British Speedway Forum
childsy

Richard Hollingsworth

In all my years involved with speedway i have never came across anyone with or without official duty who disrespected the sport, the fans, the riders to such a degree Richard did at Newport on saturday night. His blatent attempt to be the centre of attention while undermining the promotion, track staff, referee and riders is beyond belief. The highlight being on the numerous occasions he insisted on being on the infield rather then "Team Manageing" from the pits he actually stood in front of the riders to over see if Jason Doyle was within his gate positon as contested by a Scunthorpe rider. When Jason looked up about to start his proffesion he was waving his arms like a Flaming Gala, Shame on you Richard for Underming the Starting official. Your antics where disrespectful to your club and the sport. You clearly were more intent in your words of being entertainment then getting on with the job you were employed to do. I am not normally lost for words but after a discussion with the referee and knowing you are on report i wish nothing but to see you made an example of and an official apology made to the people you disrespected. I dont hold out much hope on that. What was a shock was the common opinion from Scunthorpe was we are not the only people suprised that the good promotion at Scunthorpe still have you representing the club.

I would like to add this is my opinion and not in anyway the thoughts of Newport Speedway ;)

In all my years involved with speedway i have never came across anyone with or without official duty who disrespected the sport, the fans, the riders to such a degree Richard did at Newport on saturday night. His blatent attempt to be the centre of attention while undermining the promotion, track staff, referee and riders is beyond belief. The highlight being on the numerous occasions he insisted on being on the infield rather then "Team Manageing" from the pits he actually stood in front of the riders to over see if Jason Doyle was within his gate positon as contested by a Scunthorpe rider. When Jason looked up about to start his proffesion he was waving his arms like a Flaming Gala, Shame on you Richard for Underming the Starting official. Your antics where disrespectful to your club and the sport. You clearly were more intent in your words of being entertainment then getting on with the job you were employed to do. I am not normally lost for words but after a discussion with the referee and knowing you are on report i wish nothing but to see you made an example of and an official apology made to the people you disrespected. I dont hold out much hope on that. What was a shock was the common opinion from Scunthorpe was we are not the only people suprised that the good promotion at Scunthorpe still have you representing the club.

I would like to add this is my opinion and not in anyway the thoughts of Newport Speedway ;)

I'm no expert , but i'm sensing you're upset .

Get over yourself.

Richrd Hollingsworth does more for speedway on a day off than some Antipodean tumbling, hanger-on clown could ever achieve.

"When Jason looked up about to start his proffesion he was waving his arms like a Flaming Gala" - could you get someone with English as their first language to translate?

If the rider in question WAS infringing on the starting gate of the Scunthorpe rider, then it was right to "underming" :rolleyes: the Starting Marshall.

"Team manageing" :rolleyes: doesn't have to be solely from the pits - he's perfectly within his rights to object to starting procedures that need "underminging" :rolleyes:

Boring :sad:

...........and overreacting rubbish too.

I don't know Richard well but I have met him on a couple of occasions and he has always struck me as a modest, self-effacing man who far from wanting to be the centre of attention prefers to stay in the background and get on with his job. Further more, no-one can or would underestimate his contribution to Scunthorpe Speedway.

Having read the Newport-Scunny thread and having no reason to doubt the circumstances stated, given the fact that I have never seen or heard of him taking any form of similar action in the past it seems to me he thought he had cause to take such exceptional steps and I doubt very much if he did it off his own bat - more likely that his team were complaining that the start line staff were favouring Newport and, without casting aspersions, they wouldn't be the first to do that.

As to apologising, get real. I have lost count of the number of team managers or promoters who stand on the centre green during races and those that have had hissy fits out there (whether that is for genuine reason or show (or both) I am not so sure). Both Robert Henry and Jack Lee were stood on the centre green at Buxton yesterday at one point or another, Gary Spiller did it at Plymouth on Saturday and Mike Bowden had one of the aforementioned hissy fits when James Holder scythed Mark Simmonds down at St Boniface, running along the track waving his arms about.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

i was at newport & agree with you,but very entertaining for the crowd as he was so over the top about everything.

shorly he cant act like that at every meeting or was he just out to wind the Malletts up.But full credit the them & newport speedway they handled the situation very well.Im sure if Nick acted like that at Scunthorpe would be wanting him banned etc.

Get over yourself.

Richrd Hollingsworth does more for speedway on a day off than some Antipodean tumbling, hanger-on clown could ever achieve.

"When Jason looked up about to start his proffesion he was waving his arms like a Flaming Gala" - could you get someone with English as their first language to translate?

If the rider in question WAS infringing on the starting gate of the Scunthorpe rider, then it was right to "underming" :rolleyes: the Starting Marshall.

"Team manageing" :rolleyes: doesn't have to be solely from the pits - he's perfectly within his rights to object to starting procedures that need "underminging" :rolleyes:

Yeah i can translate..<unacceptable language and personal abuse removed>

But heres the thing MATE he was not infringing just your team manger "i expect you to be a Scorpion so called fan" just being <unacceptable language removed>.

And yes you dont have to team manage fronm the pits, thats just where the best ones with the right intentions do it from.

Oh and as for getting over myself hahahah it wasnt me being a FLAMING GALA...

:unsure: i'm still trying to work out what underminging means :rofl:

I also agree with the original post. I don't see how you can think otherwise. Clearly the ones backing what he done has very little knowledge of the situation and didn't attend the meeting.

If only Hollingsworth was a real pro like Laurence Rogers!

i was at newport & agree with you,but very entertaining for the crowd as he was so over the top about everything.

shorly he cant act like that at every meeting or was he just out to wind the Malletts up.But full credit the them & newport speedway they handled the situation very well.Im sure if Nick acted like that at Scunthorpe would be wanting him banned etc.

An unusual happening at Newport, surely.

Very recently on the meting thread, there's a comment about it being admitted that the track was "too slick" and how the'll be changed for the next match.

So, it would appear that the home promotion have taken over the initiative & are "underminging" :rolleyes: the track staff themselves now :rofl:

I'm sure that somebody else who was present at this display of whirling dervish style"manageing"will furnish us with the correct version of events at some point in time.Unless the man in question was having some form of breakdown and has subsequently been taken to a secure place for his and our safety I would suggest that your grasp of the truth is similar to that of your grasp of the Queens english :unsure:

If only Hollingsworth was a real pro like Laurence Rogers!

What a stupid post.. Has nothing to do with this argument.

And yes you dont have to team manage fronm the pits, thats just where the best ones with the right intentions do it from.

Have a day off, please.

I suggest you look at the result before accusing Richard Hollingsworth of being a bad team manager with the wrong intentions because his team won :rolleyes:

So, it would appear that the home promotion have taken over the initiative & are "underminging" :rolleyes: the track staff themselves now :rofl:

Newport's track was 'minging' :rofl:

Wasn't it the younger Mallet that got banned by the BSPA a couple of seasons ago :nono:

Richard Hollingsworth does rather more than most people for British speedway...