British Speedway Forum

you would be under construction and use regulations! (Use, cause, permit)

Aiding and abetting the improper use of a motor vehicle , got the endorsement to prove it

"Honest guv, it's not my fault, he did it!"

Please, he is an experienced rider who has been around long enough and would know from the sound of the engine and feel of the machinery whether it was "right"or not.

Sorry, poor excuse and grabbing at straws; he's made a crazy mistake and got caught.

Great shame, and I am surprised and disappointed in him.

I feel i have to agree with you

I see Pawlicki has his silencer back, wonder if Custer Mouse will apologise now, or is it more likely Kennett to come clean.

Apologise to whom and for what ? Upsetting a pair of self appointed forum vigilantes whose own posts don't comply with forum rules themselves ?

If my posts have broken any forum rules then why have I not been reported to the mods? Alternatively there is an ignore button for those of a sensitive nature.

Alan Boon has claimed Troy Batchelor threw a race on orders in the SWC. So what ? I don't agree with him but I wholeheartedly support his entitlement to express a view if no forum rules are broken. Same goes for everyone else who has an opinion.

Its an open forum. everyone is entitled to express a view, and the mods, not the holier-than-thou self-appointed vigilantes will determine where the boundaries are.

We should all cut Eddie some slack, lets not forget he was trying to do us all a favour and keep lakeside out of the play offs.

The mechanic has lost his job. I think that's enough punishment, don't you? Especially in the current climate. I would imagine the mechanic will have signed an affadavit taking responsibility and unless anyone has evidence to the contrary I'd advise you to watch what you say very carefully.

:rofl:

Look at it from a legal standpoint - if the mechanic admits it was his fault, and that Kennett knew nothing, the authorities leave themselves open to all kinds of problems if they continue to pursue Kennett. While suspicion may follow him his whole career after this, it appears he's innocent. Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you. I certainly can't offer any proof he is, anymore than you can prove he isn't.

How is this situation any different from an athlete taking a banned substance that he or she was given by their 'coach' which the athlete didn't know was tampered with? In that circumstance the rule is that it is the responsibility of the athlete to KNOW what they are putting in their body and the 'I didn't know' defence does not work! How is this any different from this case? As the person taking part in the sporting event it is the individual's responsibility to make sure they are competing legally. Therefore it is also the individual who must be punished for the breaking of the rules. :nono: It really is that simple... :neutral:

Genuine question to all mechanics and ex mechanics on this forum.

What is the normal method of payment?

Is it a weekly wage? (With or without bonuses)

Is it on a meeting by meeting basis

Do mechanics get paid per point as the riders do.

If a mechanic is on a weekly wage with no bonus, why would he tamper with equipment?

If a mechanic gets a bonus if his employer scores 10+ points, I can see why possibly.

If a mechanic gets paid per point scored I can see why he might tamper.

So come on folks what's the normal method of payment to mechanics.

Apologise to whom and for what ? Upsetting a pair of self appointed forum vigilantes whose own posts don't comply with forum rules themselves ?

If my posts have broken any forum rules then why have I not been reported to the mods? Alternatively there is an ignore button for those of a sensitive nature.

Alan Boon has claimed Troy Batchelor threw a race on orders in the SWC. So what ? I don't agree with him but I wholeheartedly support his entitlement to express a view if no forum rules are broken. Same goes for everyone else who has an opinion.

Its an open forum. everyone is entitled to express a view, and the mods, not the holier-than-thou self-appointed vigilantes will determine where the boundaries are.

Fantastic Reaction, little sensitive aren´t you. You try to smear promotions and riders with your in-the-know attitude, similar to your tripe over the winter. Cannot find it right now, but you did say stuff like, "if the unusual burn mark´s on Pawlicki´s silencer mean what people think they mean, oh dear big trouble", and earlier today, "there is more to come". Clearly not for Pawlicki.

You claim Pawlicki had a dodgy silencer, this can categorically been ruled out. He was tested, and passed.

Don´t let the facts get in the way of your rants though.

Edited by Authorised

Is there somebody on here who is mega technical? I am not sure that additional exhaust note, i.e. louder exhaust, means the bike will go faster! When the new exhausts were introduced they would have been tested and analysed to get the maximum performance with the minimum of noise. For a mechanic, rider or even engine tuner to think, the engine will perform better, if I take out a few of the internal parts of the silencer, to me, sounds far fetched. And if it is done, it probably only provides a psychological advantage and no real advantage. Noise will always sound faster. As SCB said..it is uniformed boll**ks! I think as someone pointed out, he meant uninformed boll**ks! Students! I would call it compliance boll**ks!

Totally agree with you. He will know how long this has gone on for, and needs to get honest with the authorities, and with other riders if he is to be trusted again.

But what you said was, if he can provide information of how long it's been going on then you will accept his statement that he had no idea it was going on.

Is there somebody on here who is mega technical? I am not sure that additional exhaust note, i.e. louder exhaust, means the bike will go faster! When the new exhausts were introduced they would have been tested and analysed to get the maximum performance with the minimum of noise. For a mechanic, rider or even engine tuner to think, the engine will perform better, if I take out a few of the internal parts of the silencer, to me, sounds far fetched. And if it is done, it probably only provides a psychological advantage and no real advantage. Noise will always sound faster. As SCB said..it is uniformed boll**ks! I think as someone pointed out, he meant uninformed boll**ks! Students! I would call it compliance boll**ks!

Making it louder is a by product of getting the gases out faster, so yes, in theory drilling holes in your baffles could make it faster; all you need is to be a tenth of a second quicker off the line and you're into the first corner first.

Some likened the new silencer to sticking a potato up the pipe, drilling a few holes is like shaving a chip off it first.

Making it louder is a by product of getting the gases out faster, so yes, in theory drilling holes in your baffles could make it faster; all you need is to be a tenth of a second quicker off the line and you're into the first corner first.

Some likened the new silencer to sticking a potato up the pipe, drilling a few holes is like shaving a chip off it first.

Like a King Edward?

Much to the dismay of "Josietoms" I suspect, here's a twitter message from Darcy Ward to Lewis Bridger. What a difference!

@LewisLBR na he just beat you. Dude you need to stop writing about ted and do your own thing #livelife

Much to the dismay of "Josietoms" I suspect, here's a twitter message from Darcy Ward to Lewis Bridger. What a difference!

Well said Darky.