British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Polish Extraleague Play-offs

With 12 of the 14 normal season rounds gone and with a 7 day break for the SWC its perhaps a good opportunity to have a look at the play-off situation.Current table

1 Zielona Gora p 12 pts 23 +107

2 Torun p 12 pts 23 +63

3 Gorzow p 12 pts 19 +48

4 Leszno P 12 pts 17 +23

5 Rzeszow p 12 pts 12 -31

6 Wroclaw p 12 pts 8 -54

7 Czestochowa p 11 pts 6 -64

8 Tarnow p 11 pts 5 -92

Last two rounds are on 17/7 and 24/7 the only real doubt left is who will fill the 6th and last qualifying place,However finishing positions are all important to decide who they meet in the play-offs and one fixture really stands out-last week of the season Torun v Zielona Gora which will surely decide top spot going into the play-offs.

If my memory serves me right(if not i hope our Polish friends will put me right)the play-offs follow this format

7th aug/14th aug

6 v 1 1 v 6

5 v 2 2 v 5

4 v 3 3 v 4

then a new table is created with the 3 winners and the best loser-then

21st aug/11th sept

best loser v 1 1 v best loser

3 v 2 2 v 3

then the two winners meet in the grand final on 18th and 25 th sept

So who will win-my pick the mighty Torun and yours ?

Edited by racers and royals

With 12 of the 14 normal season rounds gone and with a 7 day break for the SWC its perhaps a good opportunity to have a look at the play-off situation.Current table

1 Zielona Gora p 12 pts 23 +107

2 Torun p 12 pts 23 +63

3 Gorzow p 12 pts 19 +48

4 Leszno P 12 pts 17 +23

5 Rzeszow p 12 pts 12 -31

6 Wroclaw p 12 pts 8 -54

7 Czestochowa p 11 pts 6 -64

8 Tarnow p 11 pts 5 -92

Last two rounds are on 17/7 and 24/7 the only real doubt left is who will fill the 6th and last qualifying place,However finishing positions are all important to decide who they meet in the play-offs and one fixture really stands out-last week of the season Torun v Zielona Gora which will surely decide top spot going into the play-offs.

If my memory serves me right(if not i hope our Polish friends will put me right)the play-offs follow this format

7th aug/14th aug

6 v 1 1 v 6

5 v 2 2 v 5

4 v 3 3 v 4

then a new table is created with the 3 winners and the best loser-then

21st aug/11th sept

best loser v 1 1 v best loser

3 v 2 2 v 3

then the two winners meet in the grand final on 18th and 25 th sept

So who will win-my pick the mighty Torun and yours ?

Stal Gorzow

Canada and the UK united-not only with William and Kate :lol:

And the USA sits on the air fence :rofl:

Oh, go on then, i'll go with Leszno ( for Leigh's sake :t: )

What an evenly balanced table though. Wouldn't miss Sundays in Poland for the world.

Regards. Alan.

Aj hitting some serious form and with Hancock and pepe so solid zeilona gora look the team to beat for me !

So that is the top 4 now in the mix. Each of us could make a solid case, which just goes to show the strength in depth of the Polish league. Let battle commence :cheers:

Alan.

So that is the top 4 now in the mix. Each of us could make a solid case, which just goes to show the strength in depth of the Polish league. Let battle commence :cheers:

Alan.

Get Rune Holta fit and the boys will be un-stopable :approve:

Get Rune Holta fit and the boys will be un-stopable :approve:

As you know i am a Holta fan. There are 3 riders who have struggled this season. Rune, Janusz and Hans Andersen. I root for all 3 when i see them because they all deserve better than the hand fate has dealt them this season.

Take care. Alan. :cheers:

I'm going over to the 1st leg of the final wherever it may be(flight booked to Poznan from Luton for £39 return :) ).Obviously the atmosphere at any of the stadiums will take watching speedway to a whole new level.Torun or Gorzow would be good as I haven't been to those stadiums.

I'm going over to the 1st leg of the final wherever it may be(flight booked to Poznan from Luton for £39 return :) ).Obviously the atmosphere at any of the stadiums will take watching speedway to a whole new level.Torun or Gorzow would be good as I haven't been to those stadiums.

I'd love to do the final...Tried soooo hard a couple of years ago when the mighty Falubaz won, but the weather did us over...So much effort put into getting tickets, transport and hotels for Torun and then ZG only to be thwarted at every turn by the weather.

I was glad I didn't try last year...No need to see Leszno win so easily :D

I'll see how the play-offs go and then look into trying to do something this year if Falubaz are looking good again :D

I'd love to do the final...Tried soooo hard a couple of years ago when the mighty Falubaz won, but the weather did us over...So much effort put into getting tickets, transport and hotels for Torun and then ZG only to be thwarted at every turn by the weather.

I was glad I didn't try last year...No need to see Leszno win so easily :D

I'll see how the play-offs go and then look into trying to do something this year if Falubaz are looking good again :D

Hope to see you there then Henry W.Lets hope the weather behaves itself.I've got Mateusz on the case regarding tickets.I'd be happy with the Liga 1 final so long as Polonia make it. ;)

Edited by bluejam

Rained-off round 12 match Tarnow v Czestochowa re-arranged for next Tuesday 12th July

Right In the middle of the world cup !