Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
the truth

Kelvin Mullarkey Testimonial Meeting

Hi

Does anyone have the details of the Kelvin Mullarkey testimonial meeting?

I think it was 1985. I assume it was at Rye House

I've got a race jacket from the meeting with number one on the back and wondered who wore it etc etc

Thanks in advance

Graham

Hi

I've got a race jacket from the meeting with number one on the back and wondered who wore it etc etc

Thanks in advance

Graham

It was held on 27 October 1985 at Rye House. Don't know who wore no. 1 though.

Hi

Thanks in advance

Graham

Is it a Rockets race jacket?

According to 1986 Speedway Yearbook the Rye House Select side contained Andrew Silver, Ali Stevens, Bob Garrad and Rob Parish... I have the programme somewhere in the garage amongst countless others... At a guess I'd say it was Andrew Silver's race jacket... He rode at number 1 for the Rockets in 1985.

Just for those fellow anoraks out there (Rye House unless stated)... Rye House Select 28 (Andrew Silver 4-9; Ali Stevens 4-7; Bob Garrad 4-6; Rob Parish, Mildenhall 4-6); Poole Select 30 (Kevin Smith 4-11; Rob Henry, Mildenhall 4-9; Neil Middleditch, Arena Essex, 4-9; Russell Paine, Arena Essex, 4-1); Kent Select 22 (Barry Thomas, Hackney, 4-8; Rob Tilbury, Canterbury, 4-6; Andy Galvin, Hackney, 4-4; Peter Johns, Wimbledon, 4-4); Kings Lynn Select 16 (Martin Goodwin, Arena Essex, 4-8; Bob Humphries, Arena Essex, 4-4; Kelvin Mullarkey 4-3; Gary Rolls 4-1).

Edited by Shadders

It looks abit like this one Here

Its definately not a rockets jacket. I think Norbold is right with the date though. I'm almost certain it says 1985 on it somewhere.

Sorry for being so vague!!

I'll have a proper look at it at the weekend and report back

It looks abit like this one Here

Its definately not a rockets jacket. I think Norbold is right with the date though. I'm almost certain it says 1985 on it somewhere.

Sorry for being so vague!!

I'll have a proper look at it at the weekend and report back

The jacket you posted a link for was from the Alan Sage Testimonial held at Arena Essex (Lakeside) on 3rd November 1985.

Here it is

Front

Back

I knew it said 1985 on there somewhere

Any more info anyone?

Cheers

I would say that, as the jacket contains the logos of all the participating teams but the Rocket is the main one, this would be the Rye House team's number 1, Andrew Silver. If you can find a similar jacket with the Crusader, Star or Pirate logo as the main logo (if this is the case) this would confirm it.

Why not just ask Andrew he is on Facebook

I would say that, as the jacket contains the logos of all the participating teams

No, they are logo's of the teams that Kelvin rode for during his career... Poole, Kings Lynn, Hull, Rye House, Weymouth and Canterbury... Missing logo's are Hackney and Crewe

Edited by Shadders

No, they are logo's of the teams that Kelvin rode for during his career... Poole, Kings Lynn, Hull, Rye House, Weymouth and Canterbury... Missing logo's are Hackney and Crewe

I thought that was probably the case. Cheers Shadders