British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Swedish Elite League Play-offs And Play-outs

I see that Thomas H. Jonasson is going well for Vetlanda. 2 wins out of 2. Shame we won't see him for Smederna tomorrow.

its raining at the tv track.

evening all

is there a stream available for this please?

ta

pm.

Whilst i'm happy to pay the subscription fee for a high quality tv picture, i think i'd now prefer a Polish internet feed even though i don't understand a word of the language, reason being the Premier Sports commentator has really fallen out of favour with me now.

He seemed to have eased up recently on his inane use of the word 'split' to describe a heat result. What's wrong with it's a '5-1' '4-2' etc., or even a '5-1 heat win' Do you ever hear split used in such a way for sports? Did you hear the other week commentators and reporters saying Manchester United SPLIT Arsenal 8-2?. Or during this weekend's match it's 'Manchester United with a 3-0 SPLIT over Bolton' and 'Rooney makes it a 5-0 Split to Manchester United'. Do tennis players split a set 6-4? I think he comes from a Rugby background but i've never heard anyone on tv say 'It's a 18-12 split to Bath over Munster'.

But what's really irking me now is......referring to the riders being in SLOT 3 or SLOT 2.....for flipping heck's sake! Why does he seem determined to make himself unpopular by entering a sport and ignoring the set terminology that has existed for decades and decide to apply his own???

Oh yeah, please God, as i don't want to put an axe through my telly, don't let him refer to a 'speedway DRIVER' again. Riders ride bikes and drivers drive cars.

grrrRRRR LOL.

Edited by manchesterpaul

Did the commentator say that Neils K Iversen was 21 yrs old ?

YES he did. I googled him and, of course it's 31! :lol:

Just got in and tried to get a stream in all my usual places but no joy, can someone please send me a link? Thanks

Just got in and tried to get a stream in all my usual places but no joy, can someone please send me a link? Thanks

you've got PM.

anyway watching the interval entertainment on Canal+, Some nice classic pictures and good to see that many legends at the same place at the same time. :D

you've got PM.

anyway watching the interval entertainment on Canal+, Some nice classic pictures and good to see that many legends at the same place at the same time. :D

Thank you :)

good to see that he escaped unharmed.

ref freezes the heat and its 5-1 to Indianerna.

Whilst i'm happy to pay the subscription fee for a high quality tv picture, i think i'd now prefer a Polish internet feed even though i don't understand a word of the language, reason being the Premier Sports commentator has really fallen out of favour with me now.

He seemed to have eased up recently on his inane use of the word 'split' to describe a heat result. What's wrong with it's a '5-1' '4-2' etc., or even a '5-1 heat win' Do you ever hear split used in such a way for sports? Did you hear the other week commentators and reporters saying Manchester United SPLIT Arsenal 8-2?. Or during this weekend's match it's 'Manchester United with a 3-0 SPLIT over Bolton' and 'Rooney makes it a 5-0 Split to Manchester United'. Do tennis players split a set 6-4? I think he comes from a Rugby background but i've never heard anyone on tv say 'It's a 18-12 split to Bath over Munster'.

But what's really irking me now is......referring to the riders being in SLOT 3 or SLOT 2.....for flipping heck's sake! Why does he seem determined to make himself unpopular by entering a sport and ignoring the set terminology that has existed for decades and decide to apply his own???

Oh yeah, please God, as i don't want to put an axe through my telly, don't let him refer to a 'speedway DRIVER' again. Riders ride bikes and drivers drive cars.

grrrRRRR LOL.

:rofl::rofl: Alan