British Speedway Forum

They were actually given the land by a Devon County Council Department many years ago, friends have had experience in the past of negotiations over church freehold farm rents, they always want more rent than a commercial company would.

They were actually given the land by a Devon County Council Department many years ago, friends have had experience in the past of negotiations over church freehold farm rents, they always want more rent than a commercial company would.

They may want an inflated amount but if people/organisations are not prepared to pay over the odds then they wont get what they want. I do appreciate however, with a speedway facility, it is a completely different matter as you cant just walk away and lay down a track elswhere just like that. I do sympathise with your plight. Is the deadline of this weekend (the BSPA AGM) an immovable date?

In reply to your last question Plymouth consortium have been given an extension of a week to try to sort out a new agreement with ST Boniface College, Alex Harkess has been working his socks off trying to make it happen, main problem is actually getting the college to answer the phone or emails

• Like 4

In reply to your last question Plymouth consortium have been given an extension of a week to try to sort out a new agreement with ST Boniface College, Alex Harkess has been working his socks off trying to make it happen, main problem is actually getting the college to answer the phone or emails

Since I'm not actually in Plymouth right now can someone who is, kindly bash on the door on Monday morning to ensure these beggers talk!

• Like 1

You sure he isn't phoning Plymouth City Council Godfrey, not answering the phone sounds like them, not sure if the College was shut yesterday with the Police elections going on.

I should think the real reason the college was asking so much is that they've got a huge financial black hole to fill since their former bursar embezzled over a million quid last year.

I should think the real reason the college was asking so much is that they've got a huge financial black hole to fill since their former bursar embezzled over a million quid last year.

Spot on ;) .

Edited by Devildodger