British Speedway Forum
childsy

Richard Hollingsworth

Richard Hollingsworth = top bloke.

He breathes, eats and sleeps Scunthorpe Speedway.

All the best

Rob

Still no excuse for his actions....thats all this thread is about. He might of just had a bad day, and it seems that he has the effections of alot of Scunthorpe fans, im guessing more than half it not all did not travel to support Richard or the side but have a lot to say on actions they did not witness.

Well It looked to me as if he was attempting Flight.

Oh ... flamingo! LOL!

Actually, my preferred term is "testiculating", which is "waving your arms around a talking bolleaux" :)

my quote was out of order and has been edited, i posted a comment on the actions i beleive to be wrong and not the opinion of anyone else. Not everyone agrees which i do not have an issue with, however when topics go off course its a shame personal attacks occur, "including from myself"

[/

Side splitting post mate. These numpties who pick holes in spelling and side track to occassions of years gone by to distract from the subject do my head in.

Side splitting post mate. These numpties who pick holes in spelling and side track to occassions of years gone by to distract from the subject do my head in.

Not side splitting at all, its not the site for that language.

Richard Hollingsworth = top bloke.

He breathes, eats and sleeps Scunthorpe Speedway.

All the best

Rob

Nobody has denied that. This thread is about what he done Saturday. Not his relation with speedway or whether he is normally a "top bloke." There was simply no excuse for his actions.

Is it just me, or is it just Newport fans saying he was in the wrong? :unsure:

Any Scunny fans like to give their honest opinion on what they saw?

OMG what an utter load of rubbish have you people nothing better to do with your time, i was there but i am not a supporter of either team i like watching speedway, Scunthorpe were gating and newport didnt like it so they decided to water Davids gate heavily thats why Richard got the rake out. Richard was provoked by Mallet and was even poked and prodded to get a reaction from Richard and i for one applaud Richard for not succuming to it, also well done to Scunthorpe on good win they were gating really well and deserved the win

OMG what an utter load of rubbish have you people nothing better to do with your time, i was there but i am not a supporter of either team i like watching speedway, Scunthorpe were gating and newport didnt like it so they decided to water Davids gate heavily thats why Richard got the rake out. Richard was provoked by Mallet and was even poked and prodded to get a reaction from Richard and i for one applaud Richard for not succuming to it, also well done to Scunthorpe on good win they were gating really well and deserved the win

WTF have I done now?

That's twice on this thread :lol:

After heat 4 the track was watered due to it being one of the hottest days of the year. The outside of the track was watered and that meant gates 3 and 4 being heavily watered. It was not fiddling with the gates at all. The Scunthorpe team manager has no right to interfere with track grading anyway, even if the Wasps were tampering with the track. Surely if soaking gate 3 prior to heat 5 was done to cause a disadvantage to Howe, then it would of caused a disadvantage to the Wasp off it in heat 6? Drenching a gate would not last for just one race, no matter how hot the weather is.

Nobody has denied that. This thread is about what he done Saturday. Not his relation with speedway or whether he is normally a "top bloke." There was simply no excuse for his actions.

What actions are these,raking of the gate,questioning the home riders positions in the gates or managing a team of no hopers who were going to get tonked to a rather large win against a team who they say would tare some EL teams apart???

I don't know Richard well but I have met him on a couple of occasions and he has always struck me as a modest, self-effacing man who far from wanting to be the centre of attention prefers to stay in the background and get on with his job. Further more, no-one can or would underestimate his contribution to Scunthorpe Speedway.

Indeed.

That's the Richard I know. One of the nicest and most genuine people in the sport.

After heat 4 the track was watered due to it being one of the hottest days of the year. The outside of the track was watered and that meant gates 3 and 4 being heavily watered. It was not fiddling with the gates at all. The Scunthorpe team manager has no right to interfere with track grading anyway, even if the Wasps were tampering with the track. Surely if soaking gate 3 prior to heat 5 was done to cause a disadvantage to Howe, then it would of caused a disadvantage to the Wasp off it in heat 6? Drenching a gate would not last for just one race, no matter how hot the weather is.

thankyou for agreeing about heavily watering i didnt mention drenching you did, but i did say poking and prodding to the extent of trying to a reaction may a thump off Richard but as i said Richard didnt i am glad he didnt but many others would of lamped him there and then

What actions are these,raking of the gate,questioning the home riders positions in the gates or managing a team of no hopers who were going to get tonked to a rather large win against a team who they say would tare some EL teams apart???

1 "Raking of the gate" More of picking up somebody else's equipment then storming onto the track without permission and start doing work on the track which isn't his job.

2 "Questioning the home riders positions" Again, storming onto the track and stood there with his arms flailing like he was part of a protest. Didn't move until the start marshall started to walk up to him and challenge his actions.

3 "Managing a team of no hopers" Well you said it.. Newport fans also credited Scunthorpe for their win.

4 "A team who they say would 'tare' some EL teams apart" I've not seen anybody say that.

Edited by NWS

thankyou for agreeing about heavily watering i didnt mention drenching you did, but i did say poking and prodding to the extent of trying to a reaction may a thump off Richard but as i said Richard didnt i am glad he didnt but many others would of lamped him there and then

Heavily watered, drenched, soaked... same thing. The gate was not watered heavily on purpose. David Howe is a very well liked rider at Newport amongst the fans, the previous and current promotion and I very much doubt our promotion would try and stitch him, or even Scunny up.

The Wasps promotion are actually very helpful with track conditions with away riders, often walking the track with an away rider and preparing it as they want it, ask any rider and 90% will agree.

The manager got the wrong end of the stick and took matters into his own hands. He should not of gone onto the track and started tampering with gate 3. It appeared to most that it was actually him trying to mess with gate 3, not the Newport promotion. the Scunthorpe manager was asked to stay off track after this incident but then in heat 6 (?) he dived in front of the start gate as the riders were preparing to start the race and was moaning at Doyles position. He was making a scene on the centre green for some time before the referee asked him to remain in the pits and the word in the bar after the meeting was that the Scunthorpe Promoter was less than impressed with his team manager.

I am all for a bit of panto booing, a controversial interview with an away team manager or rider, but for the away team manager to start tampering with the gate his rider is of is not on and an instant fine should of been issued there and then.

I did not see the confrontation between Mallett and Hollingsworth in the pits so can't comment on that but can comment that two Newport riders have told me that Hollingsworth was being a nuisance in the pits all meeting.

This is the same person who delayed the meeting at Ipswich for 20 minutes claiming that Jerran Hart was using an illegal silencer (which he wasn't) why he couldn't wait till after the meeting who knows! I think he only did this because Jerran scored a shedload when guesting at Scunny for the opposition.

May I suggest that you buy the dvd then you may comment on something that you know nothing about at present, the gate was not watered as it was a re-run and the track had not been touched until the clown decided to try and cheat but he soon got put in his place by the female assistant, and while we are on the subject why was Howe going out and kicking the Newport gates before quite a few heats and they were not the gates he was going from in his next rides :angry:

it`s called CHEATING <removed - refer to forum rules on posting>