Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Australia would smash them in Australia.

Why is there never a World Cup event in Australia.

If the final was in Australia, The Poles would get utterly smashed.

purely and simply finance. too expensive i would imagine to transport bikes,mechanics etc.

i agree tho it would be good if the finals were selected on a more even rota,not poland every 2 years,

but thats me preferring the sport side to the financial aspect. poland deserved their win.

Excellent meeting and great racing, but boring and very predictable result. Great to have a 6th man though for Poland. Nicki slowed right up on that last bend and let Darcy through so the Aussies couldn't play the joker and I wonder if he would have stayed down after that fall if Holder had been leading in the joker ride. It proves one thing - money talks. And also in your lifetime when have you ever known a referee to change his mind, never in mine!!

Edited by scotty2hotty

The only Pole I can't stand is Gollob, and that's on a personal level. I admit he's a very good rider, but his entire attitude has always stunk.

As for the cheating, how else do you explain 5 heats where they were absolutely dominant, after 9 heats of nothing. First Gollob & Hampel had immense speed, then the other 3 had it identically at different points. They certainly didn't cheat all the way, just enough to get them equal.

And before you say they'd be caught, can you imagine the FIM actually banning the Polish team because of cheating? They'd lose an immense amount of money and the officials wouldn't get out of the country alive.

Sweden, Denmark & Australia made that meeting a lot closer than the poles wanted. As for the referee, that's the first time I've ever seen a ref change his mind after declaring a result.

And I'll bet a £1 to a pinch of sh*t that the WC final will be back in Poland next year.

What do you say about that?

Gollob breaks Aussie hearts again.

I'm glad that all 4 teams were able to use the joker this time, so no one team was disadvantaged.

Poland looking in lots of trouble early doors but the legend that is Tomasz Gollob was simply class. Two back to back wins (heats 9 & 10 I think) both with huge pressure on them and he didn't really gate in either.

The man is the best thing to happen to speedway.

And as for heat 25 sublime stuff.

Crump and Holder were excellent.

And for my money THJ didn't look out of place in this company, gaun yersel wee Tam.

And a special mention as ever for the Polish fans yet another example of amazing emotional investment in your team.

Despite the utter bullrubbish joker situation, the ridiculous machine doctoring and referee decisions, it was a good meeting. From heat 9 on, it was clearly australia not wanting to give in that kept the race alive.

Utterly disgusted by the polish team. 5 obviously talented riders that felt the need to cheat.

How?

I can't believe that people are moaning about this meeting. Every team got to use the joker so there was no advantage there and Pedersen spends half his life on his backside anyway so the fall is no great surprise. No -one could ever accuse me of being a Pedersen fan but credit to him for getting off the track...people on here normally moan constantly about people NOT getting off the track! :rolleyes:

Fabulous meeting with some awesome racing...heat 25 was out of this world!

Congratulations to Polska...and the wonderful Tomasz Gollob!!! :party:

Agreed Lupus, there are so many people on here accussing the Poles of cheating, it just get's them that a team can turn things around.

Gollob changed his timing, he turned his bike on end to fill up with oil because the ol bung had seized ......and thats cheating.... :rofl: some people are amazing with their comments.

It makes me laugh when people rave about what a talented rider Gollob is, comparing him to some of the best of all time. He is nowhere near some of the great riders of the past. What he does have are the fastest bikes.

Oh PULEEESE! :rolleyes: Yeah its ultra quick bikes - probably with illegal fuel or additives if the tin foil hat brigade are to be believed - that allow him to perform the maneuvers that he can carry off. Were you even WATCHING the meeting tonight?!!! :blink:

Should have put Crumpy in heat 24 - Holder has a joker record similar to that of Scott Nicholls. Would have also given him the chance to tweak the set up for heat 25. Probably wouldn't have been enough because the Poles would have got 2nd twice but still flawed tactically.

I agree, seems a strange decision not to use Crump.

As always, the SWC final produces an absolutely excellent meeting.

Congratulations to Poland, they came on exceptionally strong in the latter stages on the event.

Presumably it will be hosted in Denmark next year?

When the racing is generally pretty close all meeting long.. then suddenly, previously ineffective riders are winning races by 50-60 yards against WORLD CLASS riders, all grouped tightly behind them, something is amiss.

Within the rules, or not within the rules, we will never know as it is not, despite what some say here, properly investigated. The sport has too much lose for that.

Unfortunately speedway is becoming ever more like Formula One where on the big tracks its a case of fastest bike wins more often than not.

It makes me laugh when people rave about what a talented rider Gollob is, comparing him to some of the best of all time. He is nowhere near some of the great riders of the past. What he does have are the fastest bikes.

We will never know, the pressure would have been completely different.

Can't agree with that, he is amongst the best riders I have watched since the late 60's, it's not just fast bikes, he is an extremely gifted rider imo. I could watch him race all day long.

Can't understand what exactly you think the Poles did tonight, are you suggesting they swapped bikes? Can't see that going unobserved in the pits. Please explain what you think they did.

There are non more competitive than the Aussies and Jason Crump didn't seem to have any complaints there at the end.

That was a fantastic meeting, best I've seen for ages.

What do you say about that?

Gollob breaks Aussie hearts again.

I'm glad that all 4 teams were able to use the joker this time, so no one team was disadvantaged.

Poland looking in lots of trouble early doors but the legend that is Tomasz Gollob was simply class. Two back to back wins (heats 9 & 10 I think) both with huge pressure on them and he didn't really gate in either.

The man is the best thing to happen to speedway.

And as for heat 25 sublime stuff.

Crump and Holder were excellent.

And for my money THJ didn't look out of place in this company, gaun yersel wee Tam.

And a special mention as ever for the Polish fans yet another example of amazing emotional investment in your team.

have to say although each team had chance to play joker i don't think the aussies would have ideally picked holder

against hampel would they. holder was great but so was hampel,they would have chosen an easier heat but basically

had no choice.

IMO the turning point was with Gollob and the OIL he put in his bike,he left everybody for dead.

Also the team talk of the Poles,would love to know their secret,of how to find the set-ups straight away.

In the race off on Thursday Team GB never found it ALL NIGHT!!!!!!!!

Gollob fast bike

He will never have the track craft of the greats, Fundin, Moore, Mauger, Craven,Collins etc.

Despite the utter bullrubbish joker situation, the ridiculous machine doctoring and referee decisions, it was a good meeting. From heat 9 on, it was clearly australia not wanting to give in that kept the race alive.

Utterly disgusted by the polish team. 5 obviously talented riders that felt the need to cheat.

Can you explain Davy Watts' antic then or even Nickis' slowing down , was that not cheating as well ?

anyone that has ever been in the pits for these meetings will know that you cannot fart without an fim official jumpin on you, everything is so tight, that is the reason for scrutiny tents