British Speedway Forum
Wardy66

Mk Knights 2011

After a gap of nearly 20 years, Milton Keynes Knights are set to return to the speedway world in 2011

With no “home” venue of their own since the closure of Elfield Park in 1992, The MK “Alpine Cooling” Knights will return to track action against Mildenhall Fen Tigers Academy at West Row, Mildenhall on Sunday 14th August 2011

Former rider, Chris Strong has taken on the role of team manager and Chris will be using a pool of 7-8 talented British juniors looking to take their first steps in to competitive league racing.

“Since the closure of Elfield Park in 1992, speedway in the UK has seen resurgence in interest with British Elite League, the Speedway Grand Prix series and the World Team Cup shown live on SKY Sports” commented project organiser Richard Ward. “Whilst we haven’t got a track we can call home in the area, there is a fan base out there covering Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire & Northants who are crying out for a team they can call their own!”

“Initially we’ll compete at amateur level but our long term aim is to find a new home track and promotion who can return professional speedway to the area”

“Our meeting against The Mildenhall Academy will follow their senior teams National League fixture against Stoke and will feature two 4-man teams competing over 6 races” “this is just the start for the new MK “Alpine Cooling” Knights, with further fixtures against Long Eaton Invaders @ Leicester & Team Viking @ Sheffield being planned for September”

Great News. :approve:

Any way of getting a track around the pitch in the new football stadium that would be perfect.

Regards Tony.

Good Luck with the venture

Can anyone advise on this match at Mildenhall please?

My grandson in MK will be chasing me for the result.

Can anyone advise on this match at Mildenhall please?

My grandson in MK will be chasing me for the result.

The Fen Tigers Academy team beat the MK Knights 23-12!

Good luck to MK Knights in their attempts to reopen!

I'm sure that NL speedwaycoul be viable in that area!

The Fen Tigers Academy team beat the MK Knights 23-12!

Good luck to MK Knights in their attempts to reopen!

I'm sure that NL speedwaycoul be viable in that area!

Full scores in the NL section.