British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
redcarcub

£5 Reduction For The Fours Final

I could have sent a personal email to David Hoggart instead of putting this on here, but if I am to get a reply, then ALL fans should be able to see it here and I know David comes on here.

WHAT GESTURE OF GOODWILL IS GOING TO BE PAST ON TO THOSE FANS FROM THE TEAMS THAT GOT KNOCKED OUT IN THE SEMI'S AND HAVE NO REASON TO GO TO THE FINAL WHEN STAGED ????? We paid our £20 also and also missed out on another 12 heats.

I would say at least 99% of those fans from Redcar,Edinburgh,Glasgow and Sheffield won't be going to the FINAL when it is staged, so do we lose out ? Surely it can't be one rule for one and another rule for others ?? Let's have some COMMON SENSE on this please!!

Would it hurt the BSPA to give us Redcar,Edinburgh,Glasgow and Sheffield fans £5 OFF admission at the PLRC at Sheffield, as long as we produce our admission ticket from the Fours? After all,this is also a Super 7's event. Or is it just a case of 2 fingers up to these sets of supporters?

DON'T TAKE US FANS FOR GRANTED AND LETS SEE SOME 'COMMON SENSE' PREVAIL HERE.

I have read many posting's and heard other fans moan in person about the admission charge of £20 for the Super 7's events, but why moan? It can cost fans £15/£16 to watch 15 Heats of League Speedway. So I personally think that an extra £4/£5 for another extra 13 races is a good price to charge. Just my opinion! We don't hear fans complaining when Promoters at times leave normal admission prices in place when their own track puts on an Individual meeting of 20 Heats and charges no extra!!!

The BSPA should have waited to see how the Leicester track settled and waited to see the outcome with Peterborough before naming the Venue. The venue did not have to be decided as early as it did. Naming the venue in May would have been OK. In an ideal world, only places like Peterborough, Sheffield, Somerset, King's Lynn, Coventry, Wolverhampton and Poole should be holding these type of meetings (all racers tracks with good facilities), but that's only my opinion.

I may be wrong here and know it's nothing to do with the Fours, but I'm sure there is a new policy in for normal league meetings this season, where it depends on what heat an abandment takes place, determines how much money you get off at the next home meeting? For every heat after heat 8 (up to a certain heat?), you get so much off admission for the next home meeting and as each heat passes after heat 8, you get less of a reduction the next meeting.I've read it somewhere this season, that this is now the policy?

Edited by redcarcub

I think £5 off the PLRC for all attendees at the fours, and a standard £15 charge for the re-staged fours is the way to go.

I think £5 off the PLRC for all attendees at the fours, and a standard £15 charge for the re-staged fours is the way to go.

I think the answer is simpler than that. The fours is a shared event then simply allow those who won't be at the restaging to use the five pound off at any track. that can then be claimed back by the promoter concerned. Any other way and supporters are again having the pi** taken out of them yet again

I could have sent a personal email to David Hoggart instead of putting this on here, but if I am to get a reply, then ALL fans should be able to see it here and I know David comes on here.

WHAT GESTURE OF GOODWILL IS GOING TO BE PAST ON TO THOSE FANS FROM THE TEAMS THAT GOT KNOCKED OUT IN THE SEMI'S AND HAVE NO REASON TO GO TO THE FINAL WHEN STAGED ????? We paid our £20 also and also missed out on another 12 heats.

I would say at least 99% of those fans from Redcar,Edinburgh,Glasgow and Sheffield won't be going to the FINAL when it is staged, so do we lose out ? Surely it can't be one rule for one and another rule for others ?? Let's have some COMMON SENSE on this please!!

Would it hurt the BSPA to give us Redcar,Edinburgh,Glasgow and Sheffield fans £5 OFF admission at the PLRC at Sheffield, as long as we produce our admission ticket from the Fours? After all,this is also a Super 7's event. Or is it just a case of 2 fingers up to these sets of supporters?

DON'T TAKE US FANS FOR GRANTED AND LETS SEE SOME 'COMMON SENSE' PREVAIL HERE.

I have read many posting's and heard other fans moan in person about the admission charge of £20 for the Super 7's events, but why moan? It can cost fans £15/£16 to watch 15 Heats of League Speedway. So I personally think that an extra £4/£5 for another extra 13 races is a good price to charge. Just my opinion! We don't hear fans complaining when Promoters at times leave normal admission prices in place when their own track puts on an Individual meeting of 20 Heats and charges no extra!!!

The BSPA should have waited to see how the Leicester track settled and waited to see the outcome with Peterborough before naming the Venue. The venue did not have to be decided as early as it did. Naming the venue in May would have been OK. I'm still pi**ing myself laughing that Glasgow applied to hold this event!!!! It's not central enough and the racing there just gets worse! It also wouldn't go down too well with a lot of riders and it's a well run down stadium? where no event like this should be held. In an ideal world, only places like Peterborough, Sheffield, Somerset, King's Lynn, Coventry, Wolverhampton and Poole should be holding these type of meetings (all racers tracks with good facilities), but that's only my opinion.

I may be wrong here and know it's nothing to do with the Fours, but I'm sure there is a new policy in for normal league meetings this season, where it depends on what heat an abandment takes place, determines how much money you get off at the next home meeting? For every heat after heat 8 (up to a certain heat?), you get so much off admission for the next home meeting and as each heat passes after heat 8, you get less of a reduction the next meeting.I've read it somewhere this season, that this is now the policy?

Seems a bit trange that you rule out Glasgow based on it's geographical location to quote "it's not central enough" You then go on to give acceptable venues for such meeting and include POOLE and SOMERSET. Have you by any chance looked at a map? Can't take you post seriously i'm afraid if you think fans based in Newastle Berwick Edinburgh Workington Sheffield Redcar Glasgow etc would be better served geographically by an event in Poole rather than Glasgow

Wetshamboy I am glad you noticed that as we would be accused of being paranoid if we said anything!

I know it sticks in the craw a bit about missing out on the final round of meetings but the BSPA would probably argue thems the risks you take. Someone else has already pointed out about the curtailed GP. Its not something you can really legislate for even on a neutral track and no matter where the track is - there is always going tobe someone who has a fair bit of travel.

I suppose it would be a nice gesture if they were to offer fans who hold a ticket for the curtailed PL Fours a discounted entry to any remaining super 7 meetings but they are under no obligation to and it would still leave a lot of people feeling short changed

Given the number of posters who feel there is not enough money being put into bringing on future British riders plus the SRBF needing regular top ups to assist the ever increasing list of injured riders, isn't a better way of dealing for £5 from every adult admission at Leicester being split between these two worthy causes. Young and injured riders benefit and maybe some of the losses of our U19s travelling to their World Team Cup fixture could be covered from this as well as funding future training. The BSPA benefit as with less points money to pay out there should be more remaining in the coffers for them to invest in the future of the sport and wellbeing of the riders, without costing the current promoters extra money. And we fans have the biggest benefit in being able to feel good that we are not just moaning but physically being responsible for helping young and injured riders out in the manner regularly preached on the forum. Please take my £5 “refund”and split it between these two worthy causes. What about the rest of you?

If you go to tennis at Wimbledon (unless it's Centre Court)and only see half a days play nobody gets any money back, nor cheap admission to another day. It's also quite a bit more than £20. You pay your money and take your chance the weather will be OK

Edited by mickthemuppet