British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Ben Fund Bonanza 11/3/2012

And count me in for a day out at Birmingham dare say me and Junior might be making the journey with Squall. :t: :t:

Considering coming up for this under severe pressure from the other half... Don't fancy the trek over from the shopping centre with the wheelchair, so what's the chances of reserving a space in the stadium car park?

Shadds if you have a disabled badge in your motor they should let you in free of charge mate..

Edited by zlata prilba

I went to Scunthorpe for the last one , and it was an awful meeting . Maybe the silencer issue at the time had something to do with that , so i'll give this another chance . I don't get the chance to go to Perry Barr since their demotion to the Elite League , so that's another reason to make the effort .

I really fancy going to this too, i really enjoyed my brief time at Birmingham in 2010 on the Supporters Club bus, such a shame we couldn't have stayed longer, but we had to head for Rye afterwards for the next day.

Finally i'm getting sensible, after missing out on the PLRC at the last minute, the wee man has opened a Post Office Budget card account so i can pop money aside for bills to be paid there like electricity or road tax, thus (hopefully) avoiding the financial catastrophe i had at PLRC time. And unlike my bank account or savings book....i can't go back in and take it out again with this card :lol:

I fancy going to this...but then the thought of travelling down on my own isn't great so will probably give it a miss :(

I fancy going to this...but then the thought of travelling down on my own isn't great so will probably give it a miss :(

Would you not fancy getting a train and staying over for a change mate, and save all the driving?

If i could, i'd like to get down the day before the event, like i did the first two PLRC's we all did. We'll see though, i think i'll put a weeks hols in at work to include this weekend anyway.

Considering coming up for this under severe pressure from the other half... Don't fancy the trek over from the shopping centre with the wheelchair, so what's the chances of reserving a space in the stadium car park?

I believe that they do keep a small area of the public car park reserved for disabled visitors, so, you should be OK if you have a Blue Badge.

As Bluejam mentioned though, probably worth emailing the club to make sure.

Got a feeling we may be attending,could be another heavy night on the lash if it turns out to be anything like Rye House and Scunthorpe....

Would you not fancy getting a train and staying over for a change mate, and save all the driving?

If i could, i'd like to get down the day before the event, like i did the first two PLRC's we all did. We'll see though, i think i'll put a weeks hols in at work to include this weekend anyway.

Sounds like a plan! Need to see if I can get the time off work 1st...

Good to hear of so many fans coming this from various parts of the UK, hope we get a great crowd for a big event. Anyone looking for a hotel should look at the Birmingham Perry Barr Travelodge which is just past the stadium and a bit further down the Aldridge road. Rooms only £19, non- refundable!!!

http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/hotel_overview.php?hotel_id=415

Thanks for the replies re disabled parking... email on it's way to Birmingham speedway,,, See you there!!

yeah am hoping to go as it is just after my birthday and hoping Hans will go to defend the title

Thats the hotel for me and Bandits4life booked, down on the saturday, back up the road on monday. See y'all at the bar :cheers:

Got a feeling we may be attending,could be another heavy night on the lash if it turns out to be anything like Rye House and Scunthorpe....

It will be , i picked up my train tickets yesterday :wink:

It will be , i picked up my train tickets yesterday :wink:

Best bring some headache tablets with me by the looks of it. :lol:

Quite fancy going to this havent done Brum in years might take in the bullring while am it?!