Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I think I've got tickets?! Just got a confirmation email all in Polish that there has been a successful transaction. What a nonsense of a way to run the ticketing system though. Tickets are available, then they are not, then you don't get confirmation your payment has processed for a few hours. Then when that arrives, you can't make head nor tail of the email. Do IMG know how shoddy this is?

we are in we have tickets what a performance got to be a better way than this many thanks to the Clerk i will buy youa :drink: thanks mate

Great that you managed to find tickets. The hardest work I have ever done, trying to get them.

Managed to get our tickets but it has taken my mate and me all day and have recieved an email to say that the money has been taken. Only problem now is we cant print em out.

Great that you managed to find tickets. The hardest work I have ever done, trying to get them.

thanks mate maybe see you in Torun. Very hard work getting them was two of us on and off all day trying to get them there has to be a better way than what Torun offer at one point today we had a flight a hotel booked and didnt think we would see the GP but all sorted now thats all my GP tickets bought for 2011 . See you in Torun

I think I've got tickets?! Just got a confirmation email all in Polish that there has been a successful transaction. What a nonsense of a way to run the ticketing system though. Tickets are available, then they are not, then you don't get confirmation your payment has processed for a few hours. Then when that arrives, you can't make head nor tail of the email. Do IMG know how shoddy this is?

Unfortunate if there were problems with the booking website, but I guess that after the fast sale of tickets last year there was a massive load on the servers this year leading to problems...Yes this maybe could have been predicted, but it's always difficult to predict server load for something like this and having masses of spare capacity to cover all eventualities can be very expensive.

As for the confirmation mail...I wonder how many languages the Cardiff ticket confirmations get sent out in?

I honestly don't know if the Cardiff confirmations go out in more than one language. What I do know is that my confirmation email regarding Torun doesn't have any indication it is for a speedway grand prix. There is no SGP logo, no Torun logo, no obvious reference number, not even the word "speedway" within it. All I know is that I visited the right site, tried to buy tickets and then a little while later received an email with "confirmation" in the title that was written in polish and not the language I elected to use on the system. So, I think I have tickets, but am still not 100% sure. What it needs is for IMG to have one ticket system across the whole series or if they can't do that, employ an agency that can.

I still cant get on the site this morning to check if my booking has been confirmed. Poor state of affairs.

Booked mine about 1.30 am on Sunday night, no problem at all (except the website working really slow).

Then I got two e-mails...

...one right after booking:

W imieniu sklepu internetowego www.unibax.kupbilety.pl informujemy, że Twoja transakcja oczekuje na autoryzację.

Czas na autoryzację wynosi 24 godziny.

www.unibax.kupbilety.pl internet store inform you that your transaction is waiting for the correct authorization. The time of authorization can takes few hours.

...and then another on Monday morning:

W imieniu sklepu internetowego www.unibax.kupbilety.pl informujemy, że otrzymaliśmy należność za zamówienie: 222815. Teraz musisz wydrukować swój bilet/voucher (w zależności od imprezy jaką wybrałeś) z zakładki Twoje Bilety

www.unibax.kupbilety.pl internet store inform you that we received the payment for your order: 222815. You have to print your ticket/voucher (depends on event you chose) from Your Tickets!

The only inconvenience is the website working very slow.

PS. Paid by a Visa credit card.

Edited by Mateusz

Booked mine about 1.30 am on Sunday night, no problem at all (except the website working really slow).

Then I got two e-mails...

...one right after booking:

...and then another on Monday morning:

The only inconvenience is the website working very slow.

PS. Paid by a Visa credit card.

Exactly what mine says. Hope to meet you there Mateusz.

I honestly don't know if the Cardiff confirmations go out in more than one language. What I do know is that my confirmation email regarding Torun doesn't have any indication it is for a speedway grand prix. There is no SGP logo, no Torun logo, no obvious reference number, not even the word "speedway" within it. All I know is that I visited the right site, tried to buy tickets and then a little while later received an email with "confirmation" in the title that was written in polish and not the language I elected to use on the system. So, I think I have tickets, but am still not 100% sure. What it needs is for IMG to have one ticket system across the whole series or if they can't do that, employ an agency that can.

Copy and paste the email into google translator.

13 thousand tickets already sold, about 3 thousand left. :)

Copy and paste the email into google translator.

It shouldn't come to that, but out of interest, I have and here's what comes up..minus my personal email, which I have deleted...

State honorable, address of e-mail has been served at transaction performed in internet window credit card called unibax.kupbilety.pl. We ask click to following link, but confirmation of effecting of disbursement same and e-mail address in situation https://www.platnosci.pl:443/paygw/revr/MTQyMDczNTM5OjBhODEzZTgzZGFhNjU4ZDc5MjE3MTc3YTA0NjVlODBhOmVu.do, when it will not be confirmed transaction through click to above-mentioned link, it belongs to copy him (it), insert in address of browser and drive in ' ENTER '. E-mail in case of (accidentally of) lack of confirmation of address within next 24 hours, transaction can become (stay) rejected. If they did not perform state of transaction in served store credit card or service, by system serve Platnosci.pl, we ask urgent contact with our consultants phone 61 + 48 ( ) 630 60 05. E-mail it has been generated above-mentioned information automatically fraud@platnosci.pl. On her (it) ask not answer. Addresses, it can send interrogations (queries) on which (who) state pomoc@platnosci.pl, platnosci@platnosci.pl pay assistance - general tech@platnosci.pl - engineering problem. We salute, group tel Platnosci.pl 61 + 48 ( ) 630 60 05 fax 61 + 48 ( ) 860 27 22 Web s.a. http://www.platnosci.pl PayU, street 90 Marcelińska, 60-324 knowledge (poznan) 779-23-08-495 NIP, 300523444 REGON, court of (trial of) regional knowledge (poznan) - new city and in knowledge (poznan) Wilda, department VIII economic national (local) judicial register, 0000274399 KRS, stock of capital it pay in (to) integrity 4.000.000 zloty < golden >

Clear as day eh? I recieved this email in Polish after commiting £300+ on-line. Since then, I have had only slightly-clearer ones which re-assures me a little (similar emails to Mateusz).

I'm really looking forward to Torun and am sure me and my fellow fans will have a cracking time. But this really is no way to run a ticketing system for an international event. If speedway wants its major events to be taken seriously, it has to sort out its procedures. IMG need to take responsibility for this.

Flying into Poznan on Friday 26th. Going to get the Train into Torun. Is there a bus or train to the stadium or is it a taxi?

Who is up for meeting for a beer or 6?

I think that there is a bus from Lawica airport, but we got a taxi to the centre last time we went. Think it was around 50PLN but can't quite remember. Anyhow here is an email I have translated for anyone going about the general details of the GP

FAN INFORMATION

2011 ENEA FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX TORUN OF POLAND

2011 ENEA FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX TORUN OF POLAND This is the second in the history of Torun competition for the title of best in the world żużlowca. Last year's event has been recognized as one of the best ever complete the cycle and attracted over 17,000 spectators. Otherwise it will not this season, as has been already sold all tickets for the eighth round of this year's Grand Prix. Especially for all fans who come to MotoArenę, information prepared Fan przybliżający all important information about the eighth round of this year's Grand Prix.

1st STADIUM MAP

2nd And INVITATIONS TICKETS

A. All fans who purchased tickets for the 2011 FIM SPEEDWAY ENEA TORUN GRAND PRIX OF POLAND www.unibax.kupbilety.pl a website to announce that tickets printed online, having a bar code is also a ticket to enter the contest.

B. All invited guests should replace the call to a ticket in specially marked tent Press Office / Super VIP Hospitality Tent, which will be located before the entrance to Parking And just before the main grandstand (see venue map below). Invitations for holders and voucher Super VIP organizers also prepared a gift bag.

Press Office will be open on Thursday 25 August, 12.00 - 18.00, Friday 26 August between 10.00 - 18.00 and on Saturday 27 August from 10.00 - 18.30.

3rd SCHEDULE

Occupations Program at a price 15 zł will be on sale on Friday 26 August between 10.00 - 18.00 in the three outlets in the Blue Zone and three points in the Green Zone and on Saturday 27 August from 10.00 - 19.00. Then will be opened 14 offices (8 cash - blue zone, 4 cash - Green space and 2 cash registers - the yellow zone) and two additional outlets on the stadium, which will be able to purchase the official program of the event.

4th DIRECTIONS TO THE STADIUM

A. The Main Railway Station

- From a subway station and continue straight up to the bus stop (Street Kujawska) - bus line No. 22, 25 or 27 two stops (2 minutes, stop the target: first stop after the bridge - Square Rapacki)

- Tram No. 1 (not 1R) from the bus stop Rapacki Square located across the street towards Merinotex until loop (9 stops, 12 minutes) - with a loop walk to the left (westward), then the first street right (street highway Bydgoska / Per Jonsson) directly to MotoAreny (about 5 minutes. road);

B. Bus Station

- From the station to the tram stop is located across the street - tram stop No. 2 in the direction of the University Merinotex until loop (8 stops, 11 minutes);

- Loop walk to the left (westward), then the first right (street highway Bydgoska / Per Jonsson) directly to MotoAreny (approx. 5 minutes);

NOTE:

On passage of Communication, Urban occupations in Torun, in the direction of MotoAreny will be free of hours. 15.00 for all ticket holders on the Grand Prix in Torun. MZK Toruń launch additional connections MotoAreny tram in the direction from 16:00.

5th TRAINING - FRIDAY 26.08.2011, at. 15.00

Official training for the 2011 FIM SPEEDWAY ENEA TORUN GRAND PRIX OF POLAND will be held on Friday 26 August. 15.00. Entry to training only on presentation of the competition in price 15 zł. Entrance to the stadium will take place only through Gate 4 on the Yellow Zone.

6th ENTRY TO COMPETITION

On Saturday, August 27 stadium for spectators will be opened in the chair. 16.00.

- Persons holding tickets for the main tribune (Red Zone) can only enter the stadium through Main Entrance

- Those with tickets can enter the Blue Zone at the stadium only through the Gate 1 or Gate 2

- Persons holding tickets for the Green Stefa may enter the stadium through Gate 3 only

- Persons holding tickets for the Yellow Zone may only enter the stadium through Gate 4

NOTE:

Due to road works in Torun, the organizers are calling on supporters going to the competition from the Poznan to choose the journey to Torun Bydgoszcz, thus avoiding passing through the road bridge in Toruń and obstruction of traffic in the area.

Organizers are calling on all supporters not to wait in the entrance to the stadium until the last minute. Reels, by which each of the fans has to go to the appropriate bandwidth and are not able to accept more than 15 thousand fans in a few minutes. Organizers also point out that competition in 2011 ENEA FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX OF POLAND must start at 19.00 and it is not possible to delay.

Organizers remind and warn against buying tickets on the secondary market - from street vendors (known as "horses"). To enter the stadium must be applied to the ticket bar code scanner, which opens the turnstile. It is likely that the bar code

you bought the ticket from the "horse", was already by him (or other purchaser of the ticket) used. Therefore, your bar you can not open the gate. In this case, you must go to POK (Service Point Fan, located at the entrance to the main tribune) and check the status of the ticket. All the entrances to the stadium are monitored.

After entering the stadium will not be able to move between zones, and also to go beyond the gates of the object. Moreover, after entering the stadium outright ban on entry applies to the belt and to the paddock.

People who bought standing room, are obliged to take seats at the stadium for the crown of the rails with the inscription "Standing." Protection of the competition will detail all the fans to check tickets, falling on each sector. People do not have tickets for seating will be directed to areas of standing.

7th PARKING

Organizers of the Grand Prix round Torun prepared the following parking places:

- Parking A: before the main grandstand MotoAreny - parking for the organizers (with the ever-present organizational reasons for fans)

- Parking lot B on the east side MotoAreny - VIP parking (for organizational reasons, not available for spectators)

- Parking C in the west MotoAreny (about 1,000 seats), payable

- Parking lot D: on the north side MotoAreny (bus)

- Parking on the Rally Crossie, No. 1 and 2 (approximately 4,000), payable

- Parking at NCU, 3 and 4 (approximately 1,000 seats), free

- Parking on Highway Bydgoszcz, No. 5, 6 and 7 (approx. 400 seats), free

All parking lots located in the immediate vicinity of the stadium are marked on the map

8th TOWN FAN

The day of competition in the chair. 12.00 in car park C at the Torun MotoArenie Town Supporters will open where everyone can find for themselves a whole lot of things. Radio ESKA prepared for all visitors to Town Supporters' X-treme Day ", which is a lot of animation, contests and games for fans. Among the attractions will also include finale of the "Girl of Summer 2011" autographs session four speedway, participating in Torun round Grand Prix, as well as a two-part concert in Manchester, which occurs before the contest and just after the sport struggles.

Among the booths at Fan Miasteczko will include: a living museum of baking gingerbread, Cultural Center of the Teutonic Castle, the Polish Post, Podravka, as well as many others as well as beer gardens and barbecues.

In addition, Miasteczko Supporters will be a large video wall, on which fans will be able to "live" view contest 2011 ENEA FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX TORUN OF POLAND.

TOWN FAN:

hours. 12.00 - opening of the towns for Fans at MotoArenie of attractions and competitions on the stage of Radio ESKA

hours. 17.00 - autograph signing session with the participation of four Grand Prix riders

hours. 17.30 - concert in Manchester part of the team. I

hours. 19.00 - ENEA FIM competition 2011 TORUN SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX OF POLAND, "live" on telebeam

at approx. 22.30 - [after the competition and show of fireworks] Manchester part concert. II

On the occasion of the 2011 FIM ENEA TORUN SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX OF POLAND Polish Post has produced a commemorative postcards and stamps, which will be available at the stand of the Polish Post in Miasteczko Fan.

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone went to Torun last year? If so can you suggest anyhere to drink? Me & my brothers are going over Friday & staying in Torun until Sunday.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

:cheers: