British Speedway Forum

That's called the FIM calender you dingbat

If you're going to abuse one of your Pommie Mates you could at least abuse him in English - leave our Aussie Abuse alone!

If you're going to abuse one of your Pommie Mates you could at least abuse him in English - leave our Aussie Abuse alone!

I trying to be multi-cultural.

Just looked at flight tickets you can leave on Thursday night arive on Saturday watch the GP and leave first thing Sunday Morning how cool would that be bargin under a £1000 and i can be bk for wk on tuesday... so only need to book fri-mon off... hummm

Just looked at flight tickets you can leave on Thursday night arive on Saturday watch the GP and leave first thing Sunday Morning how cool would that be bargin under a £1000 and i can be bk for wk on tuesday... so only need to book fri-mon off... hummm

I'd take the Tuesday off as well and maybe leave a day earlier - flying long distances does strange things to the body.

Just gotta come up with some dollars now!

I for one will be there now..... Persuaded the other half to have her 21st Party the weekend before so we can fly up from CHCH (Christchurch!!! lol - and the CH is repeated cuz if you notice it starts and ends with those letters!!!!)and also take her to her 1st GP (got her hooked back in June when we went to Brandon on our trip over :party: )

I know it will have an impact on the leagues in Europe but it will be great to get to see a Live GP somewhere other than Cardiff, will also be good to catch up with some other Speedway fans this side of the world... Hopefully BFD makes it over.

I'm sure there will be a good number from the Moore Park lot coming up, and at that time of the year, although having moved into Autumn it is still usually good weather (and North Island is generally better than South too)

I'm excited now... just need to find out the Wild Cards for the series so I know who to support (a brit would be good).

It'll be interesting to see at what time of the day they're planning to run this, had a quick look on the site didn't notice anything, could be a late night down under if they want decent "live" european viewing figures :unsure:

Would be fun if it was on a 6am or whatever like the Aussie F1. All part of the attraction.

It'll be interesting to see at what time of the day they're planning to run this, had a quick look on the site didn't notice anything, could be a late night down under if they want decent "live" european viewing figures :unsure:

You'll just have to get up early instead of us for a change! :cheers:

You'll just have to get up early instead of us for a change! :cheers:

Definately.... Likely to be around 12 hours difference in terms of times by then (depending on Daylight saving changes)

IT will start at 4pm local time ... dictated by restrictions at Western Springs

IT will start at 4pm local time ... dictated by restrictions at Western Springs

Can you imagine the feeling of having Nigel Pearson & Kelvin Tatum screaming through your tv's at 4am OMG

Jade Mudgway for Wild Card? Give Mudga a guernsey! :cheers:

This can surely only be a good thing for Speedway - it also needs more expansion over the next 2 years

Lets say a 13 round World Championship - I would like to see

1) New Zealand

2) Great Britain

3) Poland

4) Denmark

5) Sweden

6) Czech Republic

7) South Africa

8) Russia

9) Croatia

10) Italy

11) United States

12) Poland

13) United Arab Emires (Abu Dabi).

Poland still gets a polish round and a European round, scandinavia is covered, Russia is explored, africa added, middle east and state side...

perhaps speedway can work on a 2 year plan where places like czech rep, italy, one from scandinavia and croatia alternate with say Australia, Brazil, India, China/Japan.