British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Anders`

The Ronnie Moore Story

I am after a copy of The Ronnie Moore Story.

Does anyone have a copy they would sell?

(or know anyone who would?)

Long shot but.......

did you used to race in the 70's? if you are who i think you are, i liked your style.. ;)

did you used to race in the 70's? if you are who i think you are, i liked your style.. ;)

Unfortunately no I am not that legand.

I was named after him though. I did get to see him ride once or twice but I was far too young to remember.

Sigh........

i believe him to have been a well spoken ambassador for the sport, and pretty damn tough. as per the book, bet you would have some luck on e bay in nz, msn? good luck. ronnie moore was one of my idols as well, and if you have good luck tell us how you did it. :) i know norbold, dd, and a few others would be interested, well maybe.

I had heard the same. No nonsense riding style.

All the links to NZ and Au ebays and ebay.com not got :(

It shall become tireless hunt :)

Thanks for your advice

(btw, it is as much a curse as anything else to have such a 'weird' name, meeting new people etc...... "dont you mean Andrew?" Pah! what do they know?) :D

I am not sure I would classify Ronnie as a no nonsense rider. Having seen him many times I would describe his style as a classically smooth rider. He gated fast and might have been the best ever at hugging the white line.