British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ben Alderton

Speedway World Cup Team Line Ups

No, you paid for GB vs Poland vs Russia vs Cz Rep. You'll get that. You made assumptions about who would be in the team. Are you moaning about no Bridger for team GB despite being in better form than Nicholls? Or no Pawlicki for the Poles?

[/quote

I agree with Tellboy on this. The only elite meeting i've been to this season was K.L. v Cov, obviously to see Emil. I wouldn't have spent £50 (me, the wife and fuel) to go there normally, but felt the cost was worth it as Emil was on show. If the Russians cant come up with 5 riders, then dont award them anymore F.I.M. meetings, i'm sure that would go down well in most circles.

Incidentally, does anyone know if either of the Laguta brothers have appeared in the UK at any stage of their careers?

If it should be case that they failed to get their paperwork in on time that is poor, however, far more disgraceful is if Emil Sayfutdinov has pulled out of the meeting because of the (lack) of quality of his team.

The appearance of the original russian team was something i had been hugely looking forward to, and not just Emil Sayfutdinov either.

Incidentally, does anyone know if either of the Laguta brothers have appeared in the UK at any stage of their careers?

If it should be case that they failed to get their paperwork in on time that is poor, however, far more disgraceful is if Emil Sayfutdinov has pulled out of the meeting because of the (lack) of quality of his team.

The appearance of the original russian team was something i had been hugely looking forward to, and not just Emil Sayfutdinov either.

Emil will be lining up for Polska next season IMO.

Why is Ryan Sullivan not riding for Australia again? Has he pulled out?

He has tremendous form in Poland this year (CMA a fraction below 9), is 7th in the Polish ExtraLeague averages, behind Crump, but ahead of both Holder and Batchelor - and the race-off and final are in Poland.

Why is Ryan Sullivan not riding for Australia again? Has he pulled out?

He has tremendous form in Poland this year (CMA a fraction below 9), is 7th in the Polish ExtraLeague averages, behind Crump, but ahead of both Holder and Batchelor - and the race-off and final are in Poland.

Because these are the teams that will ride at Kings Lynn and Vojens. Changes can be made for the Race-off and Final

Edited by squall

I cant believe that the Russians are plannning on using the Lagutas and Emil for race off and final I hope that BSI/FIM block them from riding in the event at all this season.

The latest i have heard this morning is Russia may only have 4man team so some 3 rider races which will rob the fans even more it is bad enough that Russia are sending really poor weak team but to only field 4 riders I find unacceptable and I know BSI were very unhappy with Artem Laguta missing Cardiff so I think the chances of a Russian GP in next few years has just gone

I cant believe that the Russians are plannning on using the Lagutas and Emil for race off and final I hope that BSI/FIM block them from riding in the event at all this season.

Surely, with the team they have currently declared, the Czechs will push them into 4th and ultimately no place in the Run Off?

Bezza.

Surely, with the team they have currently declared, the Czechs will push them into 4th and ultimately no place in the Run Off?

Bezza.

Absolutely. The 2 Leicester lads will be running in last places against the Czech lads and with at least 2 heats vacant there is no chance of them making the race-off

Absolutely. The 2 Leicester lads will be running in last places against the Czech lads and with at least 2 heats vacant there is no chance of them making the race-off

ONE question that requires answering is: what are the FIM doing about this? Are they bringing any pressure to bear on the Russian federation that could be where the root of the problem lays?

ONE question that requires answering is: what are the FIM doing about this? Are they bringing any pressure to bear on the Russian federation that could be where the root of the problem lays?

Nothing.

If the Russians make the race-off they will have their full side available

It is disappointing to see Russia fielding such a weak team but in some ways it is nice to see that the BSPA isn't the worst organisation in speedway! Plus it makes Britain's job somewhat easier against the Poles.