British Speedway Forum

Since a few others have got threads up and running, why not!

Well first and foremost I just hope we are PL next year after all of the poor away reports and the fact that we've not been strong enough this season.

Fingers crossed those in charge give us another season to get on a par with the rest of the league.

Anyway as far as the team goes should we stay PL, of those that have ridden this season my definite returnees if possible would be Barker (not sure he will be able to ride PL nor will he want to) and Wells.

Of the other Devils riders this season the ones I'd consider would be Simmonds, Bunyan, Hughes, Smart. All of which have averages low enough to put them at reserve so that could be a goer, although Nicki Glanz on a 3 would be great value.

As for new faces, well Ingalls must be considered, possibly Peter Juul Larsen also after both were superb at our place this year. Elsewhere I'd like McGowan or even Sweetman as second heat leader and another rider that impressed at the SBA this year has been Boxall.

Despite Kristiansen being a good signing this year I wouldn't keep him as I simply don't see value on his current average, victim of his own success in my opinion.

So if possible something like this would be nice (on current averages)...

Barker - 10.14

McGowan - 7.49

Boxall 5.71

Wells - 5.63

Ingalls - 5.58

4.95 left - Hughes, Bunyan, Simmonds or Juul would all fit

Glanz - 3.00

Did Ben not say he was only doing this season in the premier, if sam does not win sunday hope Ben will

Barker has said that his EL average is too high for the PL next year, and he will have to concentrate on the EL and continental meetings in 2012.

Barker has said that his EL average is too high for the PL next year, and he will have to concentrate on the EL and continental meetings in 2012.

Actually he said that he thought that his average would be too high for him to ride in the Premier League.

I personally think Ben is far too good for the PL anyway and if he wants to improve to the very top level of the sport he should look to step back up to full time EL and maybe get a ride in either Poland or Sweden or both. That said from a selfish point of view I'd love him to come back to Plymouth if averages permitted.

You are most welcome if you want Peter Juul.

I hope he is not at Redcar in 2012.

No agression and no ability at all to pass.

Similar style to Kristiensen, so may be good for points at home, if he gates.

I personally think Ben is far too good for the PL anyway and if he wants to improve to the very top level of the sport he should look to step back up to full time EL and maybe get a ride in either Poland or Sweden or both. That said from a selfish point of view I'd love him to come back to Plymouth if averages permitted.

I also agree that Ben is far too good for the Pl, he should be setting his targets higher - no disrespect to the PL .. we need young Brits up there! :cheers:

Edited by Hel'n'Back

Actually he said that he thought that his average would be too high for him to ride in the Premier League.

Duh ... that's what I said, Spin :wink:

From the present team i would only keep Wells, from the team that started the year i would keep Simmo, and Bunyan on his present cma, this was a one off year riding for the devils for Ben, it was very good when lasted but i cant see it happening next year, the lad must move on he is far to good to ride in the PL, but it would be great to have him back.

Edited by Roger MARTIN

I would like to see both Jesper Ks at Plymouth lets have a bit of confusion !! Actually believe that at one time they both rode for Stoke at the same time.

Ben will be at Plymouth next year, he can double again, if Nicholas Covatti didnt have too many Italian weekend meetings he could be worth a go and he is on an Italian passport so commes in on a 5, a Friday race night puts a stop to having Matej Zagar, but Jurica Pavlic, now that would be a good signing and comes complete with his own practice track. Gino is getting there and worth giving another run to. Put some new drainage ditches in on bends 3 and 4 pea shingle about £40 for a BIG bag at Wickes. Get Ryanair/easyjet to start services to Italy, Scandinavia and eastern Europe from Exeter

Well its been a month now since any thoughts/news on a team for 2012, so thought I'd kick this one back into gear.

Having spoken with Ben after the Edinburgh meeting, he is "100%" wanting to come back should the rules allow which is great to hear, so fingers crossed on that one. There seems to be a lot of talk about Richie Hawkins too with Gary Spiller saying he is looking at him for 2012. I personally like Richie he's aggressive and experienced at this level but I would want him as a reserve partner for the already signed Glanz ideally and would do a decent job home and away imo and give our bottom end a bit more quality.

Anyone heard anything else?

Well its been a month now since any thoughts/news on a team for 2012, so thought I'd kick this one back into gear.

Having spoken with Ben after the Edinburgh meeting, he is "100%" wanting to come back should the rules allow which is great to hear, so fingers crossed on that one. There seems to be a lot of talk about Richie Hawkins too with Gary Spiller saying he is looking at him for 2012. I personally like Richie he's aggressive and experienced at this level but I would want him as a reserve partner for the already signed Glanz ideally and would do a decent job home and away imo and give our bottom end a bit more quality.

Anyone heard anything else?

Yes - Heard Richie Hawkins is going to Ipswich

Heres an Idea:

McGowan

Boxall

Stichauer

Wells

Aarnio

Franchetti

Glanz

OR

McGowan

Magosi

Stichauer

Wells

B Wilson

Franchetti

Glanz

Heres an Idea:

McGowan

Boxall

Stichauer

Wells

Aarnio

Franchetti

Glanz

OR

McGowan

Magosi

Stichauer

Wells

B Wilson

Franchetti

Glanz

Remove Ricky Wells from those 2 mate. it seems certain he'll be a Sheffield tiger in 2012. :)