British Speedway Forum
childsy

Richard Hollingsworth

no one`s saying about his character away from newport speedway and he may well be a hero come superman to scunthorpe fans but on the 7th of may at newport he was a total prat,i don`t know richard hollingsworth and don`t want to and that may well be my loss but you can`t take away his unprofessional antics at newport on that night,please can you tell me if it`s ok for a manager or come to that any member of the scunthorpe team to walk onto a track and start grading it,how would you feel if are manager came to your track and did the same???,richard was`nt just told once about this but several times then kicked off in the pits with are promotor STEVE MALLETT and the ref,it got to the stage with steve mallett that richard was lucky to go home with his teeth in his head,all this brought on by richards antics.

I think you are missing the point. There is not one single one of us that is not capable of extraordinary, inappropriate actions under provocation or in certain circumstances. Its quite clear here that Richard is one of the least controversial people within the British Speedway community (for want of a better description) so its very likely that something caused him to act in the way he did.

Before he is condemned for one-off, wholly exceptional behaviour I suggest you attempt to find out what that was, because it just might be that a lot of people placed in his position might have done the same thing.

it got to the stage with steve mallett that richard was lucky to go home with his teeth in his head,all this brought on by richards antics.

Steve Malletts antics sound just as bad

Steve Malletts antics sound just as bad

lol,was you there montie,did you see what happened,did you here what was said,did you see richard laughing and joking and acting like a kid,I SEEN,HEARD AND WATCHED all of the aboved :nono: ,richard was totally out of control FACT.

lol,was you there montie,did you see what happened,did you here what was said,did you see richard laughing and joking and acting like a kid,I SEEN,HEARD AND WATCHED all of the aboved :nono: ,richard was totally out of control FACT.

And the Mallets are known to go out of control - that's why the younger Mallet was banned from promoting for quite a long time...

The BSPA appear not to have taken this any further - which makes me think that Richard's actions were not as bad as people make out. If Richard was out of control he would have been the one provoking a fight. As it is I read that the Mallets were attempting to provoke Richard. He made light of it and laughed and joked instead.

Richard Hollingsworth is worth ten Mallets. He cares about Speedway - not just his own team, but all levels of Speedway. If there were more people like him willing to put the hours into Speedway at all levels then British Speedway would not be in the poor state it is in.

No i wasnt there,i just heard about the laughing and joking kid leading his team to a fine win :cheers:

Maybe had Newport done their job properly and produced an evenly graded/watered start line then Richard wouldn't of needed to put his point over in such animated style.... End of the day, he was only doing his job..to see fair play and do his bit for his team...end of.

If every club had someone of Richards ilk at their disposal then the sport would a far greater one for it. The sheer dedication, enthusiasm and work rate of the guy is quite something...such an asset not only to Scunthorpe Speedway but to the whole of British speedway. He and his good lady wife deserve all the recognition they get for providing rider opportunities via the practice sessions, amateur meetings etc... God knows how many hours they must put in behind the scenes to provide such a service!

Well done Richard..you stood your ground, ensured fair play...good on you.

Maybe had Newport done their job properly and produced an evenly graded/watered start line then Richard wouldn't of needed to put his point over in such animated style.... End of the day, he was only doing his job..to see fair play and do his bit for his team...end of.

If every club had someone of Richards ilk at their disposal then the sport would a far greater one for it. The sheer dedication, enthusiasm and work rate of the guy is quite something...such an asset not only to Scunthorpe Speedway but to the whole of British speedway. He and his good lady wife deserve all the recognition they get for providing rider opportunities via the practice sessions, amateur meetings etc... God knows how many hours they must put in behind the scenes to provide such a service!

Never a truer word spoken great post Albert. Highly approve :)

I've still got no idea what a "flaming gala" is ...

It's a gay festivity with pyrotechnics.

Richard Hollingsworth is worth ten Mallets. He cares about Speedway - not just his own team, but all levels of Speedway. If there were more people like him willing to put the hours into Speedway at all levels then British Speedway would not be in the poor state it is in.

,KEEP TAKING THE DRUGS.

LOL,ANOTHER NUTTER.

Here Here!

about time a lot of you keyboard junkies crawl back under your rocks instead of posting nasty and vicious things about people who actually do good

i actually hate this forum because of it - dont know why i come on here really

Erm, then don't? :rolleyes: