,950 was mentioned tonight at the meeting. The Polish fans I thought really added to the atmosphere!

Kasprzak was in a different class tonight - very impressive and deserved his maximum.

Team GB were never going to win tonight but they gave it their all and everyone got a win which should give them confidence going into the Thursday. When Chris Harris beat Gollab on the line it brought the house down!!

Lukas Dryml was trying to be the pantomine villian tonight, his reaction when he was excluded was classic. Liked to dish it out but when Wolfy made a comment it sparked some handbags!!

I ended up cheering on the Russians - to finish 3rd with a 4 man team just showed how rubbish the Czech Republic were. I don't know how Povaznhy managed to lay the bike down in time and not get heard, I was so glad he ended winning his next heat and that proved crucial in the end.

It looked better organised this year and so I hope people managed to get home quicker from the car parks....

Regarding the organisation side of things the overflow carpark wasn't signposted (the usual entrance wasn't in use) which seemed a bit daft and Buster definitely needs to get some extra loos when 5k people are expected!

Think the biggest joker was Middleditch :icon_smile_clown: when he used Nicholls much to early and it totally failed. Middleditch :icon_smile_clown: is always full of himself as it is but now should wear the jokers hat :icon_smile_clown: that would suit him down to the ground :icon_smile_clown:

As for the meeting very boring with the result never in doubt with Poland way to good for GB and the other 2 teams just making the numbers up. Be a different kettle of fish Thursday especially if Russia are at full strength.

Why the insults, he played the joker at 6points down, if he hadn't played it then and we cut the Poles lead in that race he may not have got the chance again, it transpired that he would have had other opportunities but it wasn't a given. Whatever your opinions about him as manager you are being unfair with those comments, then again it seems to be the norm on here these days for posters to throw insults from the safety of their front rooms.

Very boring meeting you say, well it is all about opinions but seriously, did you find that boring, or are you just disappointed in the outcome? I thought it was a decent nights entertainment from the safety of my front room.

That's the third time you've said that in the last 20 minutes.

I Know you're not a fan of the ignore button, it was working very well for me, until now ..

Regarding the organisation side of things the overflow carpark wasn't signposted (the usual entrance wasn't in use) which seemed a bit daft and Buster definitely needs to get some extra loos when 5k people are expected!

Too be fair there was a sign and a steward signposting people to park on the field however from what I saw there was long queues for the loos. I don't know what the alternative is as there isn't enough spacing to place additional portaloos.

I bet the sugarbeet farmer will be wondering what all the caustic looking burns are on his leaves then...lol

It's a good activator for your compost heap though, if you're inclined..Human Pee that is, not human poo ;):D

Well, i was pleasantly surprised by the turn around, but it was a two horse race all along, and we threw away the first half and the joker.

My views are

1 - Chris Harris - Excellent tonight, showed a lot of grit & determination, especially after 3 or 4 falls, but his gating is still a huge weakness.

2 - Scott Nicholls - Seemed at sea for much of it. Wasted his chance with the joker. I suspect this may be his last WC.

3 - Tai - Appalling first half performance. 1st fall not his fault in my opinion. 2nd definitely rider error on his behalf. Needs a much cooler head. I think so much has been made of his talent, it's gotten into his head. He's too young to deal with the pressure. In another 5 years, he could be an absolute class rider but he has a lot to learn in terms of riding tactically and being a sportsman. Do NOT touch the camera Tai. Ther's a good boy.

4 - Eddie Kennett - There or there abouts all evening. Showed some good speed & determination once his bike was dialled in

5 - Ben Barker - completely outclassed all evening. showed slight promises in the last race, but this was mostly due to lots of tinkering & freshness i think. 3 rides are certainly not enough for this to be a learning experience.

Team GB as a whole has some talent, but there's a weakness there. The polish team are beautifully turned out, and I get the feeling that throughout the league, GP and WC series, there are few that can match them in terms of sponsorship levels, equipment preparation etc. They just come across as being more professional and that's why they're the best right now. We have a slight chance on Thursday if Sweden & Australia take enough points of each other, but Poland are looking a dead cert for the cup.

So it could be Lewis Bridger for Nicholls on Thursday then :shock: :

Team GB spearhead Scott Nicholls will ride in Norfolk tonight, but could be missing for Thursday’s race-off, should Middleditch’s men need it, and the final on Saturday – leaving the door ajar for Bridger to step in.

Taken from: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/9131933.Speedway__Middlo_tells_Lew_to_prove_worth/

I bet the sugarbeet farmer will be wondering what all the caustic looking burns are on his leaves then...lol

It's a good activator for your compost heap though, if you're inclined..Human Pee that is, not human poo ;):D

Full of nitrates should bring the Beet on a treat :lol:

So it could be Lewis Bridger for Nicholls on Thursday then :shock:

Bridger's Twitter got interesting in the last hour for the record ..