British Speedway Forum

Reading Scott Nicholls twitter he's surprised Eddie is the 1 caught out but glad something has FINALLY been done & hopes it stops ALL the others. Interesting that innit.

Do you have any experience of speedway bikes at close quarters ?

most of the time it's difficult to hear yourself think especially when all the bikes are running at the same time , when riding it's more likely for you to hear someone elses engine than your own , the difference between tis years and last years silencers is very little close up . anyway I'll wait and see before I prepare a rope for Eddie . until Dave king has assured us that his silencers last forever and could not possibly fall apart due to age vibration or use

Clutching at straws if you think its a manufacturing fault,the management at Coventry,judging by their statement, seem to have accepted it was illegal and Kennet knew it was illegal.

Personally i think the sound the new silencers make is totally different sound to the old ones but not having been close up or an expert on the subject i couldn't comment on the difference close up.

I would imagine there will be no further statements until after the hearing and Kennet himself may have been told not to make any comments.

Steve - you just cant help yourself can you :lol:

Plenty, if not ALL Coventry fans on here have said Kennett should get the chop. How can you say Kennett has been riding on an illegal silencer all year? Is what you stated based on any fact what so ever?

It seems from Twitter and other sources, its a kind of dirty secret that riders have and are using illegal silencers, not just Kennett!

On a different note, I believe there have been various checks and protests made already this year. Jerran Hart being one of them, whilst guesting for Somerset and once when riding for Ipswich.

And Jerran Hart's scores went downhill afterwards...

This situation is beyond petty points scoring and IMHO Coventry have acted very swiftly and fairly and we need now to see the outcome of the hearing. No doubt some on here will look on it as an opportunity to up their number of posts and wind up a few people.

Edited by Custom House Kid

Can anybody prove that Kennett or the Coventry management knew it was illegal. I would say no and similar to average fixing and other cheats carried out over the years it will be hard to nail the people that gain an advantage.

I'd expect some backroom jonny to carry the can for this and move on elsewhere with assistance.

Cheating in speedway has been shown to be worth doing as it is so hard to attribute blame and the rewards as we have seen over the last few years are worth it.

Coventry Speedway has a long and proud history, and under no circumstances does the club condone cheating of any kind, whether that relates to race fixing or machine tampering.

:blink::o:rofl:

Do you have any experience of speedway bikes at close quarters ?

most of the time it's difficult to hear yourself think especially when all the bikes are running at the same time , when riding it's more likely for you to hear someone elses engine than your own , the difference between tis years and last years silencers is very little close up . anyway I'll wait and see before I prepare a rope for Eddie . until Dave king has assured us that his silencers last forever and could not possibly fall apart due to age vibration or use

I think from Coventry's statement it is not a case of "falling apart". It has been rumoured or alluded to all season. I am told the difference would be audible. Either way a rider is responsible for his equipment that he sits on. Cannot blame others.

Steve - you just cant help yourself can you :lol:

Plenty, if not ALL Coventry fans on here have said Kennett should get the chop. How can you say Kennett has been riding on an illegal silencer all year? Is what you stated based on any fact what so ever?

It seems from Twitter and other sources, its a kind of dirty secret that riders have and are using illegal silencers, not just Kennett!

Lucky he was able to get to a computer so quickly :rolleyes:

Somebody clearly took the locks of the padded cell door a bit earlier tonight

Can I ask u a straight question steve that's just say it was ward or holder had been found to be cheating what would your reaction be. And if u read scott nicholls twitter kennet is not the only one who has been at it

I think the straight question should be when a Poole rider WAS caught cheating did he want the same sanction

Edited by sancho

I think the straight question should be when a Poole rider WAS caught cheating did he want the same sanction

Its a tricky one,because should the club suffer by a riders selfish actions.

If a footballer gets banned,the club doesn't lose points and its difficult to prove the club knew.

Can I ask u a straight question steve that's just say it was ward or holder had been found to be cheating what would your reaction be.

I can guarantee that if it was a Poole rider we would be up to about 30 pages by now.

For the record i am gutted for Eddie,what was he thinking :neutral:

Its a tricky one,because should the club suffer by a riders selfish actions.

If a footballer gets banned,the club doesn't lose points and its difficult to prove the club knew.

Very true would also be very difficult to prove that the silencer had been tampered with before yesterday