British Speedway Forum

To be fair, Leicester's gates are at least as good as Plymouth's. Having said that, on the occasions I went to SBA last season I don't think any gate was under four figures, and that's almost certainly better than anyone else. The gate at the last match against Edinburgh was truly astonishing - pushing 2,000 for a nothing match on a cold October night - and the queue's outside at start time had to be seen to be believed.

Leicester were averaging over 2000 even when they were continuously losing home and away.

Leicester were averaging over 2000 even when they were continuously losing home and away.

workington were getting over 3000 in 1999 while loosing at home almost every week its called the honeymoon period

in 2011 with a very succesfull team at home they were getting around 500

Indeed, Hart would be better than Holder - especially at the SBA.

Come on you guys, give Jimmy a chance. Nothing went right for him for pretty much the season last year, capped it all by his rib injuries. Jimmys a nice lad and will score points for you, but he also needs your backing.

Come on you guys, give Jimmy a chance. Nothing went right for him for pretty much the season last year, capped it all by his rib injuries. Jimmys a nice lad and will score points for you, but he also needs your backing.

I agree Starman, i don't want Hart at the SBA, he was ok riding against NL rider's at the SBA, but found it not so easy the last he came down, riding against better rider's, am willing to give Holder a chance, and i think most Plymouth supporters will do the same, so let's get off the lad's back :mad:

Edited by Roger MARTIN

such a nice guy :rolleyes:

Must have some terrible luck because he's always been crap.

• Like 2

I agree Starman, i don't want Hart at the SBA, he was ok riding against NL rider's at the SBA, but found it not so easy the last he came down, riding against better rider's, am willing to give Holder a chance, and i think most Plymouth supporters will do the same, so let's get off the lad's back :mad:

Good post mate. Jimmy is a good lad, but he also needs support and encouragement from both fans and management, the Somerset management looked after and encouraged jimmy well, as you know he was Captain of the Rebels. but If i had a fault with jimmy he's just that, to nice. Especially round Plymouth he's going to need to be a lot more aggresive out the starts, thats where i thought part of his problem at Somerset was. But he does have it in him.

But bear in mind he was carrying injuries at the back end of the season, you have a fit jimmy, im not going to say he will pull up big tree's, but he will do ok for you. But he needs allround support.

Jerran is suprising me, when he rode for our Buccaneer side at Poole i said give him 2 years and he'l be riding EL.

Jerrans a good rider, but i can't believe he's not doing better than he's showing.

Edited by Starman2006

Must have some terrible luck because he's always been crap.

when james holder first came over and rode for isle of white whith his brother in the team he was 1 off the most promising riders but things have gone down hil for him since

so he hasnt always been crap as you put it

He'll always be in his brothers shadow, he's a 4 point something reserve, if that is what was expected of him then nobody would be disappointed.

To be honest Jim has never really improved but agree he is a great guy and is superb for team morale.

1. Ben Barker 9.87

2. Steve Boxall 5.69

3. Chris Schramm 6.28.

4. Brent Werner.?

5. Ricky Ashworth 8.39.

6. Lee Dicken 3.45

7. Nicki Glanz 3.00.

What about that for a line-up?

Or go with Henning Bager in place of Werner.

Edited by The Little Un

1. Ben Barker 9.87

2. Steve Boxall 5.69

3. Chris Schramm 6.28.

4. Brent Werner.?

5. Ricky Ashworth 8.39.

6. Lee Dicken 3.45

7. Nicki Glanz 3.00.

What about that for a line-up?

Or go with Henning Bager in place of Werner.

Havn't you already signed Holder so he surely should be included in your 1 ~ 7 ?

• Like 1

According to this weeks Speedy Star, only Barker, Ashworth, Holder & Boxall have actually been signed and Bowden actually states that he is still in discussions with Werner.

Bager won't be signing as riding for Cov who already have there d/u pairs.

Bit Shoddy from Plymouth promotors how there going avout there business, youve signed someone...or you haven't, so stop dragging it out and keep yours fans in the loop.