British Speedway Forum
Igor

Viktor Trofimov

40 years ago, on 21 August 1971, Viktor Trofimov debuted at the Wembley in the race of the European final of the Individual World Championship.

Besides him, in London were other Soviet riders Vladimir Gordeev and Gennadiy Kurylenko, as well as another rider Rovno "RADUGA" - Grigoriy Khlynovskiy.

40 years ago, on 21 August 1971, Viktor Trofimov debuted at the Wembley in the race of the European final of the Individual World Championship.

Besides him, in London were other Soviet riders Vladimir Gordeev and Gennadiy Kurylenko, as well as another rider Rovno "RADUGA" - Grigoriy Khlynovskiy.

Thanx for posting this - Viktor was one of my all-time favourites. :approve: I still have the USSR badges he swapped with me after the 1976 WTC Final at White City!

As you say the man was a legend of Soviet Union Speedway :approve:

I remember watching Viktor Trofimov and Grigori Khlinovski in the World Final in 1972. I was most impressed by Khlinovski. :) :)

His son Vladimir came over with the Russian team we brought over in 1990...nice guy, I believe that he is still racing.

Nickolai Kornev was another "old timer" who made teh trip

His son Vladimir came over with the Russian team we brought over in 1990...nice guy, I believe that he is still racing.

Nickolai Kornev was another "old timer" who made teh trip

I would rather call this team is not Russian, because it includes five acted out of eight riders Rovno.

In particular, the son of Viktor Trofimov - Vladimir Trofimov, who started in all five meetings in England in April 1990, and has collected 41 points in them.

Also one of the leaders of the team was Grigoriy Khlynovskiy, before three consecutive wins from Rovno "Signal" (1985-1987), As a coach, the championships of the USSR.

Edited by Gorka

The first official meeting of Viktor Trofimov - April 30, 1960.

The final - at the age of 57 and a half years - 15 October 1995.

And in 1995 he played with current riders, veterans were not there. That race was won by the son of Viktor Trofimov - Vladimir Trofimov, who collected in 5 heats 15 points, and Viktor Trofimov has won three heats, once finished second, and if not for problems in one heat with an engine, the result would have been different. But the 11 points scored was a good result, which allowed him to take 4th place.

Yesterday was 45 years old when the Soviet team won its second medal in the World Team Cup.

September 11, 1966 in Wroclaw, Poland, Viktor Trofimov, Igor Plekhanov, Boris Samorodov, Farit Shaynurov and Yuriy Chekranov (reserve, did not start) scored 25 points, and were silver medalists.

Champions were Polish riders, team of Sweden - the third.

For Viktor Trofimov and Farit Shaynurov it was the first medal of the World Championships.

September 24, 2011 in Rovno out of print book about sports biography of Viktor Trofimov.

This is the third edition in the series "Anthology of Rovno speedway".

The name "The English "RADUGA" Viktor Trofimov".

Wish the great man a happy birthday from me!

i met him after the 1976 World Team Cup Final at White City and he gave me loads of Soviet Speedway badges. What a great guy!

And as you say, Viktor's not a Russian, he's a Ukranian!

• Like 1

i met him after the 1976 World Team Cup Final at White City and he gave me loads of Soviet Speedway badges. What a great guy!

Today was for Viktor Trofimov, congratulated him and told him about your meeting in 1976. He said that he remembers you!

• Like 1

A very good rider see him a few times for USSR touring teams did he put Michanek into 3rd place that knackered him at Wembley 75. That year I thought Mich and PC were in the top 5 favourites to win it Ole on a crap track won it.

• Like 1

tell me about it, i was there!. it seems like a lifetime ago. :blink:

A very good rider see him a few times for USSR touring teams did he put Michanek into 3rd place that knackered him at Wembley 75. That year I thought Mich and PC were in the top 5 favourites to win it Ole on a crap track won it.

i seem to remember the track was a bit dusty that night sidney!

Viktor Trofimov was born in Leningrad. He is Russian! He lives in Rovno, now thi is Ucraine.