British Speedway Forum
childsy

Richard Hollingsworth

It was a she,and she couldn`t even get finishing positions right :rolleyes::lol:

Thats it when all else fails it's got to be the womens fault. Plenty of male referees get it wrong you know

Edited by TMW

Thats it when all else fails it's got to be the womens fault. Plenty of male referees get it wrong you know

And they get slated when they do so. Just like the women do every meeting the are in charge of. It's called equality :)

And they get slated when they do so. Just like the women do every meeting the are in charge of. It's called equality :)

Ive not seen on here "The referee was a man and couldn't even get the finishers right"

but I take your point

Ive not seen on here "The referee was a man and couldn't even get the finishers right"

but I take your point

Male refs take a lot of stick. It was mentioned she was a she because somebody referred to the ref as male

Good on you Richard ... Passion is ok by me and knowing Richard as I do I believe he obviously felt very strongly a sense of injustice, hence his reaction. Good on the fella, shows he cared deeply about his team. He is a dedicated, honsest hard working guy, who, along with his wife, have dedicated years to the sport locally. Long live the Hollies

Good on you Richard ... Passion is ok by me and knowing Richard as I do I believe he obviously felt very strongly a sense of injustice, hence his reaction. Good on the fella, shows he cared deeply about his team. He is a dedicated, honsest hard working guy, who, along with his wife, have dedicated years to the sport locally. Long live the Hollies

acted like a big kid,what a disgrace he was to speedway.

:mad:

I find it childish that this topic even exists.

We have known Richard and his wife for almost 4 years now and in that time I don't think I have met anyone who is so devoted to the sport than Richard. If you take into account The time and effort he puts in to everything at Scunthorpe from managing the scorpions, helping out juniors and running the amateur meetings the guy deserves a medal.

I think most of the negative comments on here come from those who have no idea what Richard is about and I would suggest that they get theirselves down to Scunny on a cold wet winters afternoon for an amateur meeting just to see how much enthusiasm he still has when other would stay at home.

Richard is a hero to the sport and it is a shame that there are not more like him. :cheers: :cheers:

We have known Richard and his wife for almost 4 years now and in that time I don't think I have met anyone who is so devoted to the sport than Richard. If you take into account The time and effort he puts in to everything at Scunthorpe from managing the scorpions, helping out juniors and running the amateur meetings the guy deserves a medal.

I think most of the negative comments on here come from those who have no idea what Richard is about and I would suggest that they get theirselves down to Scunny on a cold wet winters afternoon for an amateur meeting just to see how much enthusiasm he still has when other would stay at home.

Richard is a hero to the sport and it is a shame that there are not more like him. :cheers: :cheers:

Totally agree. :approve:

Not sure why any of that gives him license to act like a pratt.

You would struggle to find a more dedicated person in speedway than Richard , he would have had good reasons for whatever he did and further more good on him. The sport needs more people like him and Anne. You get my vote every time Richard and keep up the good work mate..

Here Here!

about time a lot of you keyboard junkies crawl back under your rocks instead of posting nasty and vicious things about people who actually do good

i actually hate this forum because of it - dont know why i come on here really

Not sure why any of that gives him license to act like a pratt.

I'd echo (from albeit limited experience)what Sarah says on this page but from reading the reports I think what Richard did was wrong - a team manager just can't go out and start preparing gating positions.

The thing is though is that this is so out of character that there must have been some pretty exceptional circumstances that prevailed at the time and provoked him to act as he did, and I really don't think that aspect can be overlooked.

I doubt very much if there wasn't something there to cause him to react in the way he did.

no one`s saying about his character away from newport speedway and he may well be a hero come superman to scunthorpe fans but on the 7th of may at newport he was a total prat,i don`t know richard hollingsworth and don`t want to and that may well be my loss but you can`t take away his unprofessional antics at newport on that night,please can you tell me if it`s ok for a manager or come to that any member of the scunthorpe team to walk onto a track and start grading it,how would you feel if are manager came to your track and did the same???,richard was`nt just told once about this but several times then kicked off in the pits with are promotor STEVE MALLETT and the ref,it got to the stage with steve mallett that richard was lucky to go home with his teeth in his head,all this brought on by richards antics.