British Speedway Forum

What annoys me is that Leicester finished bottom of the pile (mainly due to their early season form) and have done something about it by signing quality riders in Nemo, Bjerre and Karlsson to ensure that doesn't happen again. Yet we are talking about Cockle, Kristiansen and Werner.

Yes we have Ben which is superb but we proved last season that Ben can't win the league on his own. Mr Bowden believes Brent Werner is the answer to our frankly weak middle order of last season, I think that says all you need to know about our likely chances for next season!

Edited by torpointfanatic22

The Leicester team will come at a massive expense to the promotion but like they said people will back a sucessful team there is around 1000 hardcore fans at Leicester will will turn up week in week out win lose or draw. But if the team is doing well then that figure could go up to 1500 , 2000 easy which would cover the extra expense & by their own admission they got the team buliding badly wrong last year which is why they say they owe the fans a strong team.

Leicester is a sporting city which has a high sucessful rugby team & at the moment a well supported football team because they are doing ok, People in Leicester are very fickle & will only support winning team so if the lions are winning matches the crowds will get bigger.

It appears a sad state of affairs at Plymouth if the muted team on here is the team that takes to the track in march because that team is a little more the awful & totally the wrong way about bringing new faces through the turnstile.

The Leicester team will come at a massive expense to the promotion but like they said people will back a sucessful team there is around 1000 hardcore fans at Leicester will will turn up week in week out win lose or draw. But if the team is doing well then that figure could go up to 1500 , 2000 easy which would cover the extra expense & by their own admission they got the team buliding badly wrong last year which is why they say they owe the fans a strong team.

Leicester is a sporting city which has a high sucessful rugby team & at the moment a well supported football team because they are doing ok, People in Leicester are very fickle & will only support winning team so if the lions are winning matches the crowds will get bigger.

It appears a sad state of affairs at Plymouth if the muted team on here is the team that takes to the track in march because that team is a little more the awful & totally the wrong way about bringing new faces through the turnstile.

Wow.. That sounds all too familiar. One piece of advice, don't be too sure about that.

It's been confirmed in today's local paper that Plymouth have signed Steve Boxall for 2012 and are hoping to finalise a return for Ricky Wells in the coming days.

Welcome to Plymouth Steve, he goes well at our place and hopefully he can improve on his starting figure. Fingers crossed the Ricky deal can be sorted and announced shortly also which will give us 11.91 for the final two.

What happened to Gary Spiller TP?

He was the man who stopped me and others from lynching Bowden last year when he announced we could use our rain off tickets within the next 4 meetings.

The man is clueless, and is killing the sport. Oh and someone needs to take the paintbrush off him as painting everything yellow and red is making the SBA look like the circus it is with Billy Butlin and his blazer in charge.

I feel for all you devils fans, I really do.

What happened to Gary Spiller TP?

He was the man who stopped me and others from lynching Bowden last year when he announced we could use our rain off tickets within the next 4 meetings.

The man is clueless, and is killing the sport. Oh and someone needs to take the paintbrush off him as painting everything yellow and red is making the SBA look like the circus it is with Billy Butlin and his blazer in charge.

I feel for all you devils fans, I really do.

Gazza found out that he had been replaced when somebody showed him a link to the local newspaper I believe :mad: . Gazza is Speedway through and through and I really feel for him and the way he has been treated :mad: .

MB doesn't see supporters - he sees £ signs :mad:

MB now has his friend Seemond Stephens as manager at home meetings and someone else as manager at away meetings... How MB gets away with it I don't know :blink: .

One of the biggest league crowds I saw last season was the final match at Plymouth. Bearing in mind they were second bottom, it was against Edinburgh and it was, effectively, a nothing meeting the queue outside at start time was absolutely astonishing.

A successful Devils outfit would be pulling in at least 2,000 every week and its one reason why I can't understand Bowden not trying to assemble a league challenging side instead of going for the likes of Brent Werner.

The question is, which rider will go missing first? Werner, Glanz or Boxall?

• Like 1

It's been confirmed in today's local paper that Plymouth have signed Steve Boxall for 2012 and are hoping to finalise a return for Ricky Wells in the coming days.

Welcome to Plymouth Steve, he goes well at our place and hopefully he can improve on his starting figure. Fingers crossed the Ricky deal can be sorted and announced shortly also which will give us 11.91 for the final two.

Kristiansen and ... ... ... ... Dakota North :shock:

Kristiansen and ... ... ... ... Dakota North :shock:

North, lol, I highly doubt that!! I'm also led to believe Jesper isn't racing in England next year.

The question is, which rider will go missing first? Werner, Glanz or Boxall?

Werner I hope, I'm still hoping he gets lost on the way to P&P and retires as a result ;)

Kristiansen,,,, more chance of seeing Rudolf and his reindeer. At least Santa knows he's not going to get paid for his presents.

does anybody know how much below 42.50 bowden would get away with because i think it could be a new record and i feel that he would be sticking two fingers up at the bspa and supporters by doing so,should not be allowed to getaway with it imo

I seem to recall Mr Bowden telling the assembled masses at the end of the season meeting that he would ensure the team for 2012 would be much stronger than this year and one capable of challenging for, at the very least, the top half of the Premier League table.

Now we hear that he has signed a rider who has been out of the game for at least three years, and is nearly 40. Poor old Brent is going to have a lot to live up to, that's for sure. Also, Mr Boxall's sudden departure from Somerset a while back, by way of a text message to his promoter, has obviously not registered on Mr Bowden's radar. Another huge gamble, I think, by said promoter.

Ricky Wells and James Cockle. Fine with Ricky - a great trier and crowdpleaser, and a capable heat leader home and away. Cockle did well at reserve after he came back. I thought it was surprising he did return after the unceremonious way he was dumped before. Maybe no-one else was offering anything ? Whatever, fair play to the lad.

As for Jesper Kristiansen, he reminds me of David Ruud. His scores so often seemed to be a mixture of 3 and 0. From what others on here say, it doesn't look like he will return, so whether or not Plymouth should use him may become irrelevant.

As an Exeter Falcons fan, I am very envious of what Mr Bowden has got down at Plymouth, especially the crowd potential. If that was at Exeter, I'd hope our promoter would do right by the paying public and put out the very best team he can, not a second rate effort and then expect the fans to get / stay excited about it all.

Anyway, I wish Seemond all the very best in his role as team manager ( for home meetings at least ) - he may need all the luck going !

what bowden says and what bowden does is not usually the same thing as most devils fans will tell you