British Speedway Forum

Sunday August 07, 2011

AT last night’s Elite Meeting a Protest was made to the Referee by the Lakeside Team Manager during the Meeting and another similar one was made by the Coventry Team Manager at the conclusion of the Meeting.

These Protests concerned the validity of Silencers being used during that Meeting.

At the conclusion of the Meeting, 6 Silencers were handed into the custody of a nominated SCB Official, who this morning, in the presence of a representative of both Lakeside and Coventry had these examined by David King, the manufacturer of King Silencers.

One silencer, that belonging to Edward Kennett was found to have been tampered with and therefore used illegally.

The points scored by Mr Kennett (15pts) and those scored by Nick Morris (3pts) when using Mr Kennett’s motorbike in Heat 12 are deducted from the final score.

The Revised score now reads: LAKESIDE 42 – COVENTRY 30

Mr Kennett has been charged with non-compliance of the 2011 Speedway Regulations and a date for a Disciplinary Court Hearing is being arranged.

In accordance with the 2011 Speedway Regulations, Mr Kennett’s SCB Registration is suspended for a period of 7 days as from today.

The Speedway Control Bureau

ACU House

Wood Street

Rugby

Edited by PremierRebel

Oh my!!!!

Naughty Kennett.

Looks like Lakeside acted within the regulations and proved to be correct.

Cheats never prosper.

I don't know whether it can be appealed but if he has tampered with it (which looks very likely) then I'd sack him for bringing the clubs name into disrepute.

I'll wait to hear our side. Always drama with us :D

I don't know whether it can be appealed but if he has tampered with it (which looks very likely) then I'd sack him for bringing the clubs name into disrepute.

I'll wait to hear our side. Always drama with us :D

You can say that again! :lol:

And I wonder if this will now open the possible floodgates of other appeals at other tracks!

And I wonder if this will now open the possible floodgates of other appeals at other tracks!

Tommy Nicholls-Scotts dad and a engine tuner did say several weeks ago in the star that there should be more checks on silencers and engines

Tommy Nicholls-Scotts dad and a engine tuner did say several weeks ago in the star that there should be more checks on silencers and engines

Bet there will be now.

Rightly so i say.

Absolutely ridiculous by Kennett, and if proved to be true, he will deserve all he gets.

I don't reckon Swindon will face any appeals!

Should be sacked immediately and replaced. And refund my admission fee from last night.

I hope wee Nick doesn't incur any repercussions over using Kennet's bike . :shock:

I think there's got to be more to the story. I'd wait and hear from Kennett and Coventry first. However, even if he's found to have deliberately done this I wouldn't call for a ban, rather a probationary period where his machines are subject to constant checking. It would serve no-one, least of all British speedway.

Should be sacked immediately and replaced.

Should it be confirmed that Ed was in the wrong, I agree, he has to go. We can't as a club be seen to back this in any way what so ever.

If he knew there was an issue, why did he lend his bike to Nick? And why then go out in heat 15? And why not sit behind Emil in heat 13? It makes no sense, either Eddie is innocent, naive or stupid.

Edited by SCB

I sincerely hope that this news is not true and that Eddie Kennett has not been found cheating ... If however this is true and Eddie Kennett has deliberately tampered with his silencer to gain advantage over his rivals then he should be sacked - cheats cannot be allowed to prosper and should be severely dealt with regardless of nationality, capability, etc.

Really puts a downsider on what was supposed to be a great away victory ......

I hope wee Nick doesn't incur any repercussions over using Kennet's bike . :shock:

That would be extremely harsh....

Well thats a turn up for the books from people there and comments on here nobody throught Kennet was the guilty party.

If he has been a naughty boy the club ought to sanction him heavily.