Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

One night last week in the local Evening Star paper Chris Louis was reported as saying that riders had contacted the club about a team place for 2012. As we are now in September & the start of the silly season i thought i'd start this thread for a bit of fun & see who you guys would like at Foxhall in 2012.

One night last week in the local Evening Star paper Chris Louis was reported as saying that riders had contacted the club about a team place for 2012. As we are now in September & the start of the silly season i thought i'd start this thread for a bit of fun & see who you guys would like at Foxhall in 2012.

1. King

2. Poole

3. Tress

4. Risager

5. Bjerre

6. Hart

7. Heeps

Well this is early to be talking about riders for next season but as I see it some are definite starters and these are - Kevin Doolan, Morten Risager, Taylor Poole and Cameron Heeps (and perhaps Lewis Blackbird and Chris Schramm). So that leaves only 1, 2 or 3 possible new signings. It would be interesting to know exactly how many points will be available if only the 4 I first mentioned were signed but not knowing the points limit for 2012 thats impossible.

In my humble opinion the Witches need a genuine no1 who can actually win heats 13 and 15 on a regular basis, thats been sadly lacking this season and has cost us dear on numerous occasions with league points lost. There has been no consistency whatsoever with the 8 riders used this season apart from Lasse Bjerre and Taylor Poole and to a lesser degree Tress, who really have not let the Witches down at all. But the 100$ question is who can be signed and perform to their potential on a regular basis???

Aljack stick Hart on the end of the 6 you mention and you have the league title challeging side. Can see Harto coming good next season, and making 2nd heat leader status.

1. King

2. Poole

3. Tress

4. Risager

5. Bjerre

6. Hart

7. Heeps

I can't see Lasse riding PL next season. To much International commitments and wants full time EL in 2012

I been watching alot of Witches meeting on the updates this year and i would like to see

1.Doolan

2.Poole

3.Risager

4.Schramm

5.McGowan if average fitted :)

6.Blackbird

7.Heeps

No Lasse because he will move up full time EL

King

Risager

Poole

Schramm

Doolan

Blackbird

Heeps

bit early like!!!!!

What happens if they drop the points limit,wasnt it agreed that they would stick with 42.5 for 3 years and now that up,41 ish would cock your plans up

Would be a season to early for blackbird for me. I would look at a rider that has a poor season this year like sedgman. A big hitter like robbo. Travis is on a low average aswell. I also liked the look of that young French lad plus tress is a must.

1. Doolan

2. Topinka

3. Schramm

4. Poole

5 McGowan

6 Heeps

7. Blackbird

No way Topinka! Also, the Witches missed McGowan by at least 5 seasons, and he's not the solution now. Schramm is a great bloke, but there's no improvement in him, so can only be regarded as a solid middle-order rider.

Heeps and Blackbird should be worth more than their starting average, as should Poole. Mcgowan, Doolan and Topinka are all worth more than their average for 2012. Plus you get that extra expereince with these guys to help the younger ones along. Schramm would do a job as 3rd heat leader/2nd string. To me there is at least 6/7 points inprovement in that team.

Would be a season to early for blackbird for me. I would look at a rider that has a poor season this year like sedgman. A big hitter like robbo. Travis is on a low average aswell. I also liked the look of that young French lad plus tress is a must.

Certainly agree there Baldyman, Lewis has made fantastic strides this season to date. It is hard to imagine he had only ridden a handful of meetings prior to the start of the 2011 season. One more season in the NL with maybe a few PL opportunities later in the season would seem the way to go.

Cameron Heeps looks a certainty but it wouldn't hurt him either to remain in the NL with Mildenhall and double up at Ipswich in 2012 in my opinion. After all he has only ridden a handful of meetings in England and it would help him i'm sure to get as much track time as possible!(Thinly veiled attempt to hide the fact that we would desperately want him back as our No1 in 2012 :wink: )

I can't see Lasse riding PL next season. To much International commitments and wants full time EL in 2012

Can't see him bothering with PL next year either........just a bit of wishful thinking!