Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
montie

Saints V I.o.w/belle Vue Colts

On paper should be 6 points in the bag this double header but I.O.W should be used to big tracks and the Colts have riders who have done alot of laps around Sheffield

No Steve Worrall for the "home" team due to Premier league duty,but the chance to blast themselves to the top of the NL should drive the mighty Saints on

The saints should have enough in the bag for these two fixtures but.......

Edited by montie

On paper should be 6 points in the bag this double header but I.O.W should be used to big tracks and the Colts have riders who have done alot of laps around Sheffield

No Steve Worrall for the "home" team due to Premier league duty,but the chance to blast themselves to the top of the NL should drive the mighty Saints on

The saints should have enough in the bag for these two fixtures but.......

Can see two good wins for Scunthorpe/Sheffield in these ones Montie. Shame that Stevie is unavailable, will R/R be in operation? The team has done really well when having to cover an absence. With both the Worralls/Birks/Irving doing well at PL level this year IMO, which is good to see :approve:

Think Belle Vue will present tougher opposition being on second and having a stronger side.

Im sure both will be entertaining fixtures, Sheffield's promotion have pegged admission prices for the double header, so hopefully they will get a good crowd!

Il go for

Scunthorpe/Sheffield 58 IOW 35

Scunthorpe/Sheffield 52 Belle Vue 42

Anyone know the confirmed teams for this? Is it just Worrall R/R for Sheffield? Is Cooper in? Who's at reserve for us? And does Garrity ride? It'll be my first trip to Owlerton :)

Edited by Islander15

Anyone know the confirmed teams for this? Is it just Worral R/R for Sheffield? Is Cooper in? Who's at reserve for us? And does Garrity ride? It'll be my first trip to Owlerton :)

I think,but not 100% that it will be RR for Steve

team will be Irving,Birks,Richie Worrall,Stefan Nilson,Wrathall and Smethels plu RR,everyone can take Steves rides i believe

Unsure about Garrity

It'll be my first trip to Owlerton :)

Just be careful if SKJ tries 'touching' you :wink:

Not sure R/R is a good idea for double header, possibly too may rides each, also need to get on with meeting due to curfew. Would also leave team vulnerable should any rider need to pull out for any reason.

Not sure R/R is a good idea for double header, possibly too may rides each, also need to get on with meeting due to curfew. Would also leave team vulnerable should any rider need to pull out for any reason.

Please make sure that Oliver Greenwood is at Number Eight !

If the programme from last week is anything to go by Stuart might just name himself at number 8 or Adam Kirby again like last friday.

If the programme from last week is anything to go by Stuart might just name himself at number 8 or Adam Kirby again like last friday.

Doh !

I forgot about the notes in last week's prog. Cover will be on hand, whichever way.

B)

I think it will be a real shame if the Scrowlers use r/r for Steve Worrall. The league should be about bringing on young riders and, whilst Scunthorpe have done more than most, the sport would be better served with a youngster at number 7 (and not an ageing team manager with all due respect).

The are likely to massacre the Islanders as they are and should beat Belle Vue pretty easily as well.

, the sport would be better served with a youngster at number 7

They have got a youngster at NO.7 ,Stefan Nielsen

Edited by montie

Weather check please! I'm in Nottingham atm & it's raining :( plus the met office has intermittent showers over Sheffield all night :(

They have got a yongster at NO.7 ,Stefan Nielsen

Well, another youngster then instead of rider replacement. That was my point.

Weather check - overcast at the moment in Sheffield. We have had no rain all day although there are some showers forecast for later. Don't hang about in Nottingham too long - Sheffield is a much nicer place.