British Speedway Forum
Ben91

Rye House 2012

I think bridger is the type who will ride as much as possible... He will make mega money riding PL and EL and as long as he is allowed to do it, he will, same as barker.

I'd quite like to see the likes of bridger and stead to drop down next year, personally.

Riders of that calibre are great for the Premier League, and takes the league from strength to strength.

With a starting average of 11.58, he would need to average a lot more than 9+ average.

Where's this figure come from? Last EL greensheets have him at 7.40, which would convert to 12.33, even with Brit reduction he'd still be over 12.

I'd rather take Olly Allen on a 10 odd average than Bridger. Though Bridger would certainly be a very exciting addition to the side, I just don't think on such a high average it'd be wise to bring him in.

The formula that seems to work is having a strong number one and at least 1 strong reserve, we need to start with Nelson in a reserve berth ideally in my opinion.

Where's this figure come from? Last EL greensheets have him at 7.40, which would convert to 12.33, even with Brit reduction he'd still be over 12.

I'd rather take Olly Allen on a 10 odd average than Bridger. Though Bridger would certainly be a very exciting addition to the side, I just don't think on such a high average it'd be wise to bring him in.

The formula that seems to work is having a strong number one and at least 1 strong reserve, we need to start with Nelson in a reserve berth ideally in my opinion.

I agree, but you need a fairly balanced set-up to make this work. When the boy Nelson gets going and goes up into the team, you really want somebody of equal abilty coming down. The Blueprint was Eastbourne where they were always going to have either Woodward, Bridger or Dryml to help the sacrificial lamb that was the Finnish kid.

The team needs alot of rebuilding to keep anyone interested for 2012, Auty and Aspgren would definitely have been a start.

If we can expect Neath, ???, Boxall, Bowen, Hawkins, Nelson and Morley then things are only going to get worse at Rye.

I haven't attended any meetings in October due to lack of interest, some serious improvements need to be made on and off track for next season to bring the crowd back.

I agree, but you need a fairly balanced set-up to make this work. When the boy Nelson gets going and goes up into the team, you really want somebody of equal abilty coming down. The Blueprint was Eastbourne where they were always going to have either Woodward, Bridger or Dryml to help the sacrificial lamb that was the Finnish kid.

There is a difference between the leagues in that respect IMO, look at Glasgow this year, big hitter Screen, backed up with a solid top 5 and 2 decent reserves, when one moved up, the rider who came down the other way was just as effective. The same thing has happened with Edinburgh in the recent past. Rye's last two league winning sides were both built with at least one strong reserve too (Danny King in 05, Wuffy and Roynon in 07).

Of the seven riders who finished the season Neath and Nelson are the only two who I would dread losing. Neathy seemed pretty confident last night that we will be challenging next season, so lets hope he knows something we don't!

In my opinion the two riders I think rye should keep for next year are Christ Neath and nelson. Being in 5 new faces.

Neath Luke and Nelson are nailed on.Despite what anyone says Luke will be a very good reserve at home and is on a average that he should be able to improve on significantly.Nelson could easily achieve a 7 point average. Anyone know what his average has been over the last ten meetings. Neath has been exceptional. Cant see Brundle Hawkins or Frampton returning. Boxall is an enigma. He has such talent and such awful machinery. i'd keep him for the number 4 slot. I hope Bridger does nt come on that sort of average. He does nt ride Rye well at all. I know he is rumoured to go elsewhere but i would love Auty and Howe to join. I see the negotiations have broken down for Auty. The question is whether he has outpriced himself or is Len being tight. One things for sure Len will be aware from the way the crowds have dipped that he needs a team that does nt drop points at home and rides to entertain.

Probably the later it is obvious Len does not want elite league racing at Rye. He is not willing to pay elite league wages and get an air fence and he will most probably have to make the track bigger.He is trying to compete with the big boys by spending as little as possible you have to speculate to accumulate and Len is not willing to do this he is happy with mid table in prem league but the fans want more which won't happen while Len is in charge

Agree regarding Luke being a good reserve but only if he is signed with a view to being second reserve. His points at home would certainly help from reserve, however if we go with Ben Morley and Luke in the side it is likely we will be too long in the tail on our travels for most of the year. Jason Bunyan is a rider we want to look at as he is on such an attractive figure and would start at reserve potentially.

I don't agree about keeping Luke Bowen. Even if he starts the season at reserve and does well he will move up into the main body of team. I know this will be unpopular but I am not a fan of his. He does not score well away from home.

A weather station :wink:

I agree with your team but Len will probably bring Ben Morley back even though he is not good enough because Len won't spend any money on a decent team mid table again cos Len does'nt want elite league speedway at Rye.

I don't agree about keeping Luke Bowen. Even if he starts the season at reserve and does well he will move up into the main body of team. I know this will be unpopular but I am not a fan of his. He does not score well away from home.

That was my point, if signed with a view to being our second reserve, Luke could potentially spend time in the second string early doors, but once averages kick in, hopefully he would be our 7th averaged rider. If we go with Morley, Garrity or another 3 pointer then I don't believe we should retain him. However if we don't then I can see Luke having a good season as our number 7 because he will score shed loads at home. We can't carry 2 riders away, most teams will carry one reserve, we can't carry Luke and a 3 pointer.

I agree although im not sure Morley is far away from being ready based upon his end of season form.

Bunyan is on a bananas average. How come it is so low. Mind you whilst he will be great away his form at Rye is never good. Lee Smart might be a good shout too. Such an exciting style and apart from his last visit he normally rides Rye well.

I think we need a powerful top three. Neath , Auty, Howell, lanham, Doyle - any combination of those with Nelson and boxall and luke and another.

I agree although im not sure Morley is far away from being ready based upon his end of season form.

Bunyan is on a bananas average. How come it is so low. Mind you whilst he will be great away his form at Rye is never good. Lee Smart might be a good shout too. Such an exciting style and apart from his last visit he normally rides Rye well.

I think we need a powerful top three. Neath , Auty, Howell, lanham, Doyle - any combination of those with Nelson and boxall and luke and another.

Heard from a reliable source at Plymouth that Bunyan got stitched up by the Promoter, with a 4.74cma he can now double up in 2012, which was his aim, living near Milton Keynes, Rye would be very local for him.

Then he sounds an excellent choice. How does getting stitched up make him lower his average though. Him Nelson and Luke at the bottom end leaves plenty of points elsewhere.