British Speedway Forum

if the NZ authorities have chosen jason then thats up to them.. just because they don't want an Aussie who lives a thousand miles away its apparently wrong.

the world does not revolve around the mulleted one!

doesn't say much for NZ speedway and how far its fallen but then i guess people probably think that about the Cardiff wildcard too!

Will he wear a Nz race jacket or a British one???

Technically he can't wear a Nz one!

This all seems a bit dim and Ill thought out....speedway again, and the reason so many are walking away :(

How can he technically not wear a NZ one... If he has New Zealand Citizenship (which is likely, but I don't know the definite answer to if he has) then he is free to represent New Zealand in whatever sport he chooses. Just like next year if I apply for citizenship and the All Whites called me up to play I would be eligible!

And according to the article he will represent New Zealand

Did Laguta wear a Latvian jacket when he was the Latvian wild card even though he is Russian?

Not to mention Rune Holta

And before you say it he has a Polish Licence, Bunyan has a NZ one.

In the individual World Championship, the SGP,a rider represents the country who issue his racing license. In the World Team Cup a rider represents the country who issue his passport, in the case of duel nationality he may choose. Holta could have raced under a Polish License and wore their colours in the GP but without a Polish passport, which he has, he couldn't have represented them in the Team Cup

There's a surprise you wanting Rory me thinks your being a bit biased?

Won the ELRC, did he not? Top Scorer in EL 2011 was he not? Comes from Bloody Darwin, does he not?

How good is that?

• Like 1

This is a classic case of the IMG selling the series out,with the NZ authorities appearing to go about buying a GP and stipulating who they want in it.

With the announcement of the NZ GP,without an Aussie GP I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought it didn't seem to much sense,but I suppose the answer is as above

NZ has a great history in Speedway in years gone by and it Bunyan needs to be on the pace to a degree or it's not exactly going to reflect too well on NZ Speedway,with the possible 7 time National Champion being British too is it?

In the individual World Championship, the SGP,a rider represents the country who issue his racing license. In the World Team Cup a rider represents the country who issue his passport, in the case of duel nationality he may choose. Holta could have raced under a Polish License and wore their colours in the GP but without a Polish passport, which he has, he couldn't have represented them in the Team Cup

Exactly.Don't know how many times it has been posted on here,but if i had a tenner for every time i think i could afford the trip to NZ ;)

I can fully understand why the Kiwis don't wish to be represented by an Aussie... :P

Seems strange that they don't have their own GP, oh i forgot, they did all their cash running one a few years back, run another one and you can have whoever you want to ride in it.

Time to demand a Welsh rider I think. Congrats James White-Williams on your wildcard!

So i take it James is the Welsh National champion then. :blink::rofl: . In fact is there such a thing, has there ever been such a thing or will there ever be such a thing.

Not wishing to be disparaging of anything welsh it forfeits the right

Edited by cee the bee

This is a classic case of the IMG selling the series out,with the NZ authorities appearing to go about buying a GP and stipulating who they want in it.

With the announcement of the NZ GP,without an Aussie GP I'm sure I wasn't the only one who thought it didn't seem to much sense,but I suppose the answer is as above

NZ has a great history in Speedway in years gone by and it Bunyan needs to be on the pace to a degree or it's not exactly going to reflect too well on NZ Speedway,with the possible 7 time National Champion being British too is it?

I agree it is a strange decision and would have expected one of the Aussies like Schlien or Batch, but I don't agree with the selling out of speedway.

Motogp (occassionally) and World Superbikes (often) have local wild cards compete and they are not up to the standards of the main competitors generally, so all sports are the same.

Alot of the riders in Motogp and the drivers in F1 are there because of the money they bring to the teams and not on merit.

Generally the field in speedway is very much the top riders. The faces are mostly the same because they are the best riders not because they are given an advantage. The people at the top in the GPs are usually those at the top of the averages in the league racing also.

Won the ELRC, did he not? Top Scorer in EL 2011 was he not? Comes from Bloody Darwin, does he not?

How good is that?

And you were doing so well with the first 2 ;):D

• Like 1

I agree it is a strange decision and would have expected one of the Aussies like Schlien or Batch, but I don't agree with the selling out of speedway.

Motogp (occassionally) and World Superbikes (often) have local wild cards compete and they are not up to the standards of the main competitors generally, so all sports are the same.

Alot of the riders in Motogp and the drivers in F1 are there because of the money they bring to the teams and not on merit.

Generally the field in speedway is very much the top riders. The faces are mostly the same because they are the best riders not because they are given an advantage. The people at the top in the GPs are usually those at the top of the averages in the league racing also.

I take your points,the series have do have their diferrences though,Wildcards in World Superbike for example,the host federation nominate them to the FIM who make the selection,they have to be to a certain standard in qualifying too or they don't make it

Speedway has the IMG as a kind of promotor,selecting their permanent wildcards and meeting wildcard for personal interest,I just think it can be potentially dangerous territory,I hope you see where I'm coming from

I take your points,the series have do have their diferrences though,Wildcards in World Superbike for example,the host federation nominate them to the FIM who make the selection,they have to be to a certain standard in qualifying too or they don't make it

Speedway has the IMG as a kind of promotor,selecting their permanent wildcards and meeting wildcard for personal interest,I just think it can be potentially dangerous territory,I hope you see where I'm coming from

And with the Welsh Asembly pumping in God only knows how much every year, surely they have as much right to a say as the New Zealand government. As a Welsh tax payer I demand that a Welshman rides in the GP at Cardiff. You know what, I think it should be called the Welsh GP too.

WIND YOUR BLOOMIN NECK IN!!!!! (Yes I'm shouting!!)

You know I love you SCB but please please please step away from the keyboard.

You have made your point which to be honest is rubbish but your passion does your proud and normally I would be there shouting it with you but you are wrong!

I'm a Warwickshire Tax Payer and that is no different to you being a Welsh tax payer until of course Wales is no longer part of Great Britain and has full independency.

Obviously if your fight for world domination continues then Newport will need to have its own league as it will be a Welsh League and they will then ride against themselves every week.

You cant have it all SCB - now behave xxx

1.gif

There's a surprise you wanting Rory me thinks your being a bit biased?

How can you tell!!! ;):D

Exactly.Don't know how many times it has been posted on here,but if i had a tenner for every time i think i could afford the trip to NZ ;)

And has already been pointed out Jason has a New Zealand Racing Licence at the very least.... enough said :P

Seems strange that they don't have their own GP, oh i forgot, they did all their cash running one a few years back, run another one and you can have whoever you want to ride in it.

Tell me, how many GPs have you run, your lordship?