British Speedway Forum
Igor

Viktor Trofimov

But Vladimir was born in Ukraine, yes?

His son Vladimir came over with the Russian team we brought over in 1990...nice guy, I believe that he is still racing.

Nickolai Kornev was another "old timer" who made teh trip

Was that the team that rode around Exeter and Poole back than? I remember Korneev, Starotsin and I thought it was Viktor Trofimov who rode at No 1 as he was experienced. Also had Viktor Gaidym and Igor Marko and a few others who were brought over by an American?

Can't remember a Vladimir Trofimov though having said that I may have the wrong year but it was close to than.

'Soviet Union' Team that rode at Exeter in 1990:

1 - Vladimir Trofimov 2 - Mikhail Starostin 3 - Igor Marko 4 - Daniel Kalodij (R/R) 5 - Viktor Gaidym 6 - Nikolai Kornev 7 - Sergei Tershak

'Soviet Union' Team that rode at Poole in 1990:

1 - Vladimir Trofimov 2 - Igor Marko 3 - Mikhail Starostin 4 - Nikolai Kornev 5 - Igor Zverev 6 - Grigori Harchenko 7 - Viktor Gaidym
  • Like 2

But Vladimir was born in Ukraine, yes?

Yes, Vladimir Trofimov was born on January 28, 1962 in Rovno (Ukraine).

17 hours ago, iris123 said:

Polish ?

Apparently...

On 8/21/2011 at 3:43 PM, The White Knight said:

I remember watching Viktor Trofimov and Grigori Khlinovski in the World Final in 1972. I was most impressed by Khlinovski. :):)

Didn't Dave Lanning refer to him as Victor "Knockimov" during his commentary at the same meeting?

6 hours ago, chunky said:

Apparently...

I wonder if there has been another speedway family that has represented so many different countries ? Or say each generation a different one ? Possibly Russia also ?

Viktor- USSR

Vladimir- Ukraine

Viktor jr- Poland

16 minutes ago, iris123 said:

I wonder if there has been another speedway family that has represented so many different countries ? Or say each generation a different one ? Possibly Russia also ?

Viktor- USSR

Vladimir- Ukraine

Viktor jr- Poland

Ronnie Moore represented Australia, New Zealand, Australasia and Great Britain. And that's just one generation. Does that count?

Edited by norbold

Just now, norbold said:

Ronnie Moore represented Australia, New Zealand, Australasia and Great Britain. And that's just one generation. Does that count?

Not really. It's all the same person, I think