British Speedway Forum

Just seen this from a Polish website.

Sounds like negotiations must be well under way, especially as they already mention a specific date for it.

Gonna be a bit more expensive than our usual trips to Europe so better get saving & quick!!!!!

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=pl&tl=en&u=http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/2011/09/10/grand-prix-wraca-na-antypody/&usg=ALkJrhicOPWiBY79zzDwDmVbTXPYMPT2rw

this will be a massive shot in the foot for bsi. wont may money and wont get that many fans going. wrong time as econimic climate is crap all round the world.

this will be a massive shot in the foot for bsi. wont may money and wont get that many fans going. wrong time as econimic climate is crap all round the world.

NZ is still struggling economically in the aftermath of CHCH but does have a financial fairy godfather so it could just happen; Australia won't go ahead in the near future without significant state or federal government backing, and the Sport of Speedway just doesn't have that financial pull (at the moment - an Aussie World Champion might help).

NZ is still struggling economically in the aftermath of CHCH but does have a financial fairy godfather so it could just happen; Australia won't go ahead in the near future without significant state or federal government backing, and the Sport of Speedway just doesn't have that financial pull (at the moment - an Aussie World Champion might help).

Book your ticket BFD its going to happen

yeah no one here for the Rugby because of the climate. aye.

apparently there are a few Aussies that have heard of speedway too

Book your ticket BFD its going to happen

......I might have to mug someone mate, due to the Global Economic Downturn my 'Insurance' premiums are way down.

An interesting point Keith but I wonder whether your opinion would be the same if you supported an EL team.

Now now, you know that I couldnt possibly answer that as it doesnt apply nowadays.

The truth is I dont know.

From FIM site today:

There has been speculation in sections of the media over the last few days regarding the staging of an FIM Speedway Grand Prix event in New Zealand.

It is no secret that BSI Speedway is in negotiations to stage a Grand Prix in New Zealand. As with the staging of any new event, negotiations take time and at present there is no signed contract or official staging date.

These discussions are still ongoing and BSI Speedway urge fans not to make travel arrangements until contracts have been signed and the event has been officially confirmed by BSI Speedway.

As in previous years, the calendar for the forthcoming FIM Speedway World Championships will be announced at the FIM Congress in October.

For what it's worth the UK does consult (or at least take into account) other leagues when deciding fixtures. How many Elite League fixtures take place on Tuesdays and Sundays?

The BEL doesn't need to consult with other leagues because they pretty much take the dates that are left after IMG/BSI, Poland and Sweden have had their pick.

As for IMG/BSI consulting with leagues as to the dates of any GP, I very might doubt it. The FIM grants them priority and everyone else just has to firt around them.

These discussions are still ongoing and BSI Speedway urge fans not to make travel arrangements until contracts have been signed and the event has been officially confirmed by BSI Speedway.

Lest we not forget that a New Zealand GP was announced once before (in Wellington?), and ended-up being cancelled.

Personally though, I don't think a NZ GP would be a bad thing, although late-March isn't brilliant for the British and Polish leagues.

Lest we not forget that a New Zealand GP was announced once before (in Wellington?), and ended-up being cancelled.

Personally though, I don't think a NZ GP would be a bad thing, although late-March isn't brilliant for the British and Polish leagues.

WELCOME back Humphrey, haven't seen you around lately.

End of March is first available date at Western Springs, the only viable venue in NZ. They are very close at the moment and it would be a real shame were it to fall out of bed at this late (very) stage.

WELCOME back Humphrey, haven't seen you around lately.

End of March is first available date at Western Springs, the only viable venue in NZ. They are very close at the moment and it would be a real shame were it to fall out of bed at this late (very) stage.

Think BSI want to announce it officially first, that is all

Why New Zealand? Even MotoGp dont go there.

There's a reasonably large speedway scene in NZ (albeit more than just solos), which gets fairly mainstream coverage in the country.

I'd imagine they're going to NZ though, someone has fronted up the cash, but it's by no means the worst place to have a GP.

Why New Zealand? Even MotoGp dont go there.

Ive never been but heard it rains more than Vojens.

PROBABLY because NZ has a longer and richer speedway history than almost any other nation, IMG has a presence there and there is a motorsports promoter who wants to do it. There is no weather guarantee anywhere these days and Auckland is no different. Have been there twice in March ... once it was gorgeous, once wet.

The NZ mugs must have forgotten the last GP down under, oh well there's one born every day.