British Speedway Forum

I sincerely hope that this news is not true and that Eddie Kennett has not been found cheating ... If however this is true and Eddie Kennett has deliberately tampered with his silencer to gain advantage over his rivals then he should be sacked - cheats cannot be allowed to prosper and should be severely dealt with regardless of nationality, capability, etc.

Really puts a downsider on what was supposed to be a great away victory ......

He has been found cheating! It's just whether he knew about it at the time or not.

Should it be confirmed that Ed was in the wrong, I agree, he has to go. We can't as a club be seen to back this in any way what so ever.

If he knew there was an issue, why did he lend his bike to Nick? And why then go out in heat 15? And why not sit behind Emil in heat 13? It makes no sense, either Eddie is innocent, naive or stupid.

Completely agree, I can't quite get my head around this. To me Eddie having knowledge of this doesn't add up at all. However if it is the case he has to go, not only from cov but from GB in my opinion

If Kennett is found cheating there surely the only option would be to move him to Poole .

Edited by orion

Any other fan out there sitting with their fingers crossed about their own team? :unsure:

Despite releasing the story on their website the BSPA haven't amended their tables. The MiniMax tables have reflected the SCB change of the result. Hopefully the BSPA will follow suit and i'm right to have updated the table?

MiniMax League Tables

The reversal of the result certainly has had a strong effect on the chase for the play-offs.

TBH there have been rumblings since the start of the season that this was going on, perhaps now that someone has been found out, others who may or may not have silencers in a similar state, may just think again!!!!

Any other fan out there sitting with their fingers crossed about their own team? :unsure:

You hear the odd rumour that its happening and i hope they do more intense checks from now on.

He has been found cheating! It's just whether he knew about it at the time or not.

How can it be that a rider does not know about it ..... unless of course we are to believe a mechanic is to take the complete blame ... a la Leon Madsen ..... Didn't believe it then and don't believe it now. If that Silencer was tampered with - he knew about it! Silly, silly boy! :mad::mad:

I presume the silencer will now be cut open to see what exactly has been done to it: It might be something as simple as him welding a crack in the silencer or the part that fits onto the frame.

Just because he has been shown to have tampered with the silencer according to the regulations, it does not automatically follow that he has altered the silencer to gain an advantage. When it says his silencer was tampered with, it simply means that something was done to it. So he may not have cheated at all, just done something he thought was needed as part of the upkeep of his bike.

We shall have to wait and see before we sack anybody.

You hear the odd rumour that its happening and i hope they do more intense checks from now on.

Hear, hear.

Don't like cheats in any sport. End of.

I presume the silencer will now be cut open to see what exactly has been done to it: It might be something as simple as him welding a crack in the silencer or the part that fits onto the frame.

Just because he has been shown to have tampered with the silencer according to the regulations, it does not automatically follow that he has altered the silencer to gain an advantage. When it says his silencer was tampered with, it simply means that something was done to it. So he may not have cheated at all, just done something he thought was needed as part of the upkeep of his bike.

Surely Dave King would have found out exactly what had been done this am

Any rider should be responsible for his bikes,in this case Kennett,if its found that Kennetts silencer is illegal than he should be facing a long ban from all speedway meetings over here.

Well maybe he should have told the machine examiner that was there to make sure it was ok and surely the riders would have been briefed about what is acceptable when changing parts of the silencer at the beginning of the season!