British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Scunthorpe/sheffield Vs Dudley

Having seen Adam Roynon over the last 2/3 weeks I hope he hasn't come back too soon, you have to trust the Riders judgement though but lets hope he doesn;t injure himself all over again!

'Scunfield' appeared much stronger with R/R and that certainly didn't help our cause but I think we all expected to get closer than this. Seems to be a collective lack of form/confidence and general good fortune throughout the Team of late, Fours win excepted.

Onward to Stoke and lets 'Ommer Um but I'm one worried Heathen at present.

'Scunfield' appeared much stronger with R/R and that certainly didn't help our cause

Take alook at Irvings average around scunny and you may need to re think that comment!!!!!

Well done Saints.....A good solid team performance, every rider playing his part....Whatevers happened to Dudley? I couldn't believe how poor this team was. I was almost willing them on a bit to give our lads a competative meeting....I never like to see any rider withdraw from a meeting, especially Adam Roynon whos only just back after injury. get well soon Adam. special mnention for Danny Stoneman " Well done lad, you put in a very good effort " Another 3 points for the Saints onwards and upwards!

I did say 'appeared to' and in all honesty it's not often that R/R gets anything like the current average of the replaced rider.

With the current form of Ashley Birks and the Worrall brothers this was one instance where the rule did what it was intended to do, but that's what Teams are for and well done to the 'Saints'

Pleased Danny Stoneman turned up, cos apart from him Dudley were woeful. Not a good advert for NL speedway. A most welcome three points for Scunny, easiest three points they'll get all season.

If we hadnt resigned Danny Scunfield could have got 70, or damn near to it. Beyond embarrassing and I await the club's meeting report with interest.

If we hadnt resigned Danny Scunfield could have got 70, or damn near to it. Beyond embarrassing and I await the club's meeting report with interest.

Ditto.

Spot on. :wink:

Well done young Master Stoneman, only opposition the Saints had all night. The rest were awful. :shock:

I had looked forward to this meeting all week and it was a major disappointment. I felt embarrassed for the Heathens fans who had made the trip, never nice to see your side ripped apart. :sad:

The Saints were all on the pace, apart from Smethills who looked understandably rusty. All the Dudley team just took ages to come to terms with a grippy track and were miles behind until the last 3 or 4 heats. Danny Stoneman was the honorable exception, but his efforts just showed up the shortcomings of his team mates.

Congratulations to the Saints who should make the play-offs where they will be hard to beat.

Well done to Scunny, and well done for OUR "Danny Boy" Stoneman.

I posted some weeks ago, whats gone wrong at "Dudley" some people thought i was off my rocker for posting that,and in some places i got lambasted for saying it, well call it sixth sense or whatever, but we got Ommered at Stoke, Ommered at BV, and now Ommered at Scunny, it not only a matter of getting beat, but in all those matches we basically lay down and died, not something i like to see or read about, I say again there is something NOT right this season, what it is i dont know, but it needs to be put right for next season, NOW is the time to start the planning for 2012, bcuz our season is as good as over, and all i will say is we NEED a proper No1 for 2012, make of that what you will, but our No1 on paper is not these days a No1, Adam did not start the season as our No1, and has again been beset by injuries. Can a Team win a League without having more than 2 guys who reguarly make the gate ? I think not, but its not me who signs the riders, nor makes up the team, but again when it was allegedly said that "The Heathens" could have Tracked a stronger seven, but chose not to do so, that can only be described as shooting oneself in the foot.

Thats only a brief summary of what i see or hear from the outside, some supporters may NOT like what i say, but i can only say it as i see it, and i take NO great pleasure in saying it now.

Well done to Scunny, and well done for OUR "Danny Boy" Stoneman.

I posted some weeks ago, whats gone wrong at "Dudley" some people thought i was off my rocker for posting that,and in some places i got lambasted for saying it, well call it sixth sense or whatever, but we got Ommered at Stoke, Ommered at BV, and now Ommered at Scunny, it not only a matter of getting beat, but in all those matches we basically lay down and died, not something i like to see or read about, I say again there is something NOT right this season, what it is i dont know, but it needs to be put right for next season, NOW is the time to start the planning for 2012, bcuz our season is as good as over, and all i will say is we NEED a proper No1 for 2012, make of that what you will, but our No1 on paper is not these days a No1, Adam did not start the season as our No1, and has again been beset by injuries. Can a Team win a League without having more than 2 guys who reguarly make the gate ? I think not, but its not me who signs the riders, nor makes up the team, but again when it was allegedly said that "The Heathens" could have Tracked a stronger seven, but chose not to do so, that can only be described as shooting oneself in the foot.

Thats only a brief summary of what i see or hear from the outside, some supporters may NOT like what i say, but i can only say it as i see it, and i take NO great pleasure in saying it now.

Can I just say that messages such as this do the club or anyone any favours, stop looking for problems within the club. If all was that bad we would not have won the Four team tournament despite people having written us off before the meeting had begun. As for the ommerin's, well we can discount the BV one for starters, because we ended up with only three fit riders.

I take no pleasure in reading comments like this when the person writing it, has seen very little Heathens meetings and can only comment on what others have seen. You may not like what I am saying but it is the truth and you seem to be trying to create issues when there are non.

We were beaten by a better side, like it or lump it, move on.

Some good races despite the scoreline and pre-meeting rain.

Saints all looked very impressive (although Smethills will take a few meetings to get dialled in) whereas Stoneman impressed me greatly for the visitors. He looked better as the meeting went on and fully deserved his race win. Without him, I daren't imagine what the scoreline would be like!

Best wishes to Adam Roynon (hope the rumours of his season being over are untrue) and Ricky Scarboro (shoulder injury?) for speedy recoveries.

Edited by MrMungo

We came we saw we were annialated,well done scunfield that was a superb performance from a team that look like champions to me,dudley that was very lack lustre again and only danny stoneman can come out of it with any credit.

Okay Simon we were beaten by a better team. I dont like saying it, but its true.

I read on updates it was embarrasing to watch, that from a Scunthorpe supporter

Yes Simon I will move on, everything is fine at Dudley. No-one at Dudley expected to win the League this season, and everyone is happy enough just to see The Heathens back on Track.

Okay Simon we were beaten by a better team. I dont like saying it, but its true.

I read on updates it was embarrasing to watch, that from a Scunthorpe supporter

Yes Simon I will move on, everything is fine at Dudley. No-one at Dudley expected to win the League this season, and everyone is happy enough just to see The Heathens back on Track.

No, Greyhound, you were right first time. Yes Simon, we're happy to see Heathens back on track but its no good deluding oneself that recent performances don't warrant criticism ! A top scorer yesterday who only takes 2 pts from the opposition, (check it out); a top scorer at our previous away match with just 4pts, all gifted. And it does certainly seem that Roynon has come back too soon and will be doing his own long-term injury recovery no good, nor that of the Heathens score sheet.

Action is now needed from mgt, - in the pits on the night, and on the phone to strength the team, though I feel that its too late now for the play-offs, never mind the title.

Dudley were shyte last night,take nothing away from the mighty saints tho for what can ony be described as a hammering!

Morris needs to learn some manners,not shaking Worralls hand in the track when offered,hate to see that,he looked like a rider that hasnt improved since he left

whats the problem with the Dudley fans everyone keeps going on a about???they were there in numbers last night but very quiet!!!!

Hope Roynon is ok long term but some has to be questionedwhy he was on track,for his saftey and others also

Rider of the night has to go to Danny Stoneman,great effort