Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Mate, some folks' glasses are always half empty - if you had a dozen overtakes per heat they'd complain about too much passing.

in the final was a four lap duel - it doesn't get much better than that. :approve:

That was a cracking race and for only 3rd place. They were knocking ten shades sh!t out of each other.

Nikki v Emil earlier was edge of the seat stuff as well.

But these things never happened............

I knew I was stoned this morning, but not THAT stoned! :t::P

That was a cracking race and for only 3rd place. They were knocking ten shades sh!t out of each other.

see holder normal moaning aussie like crump and adams type, he rides hard but does not like it back.

thought racing good and meeting good apart from rising mix up with his felt tip and cloured boards at end :rofl::P i can see how all that high tec stuff can go wrong :D

Virgin on the red button worked for me ..

and Greg Hancock @ 8/1 on SkyBet also worked for me :cheers:

Hancock was 10/1 with William Hills! I could'nt believe it :party:

Good nights racing and well done to Greg, who has one hand on the trophy now.

nicki vs emil was esp edge of the seat stuff for us coventry fans hoping he didn't fall off and that he made it through in one piece this time lol. x

see holder normal moaning aussie like crump and adams type, he rides hard but does not like it back.

I find the comment about leigh dishing it out quite laughable, if he had "dished it out" more in his career he would have been WC a few times with the ruthlessness of a Crump.

thought racing good and meeting good apart from rising mix up with his felt tip and cloured boards at end :rofl::P i can see how all that high tec stuff can go wrong :D

I REALISE that you have great animosity towards me, which is no problem, but how you can reach the conclusion that I was in any way responsible for the mix up over the draw order is stretching it.

We (Tony Olsson and i) have to wait until the referee has confirmed the draw order before notifying the riders and going ahead with the draw. It was, in fact, Jury President Tony Steele who realised only seconds before the riders went out for the first semi that an error had been made.

The referee had, in fact, miscalculated, thinking that Holder had beaten two of the other riders (Laguta and Sayfutdinov) who had identical heat records. They had in fact one win each which meant that their season long riding numbers would determine their order in the draw.

Fortunately both Laguta and Sayfutdinov (who didn't actually have a pick) were in white. Had either been in a different colour the whole draw would have had to be done again. We actually got out of jail but it was embarrassing and the result of human error but, sadly for you, not mine.

Had the semis proceeded after an erroneous draw process riders would have been at liberty to contest the final result with the FIM.

I hear Hampel has put a bounty out on Greg in Poland & Sweden ... first rider to nobble him get it .. & he might even throw in a Mars Bar & a Yorkie :wink:

I REALISE that you have great animosity towards me, which is no problem, but how you can reach the conclusion that I was in any way responsible for the mix up over the draw order is stretching it.

We (Tony Olsson and i) have to wait until the referee has confirmed the draw order before notifying the riders and going ahead with the draw. It was, in fact, Jury President Tony Steele who realised only seconds before the riders went out for the first semi that an error had been made.

The referee had, in fact, miscalculated, thinking that Holder had beaten two of the other riders (Laguta and Sayfutdinov) who had identical heat records. They had in fact one win each which meant that their season long riding numbers would determine their order in the draw.

Fortunately both Laguta and Sayfutdinov (who didn't actually have a pick) were in white. Had either been in a different colour the whole draw would have had to be done again. We actually got out of jail but it was embarrassing and the result of human error but, sadly for you, not mine.

Had the semis proceeded after an erroneous draw process riders would have been at liberty to contest the final result with the FIM.

i have no animosity towards you and quite like some of your views on english speedway. thats not to say i agree with all your views.

the comment i made was taking the -iss out of the bsi system in place. bring it into the modern day with maybe a lcd screen, four girls with a board and riders hanging round :) give me a break. been the same to many years now.

sgp was getting boring but 2010 was good but 2011 not as good as last year. needs new ideas on many front.

Surely both Laguta and Sayfutdinov took the gate that was left (no pick) so could have simply swopped anyway without a re-ballot regardless of what gate position they had?

Surely both Laguta and Sayfutdinov took the gate that was left (no pick) so could have simply swopped anyway without a re-ballot regardless of what gate position they had?

UNLESS, of course, the rider who had third choice in the first semi says that he took the gate he did because he also wanted the remaining rider inside or outside him... it does happen.

UNLESS, of course, the rider who had third choice in the first semi says that he took the gate he did because he also wanted the remaining rider inside or outside him... it does happen.

In that case though it should (could) have been re-balloted regardless, the fact they were both in white is irrelevant.

Quite an enjoyable GP with several decent races, but as with most rounds this year it left me frustrated as it could have been better with more dirt down.

I'm not a Greg Hancock fan particularly but he's been consistently the best rider throughout this year so fair play to him.

In that case though it should (could) have been re-balloted regardless, the fact they were both in white is irrelevant.

TRUE ... I'm going for a lay down

Think I must have been watching the wrong GP... Because in the first 20 heats I thought it was a fairly processional GP.