British Speedway Forum
Main Man

Newport V Mildenhall Nl Sat Aug 6th At 7pm

A BIG thank you to the Mildenhall promotion for agreeing to come to Newport this Saturday (August 6th) for our NL clash. With no PL opposition able to switch dates the fixture became available so Mildenhall were approached to come and agreed ... so the Hornets take centre stage on Saturday under lights with a 7pm start.

Really dissapointed I cannot make this one, especially after last nights performance at Dudley!

I assume it will be R/R for both sides with both Brendan Johnson and Joe Jacobs on international duty in Sweden?

Hopefully Mark Baseby will be fit, and if Cameron Heeps takes to the Newport track like he did the Wolverhampton one I can see a second away victory in a week for the Fen Tigers :approve:

Official match preview can be found here

If Cameron Heeps rides as well as he did at Dudley, the Hornets could be turned over relatively easily.

Heeps is clearly going to be hot property over the next year or two. Fair play to Ippo if they've signed the lad it's good to see they've gotten there first for a change. I'll follow the lads progress with interest.

Is anyone going to this meeting who can text to the updates site? If so can you please pm me here or pm Steve P on the updates site.

Thanks

Can anyone Newport way let us know how the weather is looking please? Going to be leaving around 1'ish. Thank you

Edited by mummycaz

Can anyone Newport way let us know how the weather is looking please? Going to be leaving around 1'ish. Thank you

At 9:10 its currently cloudy, but the sun is coming out.

Only a minutes drive away from stadium,dry at the moment.

Only a minutes drive away from stadium,dry at the moment.

Thank you for that. We are now about to set off. Anyone leaving in the Cambridge area, the A.14 has an hour delay on it at Fenstanton and the M25 has several problems on it.

Another Maximum for Kurtz :approve: Again another level above the rest on display tonight. Heeps a bit wild but seems to have a great future ahead of him. Australia have amazing riders coming through :cry: