British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Belle Vue (nl)

Has this meeting been called off?

Adam McKinna says on his Facebook status that "no meeting on wednesday now wonder how long this racing drought is gonna last."

Yes it's off

yep, its off due to preparation for the World Cup on Monday. I'd say it's more to do with Campos & Kerr's injuries but that's me being suspicious.

yep, its off due to preparation for the World Cup on Monday. I'd say it's more to do with Campos & Kerr's injuries but that's me being suspicious.

Didnt buster say that there would be no speedway for a week before the world cup at the last home meeting?

Calling it off 48 hours beforehand isn't very professional.

Many rides with high expectancy levels drop by and only score a couple of points and leave without any fuss, so no need to feel your plans have been wrecked.

But such is the fan base of your bairn, that I'll be surprised if SKY aren't in attendance to capture the moment, so no pressure mate :cheers:

Mike,

Best laid plans etc etc all gone out of the window so this week is not to be. CDW will be put on ice for now, especially after the sun drenched Dragons practice at the NA yesterday.

At least the postponement will give you time to drum up a bit more support and hopefully Whippy can sort our her transport arrangements, although plans were being hatched so that she wouldn't miss what was looking like a cracking meeting.

See you soon,

Martin

Mike,

Best laid plans etc etc all gone out of the window so this week is not to be. CDW will be put on ice for now, especially after the sun drenched Dragons practice at the NA yesterday.

At least the postponement will give you time to drum up a bit more support and hopefully Whippy can sort our her transport arrangements, although plans were being hatched so that she wouldn't miss what was looking like a cracking meeting.

See you soon,

Martin

Thank you Martin, I knew there was a God up there somewhere. My problem is solved. It is not the getting there that is the problem, I cannot carry my chair which I need and use crutches at the same time. I could view from the main stand which is a shorter walk so I wouldn't need crutches but I prefer to be at the first bend to view the meeting. I was hoping a gallant young man may have offered to carry my chair for me !! :D :D I hope meeting is not arranged for next week as we are on holiday !! Got to see CDW race at the NA.

That's a ridiculous excuse, world cup date has been known long time before this one!

Thank you Martin, I knew there was a God up there somewhere. My problem is solved. It is not the getting there that is the problem, I cannot carry my chair which I need and use crutches at the same time. I could view from the main stand which is a shorter walk so I wouldn't need crutches but I prefer to be at the first bend to view the meeting. I was hoping a gallant young man may have offered to carry my chair for me !! :D :D I hope meeting is not arranged for next week as we are on holiday !! Got to see CDW race at the NA.

You are safe. The meeting won't be held next week since BV are at home against Dudley. Not a good day yesterday since our match at Newport on Sunday was also cancelled. See you soon and enjoy your holiday.

Edited by Great Central

You are safe. The meeting won't be held next week since BV are at home against Dudley. Not a good day yesterday since our match at Newport on Sunday was also cancelled. See you soon and enjoy your holiday.

I didn't know until I read these postings this morning that meeting was off, as I'd already written my page in the programme. What a disappointment.

I realised late last night, when hubby reminded me, that there was a meeting next week at the NA, so will look forward to see my mate CDW ride the NA soon. As I said we will miss next week because we are on holiday. Maybe we can fit Ipswich in. :D

Edited by whippy

I didn't know until I read these postings this morning that meeting was off, as I'd already written my page in the programme. What a disappointment.

I know how you feel... I wrote my stuff for Stoke v. Buxton last week and that got mysteriously called off too..!

And, inspired by your earlier 'pitch' Mimmo, I was coming up for this one tomorrow so am gutted it's bitten the dust...

Buster was interviewed on Radio Norfolk today, and as Ben just said, the postponement is due to a misunderstanding about the fence. I suspect that the current "new style" fence used by Buster is not approved for World Cup events, and he has to take it down and put up a normal airfence, which will take some time. I may be wrong, but that would be my guess.

Buster was interviewed on Radio Norfolk today, and as Ben just said, the postponement is due to a misunderstanding about the fence. I suspect that the current "new style" fence used by Buster is not approved for World Cup events, and he has to take it down and put up a normal airfence, which will take some time. I may be wrong, but that would be my guess.