British Speedway Forum

There was a hint that he's been disappointed with a couple of riders this year and although no names were mentioned, i've a feeling that those expecting Doolan and Risager to return as they've become assets, maybe surprised. Time will tell and by the sounds of things we won't have to wait too long after the AGM to find out.

How strange that 2 people can hear the same broadcast but have different views :neutral: . Do you know it didn't enter my head that he was referring to Kev and Morten!!!

Ipswich Ideal team for next season would be

Jarek Hampel

Hans Andersen

Danny King

Taylor Poole

Lasse Bjerre

Sam Masters

Cameron Heeps

Lets get back in a proper league with local derbies against Kings Lynn,Peterborough and Arena Essex. It is difficult to name the three local derbies in the Premier league. Plus TV money and under half the travelling costs. Then heat leaders like Nikki Pedersen,Emil Sayfudtinov compared to Leigh Lanham and Joe Screen. Perhaps a lot of those that have disappeared from the terraces would come back again. How many will attend a early bank holiday match against Kings Lynn compared to Rye House. At least three times as many for KL compared to RH

Great post Muppet.......keep taking the tablets!!!!!

For the first year in I don't know how long Ipswich Speedway have made, rather than lost money. So I really can't see the attraction of moving back to a league were you are guaranteed to lose money. Indeed what a triumph the NsEL has been this year....legal wrangles, suspended Poles, non-appearing Russians, cheating silencer con artists.....et all!!!!!

I am reliably informed that more people have been through the turnstiles at Foxhall than did so for the whole of 2010. So I don't know about those that have disappeared, maybe the odd (very odd) NsEL or nothing freak, but more than made up by those who have returned.

Still, if some of the rumours are to be believed you may well get your wish of a Witches / Deadbeets derby next season!!!

Edited by Mr Snackette

Another interesting interview with Chris Louis tonight on radio suffolk. When asked when planning starts for 2012, Louis replied "3 or 4 months ago".

They've been thinking about the team for next year long and hard for several months and have plenty of irons in the fire and already names down on the team sheet. They're far more advanced for team building at this time of the year than they've ever been before.

Time will tell and by the sounds of things we won't have to wait too long after the AGM to find out.

Wouldn't make it common knowledge about team plans though....look what happened to Coventry and Peterborough when their plans were known before last years AGM,...... :shock:

Keep quiet, get a decent points limit and then name the side a week later! :cheers:

As for a Kings Lynn derby, think majority of fans would say yes please :party:

Edited by 2ndbendbeerhut

It's very interesting how the Witches moving down and the Stars moving up seems to have benefitted both clubs. General consensus is that crowds are up and the racing better. Hope this continues in 2012 :cheers:

How strange that 2 people can hear the same broadcast but have different views :neutral: . Do you know it didn't enter my head that he was referring to Kev and Morten!!!

It did mine Badge when after Fozz mentioned that he knew Chris was disappointed in riders Chris said that the riders were inconsistent and he thought we "had the experience at the top end to pull us through that". My mind immediately sprung to Doolan and Risager but of course i could be totally wrong.

He's also mentioned his disappointment with Risager on the same programme a few weeks back when whilst admitting the bad injury didn't help, he was taking far longer to get over it than they thought and also that when they signed him over the winter, they thought his Elite League experience all these years would see him sharper out of the gate in this League and clear of trouble but again finished with, "sadly thats not been the case".

I'm not convinced he'll be back asset or no asset.

Edited by CardinalSin

I expect two on the radar are Kozza Smith & Ritchie Hawkins ??

Ritchie seems to have had a really poor year by his standards although he seems to have picked up in recent weeks. He'll be on a bargain average though for next year and these are the guys you want in your team.

Kozza on the other hand has had a great year, but will now be on an expensive average that he may struggle to increase next year so not very attractive.

Perverse the way speedway works!

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ritchie as a Witch TBH, would love Kozza but as CS has said, he's had a brilliant season so may have done himself out of a spot (well with us :unsure: ) suppose it really depends on what the team building average will be in 2012.

Still seems really strange having Aussies,Danes and Brits instead of Poles :P

One thing I would like for all teams in 2012 is less injuries, so many poor lads have suffered this year, right across the leagues. :(

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Ritchie as a Witch TBH, would love Kozza but as CS has said, he's had a brilliant season so may have done himself out of a spot (well with us :unsure: ) suppose it really depends on what the team building average will be in 2012.

Still seems really strange having Aussies,Danes and Brits instead of Poles :P

One thing I would like for all teams in 2012 is less injuries, so many poor lads have suffered this year, right across the leagues. :(

We say this every season though Badge . Too many wee tight tracks nowadays and the bikes are too powerful for them .

Why is this thread still going? Others were shut down only a couple of days ago :rolleyes:

Why is this thread still going? Others were shut down only a couple of days ago :rolleyes:

because all true Ipswich fans (and no, I do NOT include Aljack in that) are 'well respected' on the forum and don't go about seeking petty fights/arguments with other members :):t:

and unlike fans of most other clubs, we tend not to bleat about crap or stuff that isn't true because we are well informed through FACTS :wink::P

Edited by chris26

Or maybe its because the mods have a life outside this forum!

And do you really think ALL Witches fans are well respected? :rolleyes::wink:

Or maybe its because the mods have a life outside this forum!

And do you really think ALL Witches fans are well respected? :rolleyes::wink:

that too. :P

well, on reflection, my original statement revised :lol:

that too. :P

well, on reflection, my original statement revised :lol:

Liking the revision! (It's alright, he'll still have me on ignore as I correct his blatant lies too often for his taste! :P )

As for next year, I think we can take it that staying PL is a given Mick - at the moment any team deciding to venture into the EL would be mad to even consider it - it needs to get itself onto some sort of even keel and get rid of the infighting before it is even worth considering. In any event, for us? I think PL is the right place to be.