British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwalker

Elitserien Round 10

A fine and very valuable win by Peter Ljung in heat 9.

You are quite right. It is always something i notice about the crowds in Sweden and Poland.The families. Young kids and parents. Just don't see it to the same extent in Britain. I think the seating and facilities in the Polish stadiums may have something to do with enticing the women and children along. The Swedish stadiums are more rustic, but still plenty of seating, and of course here we have the picnic tables over by the gate. Both these leagues are obviously doing something right.

Regards. Alan.

You do actually see families and young and old at speedway in Britain, i was referring that you don't see them in such quantity at football matches.

You're right about the picnics but (in England) sitting on wet grass and eating soggy sandwiches isn't the greatest pleasure lol. Plus with the rain really teeming down your beer gets watered down and you never get to drink it, or your coffee as the cup keeps filling up with rainwater.

i posted the links before ;) its the official federation updatesite. The system is designed to offer both Swedish and English commentary but usually the updater only writes in Swedish.

Oooops! sorry about that, it's rare i don't read a thread from the start. The swedish meetings start at just after 6pm so i'm still trying to do several things at once. I'm even having to watch the meeting using the live tv pause facility. I keep catching up when i can fast forward through the tv breaks only to fall behind again lol.

i posted the links before ;) its the official federation updatesite. The system is designed to offer both Swedish and English commentary but usually the updater only writes in Swedish.

Pawlicki and Sundstrom are a potent reserve pairing for Piraterna!

What's happened to the speedway????? On they on an interval.

You do actually see families and young and old at speedway in Britain, i was referring that you don't see them in such quantity at football matches.

You're right about the picnics but (in England) sitting on wet grass and eating soggy sandwiches isn't the greatest pleasure lol. Plus with the rain really teeming down your beer gets watered down and you never get to drink it, or your coffee as the cup keeps filling up with rainwater.

Rain! In Manchester? Surely some mistake. :lol:

Regards. Alan.

What's happened to the speedway????? On they on an interval.

Always a fairly long break after heat 10 in Sweden. Time to get a coffee- or an alternative :cheers:

Always a fairly long break after heat 10 in Sweden. Time to get a coffee- or an alternative :cheers:

Perfect timing the length of the interval it gave me just enough time to go for a......ok i won't mention that but i feel lighter now. And no i'm not Al Bundy in disguise lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Disappointing 'effort' by Richardson in that heat has pretty much sealed the home win???

Peter Ljung very impressive and determined tonight. :t:

It's certainly been a nice little battle at times. As ever a pleasant way to spend the early part of a Tuesday evening.

I meant to 'Google Earth' the track at Vastervik as i think several of the swedish tracks are pretty much set in the middle of a forest (ok possibly a slight exaggeration) and i do marvel at the amount of spectators that make their way there. I would hazard a guess not much available in the way of public trasport to access some of the tracks. Despite that they have excellent crowds compared to the UK. Certainly makes for a scenic drive instead of concrete motorways to and from the tracks.

Whatever part of this vast globe you reside in have a good evening all, even if evening is a little way away for some of you.

Peter Ljung very impressive and determined tonight. :t:

Never fails. Praise them and then they come last :lol:

Hope VB is okay.

Regards. Alan.

Well,that passed the time away....