British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WembleyLion

Ben Fund Bonanza 11/3/2012

Anyone local know what the weather is meant to be like. So its standing only outside? Is the viewing area banked? Being short its often a pain to get a good view at some tracks. Apart from the shopping centre does the track have its own car park? IS it free to park? This will be my first visit to Perry Barr so don't know what to expect

Looking like another sunny day with light winds.

Viewing is not brilliant at PB in the main area along the start finish line. Its quite flat.

But if you head towards the 1st bend you will find a couple of temporary (permanent!) stands. I will be in there somewhere as its the only hope I have of getting a decent view!

But think we may need to be there early to claim our spot!

There is a car park at the ground but its quite small and pricey. Its only a few minutes walk from over the road - google map it and have a look.

So what about Kenneth Bjerre????? He was the 1st rider confirmed but is nolonger in the line up :s

Panthers management had sorted out mini bus to take the team there as a kind of team bonding and to support Kenneth

Edited by cambpanther

no nicholls now to

So what about Kenneth Bjerre????? He was the 1st rider confirmed but is nolonger in the line up :s

Panthers management had sorted out mini bus to take the team there as a kind of team bonding and to support Kenneth

no nicholls now to

Where are these sources from??

Who oh why do riders say they will take part then just pull out day before, makes speedway a mockery.

speedwayGB website has a list of the riders in the metting, in the news section and Bjerre isnt listed

Where are these sources from??

Who oh why do riders say they will take part then just pull out day before, makes speedway a mockery.

Scott's tweet:

"scott nicholls

For unseen circumstances i've sadly had to pull out of tomorrows benfund meeting at Birmingham.Sorry to anyone who was planning on seeing me"

Edited by Badge

speedwayGB website has a list of the riders in the metting, in the news section and Bjerre isnt listed

It now shows Bjerre as being in again :s

Scott's tweet:

"scott nicholls

For unseen circumstances i've sadly had to pull out of tomorrows benfund meeting at Birmingham.Sorry to anyone who was planning on seeing me"

Thanks Badge, ive just seen the tweet now for myself.

Regarding parking. It's £2.50 at the stadium of free in the "One Stop Shop" that is sign posted well. Park there and follow the masses over the road, it takes about 3 or 4 minutes. The only issue is that there is a quite a high step on the one side of the road if you're very short or struggle with mobility. The car park is well lit though and if you can park there, do so.

As for viewing, I think Sandies covered it well, bend 1 in the "temp" stands is the best place to watch at Brum.

Edited by SCB

Regarding parking. It's £5 a the stadium of free in the "One Stop Shop" that is sign posted well. Park there and follow the masses over the road, it takes about 3 or 4 minutes. The only issue is that there is a quite a high step on the one side of the road if you're very short or struggle with mobility. The car park is well lit though and if you can park there, do so.

As for viewing, I think Sandies covered it well, bend 1 in the "temp" stands is the best place to watch at Brum.

SCB, it was £2.50 to park on the main car park last season, has it gone up 100% do you know?

Moorski - I'll edit my post. I just thought it was £5 in the past.

Moorski - I'll edit my post. I just thought it was £5 in the past.

Thats ok you had me worried as £2.50 is enough, nothing to do with Birmingham Speedway by the way as the Greyhound Stadium Owners charge the price and keep the profits on Car Parking.

Viewing is not brilliant at PB in the main area along the start finish line. Its quite flat.

But if you head towards the 1st bend you will find a couple of temporary (permanent!) stands. I will be in there somewhere as its the only hope I have of getting a decent view!

But think we may need to be there early to claim our spot!

The viewing is much better at Perry Barr since they put the new stands in. You have an extra set of steps on the main straight, that usually gets quite full but gives a good view. Also on the main straight, towards bend 4 there is another new stand. That stand is for me the best place to watch speedway at Perry Barr , its raises you up alot and you get a great view of riders coming off the bend.That stand will fill up in no time today for sure.

The other new stand is on the bend, which is next no the two stands you talk about. It doesnt raise you high enough compared to the other stands but its okay.

Its the best its ever going to be tbh, Its okay apart from bend 2 now. They simply cant put a stand there without blocking the pits enterence, that would be against Health and Safety regulations.

At least the viewing is somewhat improved compared to when we hosted the ELRC but the best advice like with any track hosting this meeting, is to get there early to get the best view.

Will hopefully find the place ok, looks a fairly straightforward route.

Its more or less a straightroad from junction 7 of the M6. I would just say to be careful of the speed camaras on the A34, the one just as you join the A34 from the motorway is the 6th most profitable one in the UK, catches alot of people out. :wink:

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 1

I’ve just gone past the stadium and one small problem people should be aware of is that the route most people take out the one stop car park to the stadium under the flyover seems to be blocked, the car park entrance is open but they seems to be doing some work to the flyover and it is fenced off, so the walk to the stadium maybe a couple of minutes longer.

Edited by Pirio Barre

Regarding parking. It's free in the "One Stop Shop" that is sign posted well. Park there and follow the masses over the road, it takes about 3 or 4 minutes. The only issue is that there is a quite a high step on the one side of the road if you're very short or struggle with mobility. The car park is well lit though and if you can park there, do so.

I’ve just gone past the stadium and one small problem people should be aware of is that the route most people take out the one stop car park to the stadium under the flyover seems to be blocked, the car park entrance is open but they seems to be doing some work to the flyover and it is fenced off, so the walk to the stadium maybe a couple of minutes longer.

When most people come out of the "one stop" car park they turn right and cross the road under the flyover, a better option would be to go left down to the light controlled crossing. I would suggest it is a safer option, especially for the less mobile amongst us. It is a slightly longer walk, but better than having to cross three busy roads (although there should be less traffic on a Sunday).

• Like 1