British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
heathen79

Dudley Heathens In Team Gb Under 19 Squad

A real shame that only those with deep pockets can represent their country :oops:

Some money must be put aside by the Promoters to fund riders in FIM and UEM "Team" events. :mad:

Just wanted to Confirm that Shane was not over looked and was asked to ride but had to turn it down purely for financial reasons. He is strugling finacialy like most of the young riders and could not afford to fund the trip.

And that there, folks, is British speedway in a nutshell. How much would it cost? How much do flashy kevlars for EL teams cost? Which is more healthy for the future of speedway in this country?

Rob i av to agree where are howarth n garrity but sayin they are better than all four are not true, have to say morris is better than garrity

From what ive been hearing Garrity is very over rated at this point in time, but Howarth is showing he has what it takes

and also the ambition to take the next step up, which suprised me about Garrity.

Your not having Morris, hes an aussie.

Junior

From what ive been hearing Garrity is very over rated at this point in time, but Howarth is showing he has what it takes

and also the ambition to take the next step up, which suprised me about Garrity.

Your not having Morris, hes an aussie.

Junior

Garrity has the potential to be a very good rider that's sure, he's got a long way to go though. As for Morris if he isn't going to ride for Britain then why was he allowed to ride in the NL on a 3 point average and to sign for Glasgow on a 3 point average. Such a shame that money can't be put into our young riders travelling abroad to these meetings, the experience is just what they and the future of our nations speedway needs.

Garrity has the potential to be a very good rider that's sure, he's got a long way to go though. As for Morris if he isn't going to ride for Britain then why was he allowed to ride in the NL on a 3 point average and to sign for Glasgow on a 3 point average. Such a shame that money can't be put into our young riders travelling abroad to these meetings, the experience is just what they and the future of our nations speedway needs.

That post sums up many un-answered questions,its a joke really that this trip/meeting cant be funded and again highlights what a joke the rules are that allow certain rider to be British when it suits them

Wasnt there an Aussie listed in the British semi-final who had come in on a 3 because it suited him??so was selected for the British final,only it turned out he wasnt a Brit,but an Aussie!!!!again cos it suited him

That post sums up many un-answered questions,its a joke really that this trip/meeting cant be funded and again highlights what a joke the rules are that allow certain rider to be British when it suits them

Wasnt there an Aussie listed in the British semi-final who had come in on a 3 because it suited him??so was selected for the British final,only it turned out he wasnt a Brit,but an Aussie!!!!again cos it suited him

Morris is a prime example of an Australian abusing the British system. Last year he declined to ride for Great Britain. And people wonder why I protest about these riders. Absolutely scandelous.

I think anyone who takes out an ACU license should have a minimum 5-yr expiry on it.

That to be fair is a good and fair idea

As for Morris if he isn't going to ride for Britain then why was he allowed to ride in the NL on a 3 point average and to sign for Glasgow on a 3 point average.

I disagree that choice should remain with the individual as it is in every single other sport.

The only reason people want it to be the case is a) Because they realise the Aussies who have British passports/some form of nationality are better than anything coming out of the GB isles atm.

B) Because they want to win.

I think the rules should stay as they are. It's funny how people who claim to not want any dual nationality riders in the NL would sell out there ideals if the riders were forced to ride for Team GB.

And probably wouldn't have a problem if one of them chose to ride for Team GB under the current rules.

I think they have a better chance of getting someone to ride for Team GB out of choice than enforcement.

I highly doubt any of the dual nationality Aussies would take a place in the NL if they were forced to ride for Team GB.

I highly doubt any of the dual nationality Aussies would take a place in the NL if they were forced to ride for Team GB.

Then they can stay at home and ride in the Australian National League then. Oh, wait...

Then they can stay at home and ride in the Australian National League then. Oh, wait...

Which would mean we would have no chance of any of them riding for Team GB, at least with what we have then they might choose to ride for Team GB.

But rest assured if that happened at the top level Team GB will still be rubbish when it matters, until they get investment & development in place & realise & accept where Team GB's place in the speedway world is.

I disagree that choice should remain with the individual as it is in every single other sport.

The only reason people want it to be the case is a) Because they realise the Aussies who have British passports/some form of nationality are better than anything coming out of the GB isles atm.

B) Because they want to win.

I think the rules should stay as they are. It's funny how people who claim to not want any dual nationality riders in the NL would sell out there ideals if the riders were forced to ride for Team GB.

And probably wouldn't have a problem if one of them chose to ride for Team GB under the current rules.

I think they have a better chance of getting someone to ride for Team GB out of choice than enforcement.

Which is exactly the point, these riders should be told if they want to come in to the National League they have to be classed as a British rider, if they want to go into the PL on a 3 point average they have to ride as a British rider and if they want their 2.5% average reduction each year they have to ride as a Brit. It's quite easy to grasp, if they are going to use these loopholes in the rules to better themselves that's fair enough and I can't blame them for doing so, however these loopholes should be closed.

I'm against foreign riders in the NL and the BSPA are shooting themselves in the foot with regards to developing our own talent by letting a few slip through the net. It may only be one or two but they are spots which could be taken by British riders who would race for Britain if they ever got the sufficient standard.

Obviously as a Heathens' fan I'm happy to see a strong representation of our riders taking part (my uncle actually said to me yesterday he was going to try to get out there to see Dudley take on the rest of the world :lol:). It's not the strongest team we could have tracked in terms of looking at names on a piece of paper. But for whatever reasons certain individuals won't be there so I hope our boys (by which I mean Brits) get the fans' support irrespective of club loyalties. :)

Which is exactly the point, these riders should be told if they want to come in to the National League they have to be classed as a British rider, if they want to go into the PL on a 3 point average they have to ride as a British rider and if they want their 2.5% average reduction each year they have to ride as a Brit. It's quite easy to grasp, if they are going to use these loopholes in the rules to better themselves that's fair enough and I can't blame them for doing so, however these loopholes should be closed.

I'm against foreign riders in the NL and the BSPA are shooting themselves in the foot with regards to developing our own talent by letting a few slip through the net. It may only be one or two but they are spots which could be taken by British riders who would race for Britain if they ever got the sufficient standard.

Ben what your saying is the loopholes shouldn't be closed as long as we force them to ride for Britain which isn't the same thing. I highly doubt it will ever be enforceable in law. Unless qualification criteria for representing a country changed across all sports.

I highly doubt that even if it was enforced we would feel any benefit to the system before the NL and the standard of British riders in the NL is no comparison nor will it be unless we see drastic changes before they reach the NL.

Forcing them to ride for GB if they wished to ride NL,would probably mean they would all come over on 5s to the PL anyway and still be for the most part miles better than anything produced domestically.

It's funny how many British people selectively choose when they are/are not British but don't approve of other people having more than 1 nationality or think that they should have the same freedom of choice.

I'm more than willing to agree to disagree on the matter, I'm glad to see that your still as passionate about young riders and the NL as ever.

Obviously as a Heathens' fan I'm happy to see a strong representation of our riders taking part (my uncle actually said to me yesterday he was going to try to get out there to see Dudley take on the rest of the world :lol:). It's not the strongest team we could have tracked in terms of looking at names on a piece of paper. But for whatever reasons certain individuals won't be there so I hope our boys (by which I mean Brits) get the fans' support irrespective of club loyalties. :)

Totally agree they deserve are support and hopefully will learn & benefit from the experience as well as causing a few surprises.