British Speedway Forum

First point so be gentle

I think the GP's this yr have been pretty dam good on the whole - Im the half full glass brigade which is hard having been a follower of Preston North End for 40 yrs ( but thats another story ) , loved this sport for yrs and like a few Im sure I lost my love as I got married , young family etc etc but with the introduction of Sky etc I have started going back to GP's , Belle Vue meets and think this is a truly breath taking minority sport in the UK that although at times appears from my view to be run with mob rule in some respects provides a real sense of excitement for me , its the best sport in the UK in my opinion for value for money , committment , dam good banter when I attend ....

Anyway Im going off on a tangent , thought last nights GP's was excellant and delighted that Hancock ( superb ambassador for the sport IMO ) appears to have one hand on the title , he may not be the most exciting speedeay rider on the planet and every heat with a Ward, Syfudinov , Pedersen , Gollob etc would provide thrills per minute this sport is enjoyable due to different styles of riders something which I hope continues for a long time to come

Chris

This smug with a little willy watched the gp on the red button on virgin.

Well doneicon_rofl.gif

icon_neutral.gif

Well done to Greg, but thought this was the most boring GP Ive seen for a while, hope the next one is better.

Edited by P T Preece

I'm astonished that people are referring to Greg Hancock as the most boring World Champion. He's been involved in some absolutely belting races this season and the most stand out one has to be Heat 12 in Torun. He's not shirked from his duties and has been well in the mix of races when called upon.

Boring Greg Hancock certainly isn't

TRUE ... I'm going for a lay down

SO - what have you got against Uprights? :unsure:

BEEN waiting for that ... you get the biscuit!

They told me I was Crackers!

I'm astonished that people are referring to Greg Hancock as the most boring World Champion. He's been involved in some absolutely belting races this season and the most stand out one has to be Heat 12 in Torun. He's not shirked from his duties and has been well in the mix of races when called upon.

IMO he's perceived in the same way as Kenneth Bjerre, although of course in a different class at GP level. They are both riders who win the majority of their races from the gate and are therefore seen by many as less exciting. However you know as well as I do that both riders can overtake if the need arises although like any rider they can't do it every time.

For me they are more likely to force their way under an opponent in a methodical fashion rather than blasting round the boards while hanging off the bike which may also make people think they are 'boring' compared to Holder, Ward or Bomber for example.

Edited by Bagpuss

what about the final in cardiff of gate 4 when pedersen forced holder wide forcing hancock wide almost in the fence he held it wide open, possibly one of the best first corners ever from Hancock

Dangerous from Pedersen though

what about the final in cardiff of gate 4 when pedersen forced holder wide forcing hancock wide almost in the fence he held it wide open, possibly one of the best first corners ever from Hancock

Dangerous from Pedersen though

Pedersen has one style of riding - dangerous default. :wink:

Quite an enjoyable GP with several decent races, but as with most rounds this year it left me frustrated as it could have been better with more dirt down.

I'm not a Greg Hancock fan particularly but he's been consistently the best rider throughout this year so fair play to him.

BEST by a long way!!! :approve: :approve:

.............as is evidenced by a THIRTY ONE Point lead in the Series. :approve: :approve:

I cannot understand why anyone should call Greg Hancock boring - could it be because he comes over as a perfect Gentleman, as opposed to some of our Antipodean friends who think it is clever to swear on the Television. :angry: