British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Marty

Aussie U/16 Title

Just got back from Mildura & will give you all the info that I can remember. Sat night was the individual championship & was won by Aaron Summers of the Sidewinders club in S.A. 2nd went to Masters of N.S.W, 3rd King of W.A. & 4th to the unlucky Ryan Sedgeman of Mildura after taking over the lead with one lap to go & then running wide & being excluded for crossing the white line.

One of the favourites Jason Norman had a night he would rather forget & came in about 5th. As for Sam he didn't have a real good night with a few little problems & battled into about 7th.

The Sunday night was the Ausralian Pairs Championship which got a smile back on the 2 S.A. riders with Jason Norman & Sam Martin (Sidewinders) winning, followed by the Victorian pairing of Ryan & Justin Sedgeman & in 3rd place the N.S.W. team of Cory Williams & Sam Masters.

Over all it was a fantastic weekend of racing & great to see all friendships that formed between all of the riders as many of them only meet up once a year. Also congradulations on the Mildura Club for running a well organised weekend.

Cheers Mark

P.S. The owner of the local go kart track, learn't a good lesson, never let a group of junior speedway riders loose in go karts :rolleyes::D

P.S.S. Aaron Summers was a deserved winner after going through all of his heats undefeated & now gets ready to move up to the 500's in the next few months

Edited by Marty

As for Sam he didn't have a real good night with a few little problems & battled into about 7th.

Sorry to hear things didn't go well for Sam :sad: Let's hope he still enjoyed the experience tho'. Does Sam still have a few more years left in the U-16's Marty?

As for Sam he didn't have a real good night with a few little problems & battled into about 7th.

Sorry to hear things didn't go well for Sam :sad: Let's hope he still enjoyed the experience tho'. Does Sam still have a few more years left in the U-16's Marty?

Hi ML, Sam had a great time, he was a bit dissapointed about the Sat night but still rode well (blame the mechanic).

But to win the pairs the following night soon got him smiling.

Sam has another year left in the juniors (125 cc) but since practicing on his 500, he may pull out of the juniors & just practice on the 500 for a year, as you can't race a 500 over here until you are 16. My personel opinion is that we keep them on the 125's way too long. He has a couple of other options but will wait & see what happens.

Cheers Mark

Guest Sir Lunchalot

Marty, seems a shame for Sam to possibly not ride competitively for a year and miss out on the experience of competing ?

I must admit when I was younger and playing sport (yes I can just remember back that long ago !!) all I ever wanted to do was get out there and compete. I hated just practicing because I felt there was nothing to aim for and my mind tended to wander too much. Of course now I realise if I had been smart and mixed sensible practice with competing I would have been better off but that's another story !!

Fantastic to hear that Sam won the pairs though, that should cheer him up no end.