British Speedway Forum
manchesterpaul

Sgp 2012 Wild Cards Now Clear?

I've gone back several pages in the Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup forum and can't see a thread already established for this.

I'm guessing that by rights taking into account form, potential and commercial interests the 4 Wild Cards for 2012 are pretty much set?

1. Darcy Ward - has to be a no-brainer?

2. Nicki Pedersen - has to be a no-brainer......surely?

3. Freddie Lindgren - the 9th place rider at present and a world class rider as league averages show.

4. Chris Harris - highest placed non-qualified rider in series at present* and there really needs to be an English (British hee hee!) representative.

Edited Update

*Highest placed once Lindgren and Pedersen have been picked. Lindback of course already qualified via the SGP Challenge meeting.

Edited by manchesterpaul

4. Chris Harris - highest placed non-qualified rider in series at present and there really needs to be an English (British hee hee!) representative.

Thats Nicki ;)

Thats Nicki ;)

Oooops so sorry, i meant once the other wild cards - Lindgren and Pedersen - had been picked. Lindback of course already qualified via SGP Challenge.

Edited by manchesterpaul

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=66722&pid=2017866&st=30entry2017866

It's just three down from this one. Come on, surely your spreadsheet could've worked that one out? :D

'What On Earth' Part 1....have spreadsheets got to do with the topic?. My SGP spreadsheet is for each meeting and the series standings overall. I'm just commenting on the Wild Cards for 2012.

I've not slept for 74 hours but what am i not seeing right now regarding the 4 Wild Cards being a correct statement?

16 riders in a Grand Prix.

Top 8 in 2011 qualify for 2012 series.

Top 3 in SGP Challenge qualify for 2012 series.

4 nominated Wild Cards qualify for the 2012 series.

1 meeting Wild Card per meeting rides.

8 + 3 + 4 + 1 = 16.......surely?

Oh My God what am i overlooking in my sleepy haze?

'What On Earth' Part 2....is the reason i didn't see a thread titled GP Line-ups 2012?. lol.

Your initial sentence isn't clear either, what does "It's just three down from this one" mean? What is 'this one'? Admittedly i'm sleepy but why, if you are lol, are you saying there will not be 4 Wild Cards next year?

Maybe it's best if i pop back tomorrow after some sleep? Unless you can clarify.

IO is implying that you missed the thread discussing next years wild cards. Presumably three threads down at the time.

The bit about your spreadsheet was a joke :lol:

IO is implying that you missed the thread discussing next years wild cards. Presumably three threads down at the time.

The bit about your spreadsheet was a joke :lol:

Am i doing a Black Sabbath? (as in 'Am I Going Insane'?) With a clear head tomorrow i'd probably had comprehended that instantly.

Many thanks for the explanation, i actually just popped back before heading off to the land of nod to see if anyone had replied. Otherwise i'm sure i would have had a restless night trying to figure out the 'it's three down' comment lol.

Hang on i'm not touchy over any spreadsheets i put out but eeeeek!.....did you say one of them was a joke! Hang on i best rub my eyes and check. Ok you didn't i rest easy. I was actually though that aware ImpartialOne used an emoticon.

I've gone back several pages in the Speedway Grand Prix and Speedway World Cup forum and can't see a thread already established for this.

I'm guessing that by rights taking into account form, potential and commercial interests the 4 Wild Cards for 2012 are pretty much set?

3. Freddie Lindgren - the 9th place rider at present and a world class rider as league averages show.

4. Chris Harris - highest placed non-qualified rider in series at present* and there really needs to be an English (British hee hee!) representative.

Edited Update

*Highest placed once Lindgren and Pedersen have been picked. Lindback of course already qualified via the SGP Challenge meeting.

i'd say only Ward deserves a wild card of those. Especially Freddie and Harris should be excluded until they can qualify on their own.

also what would be the point of having WIld Card if the same riders get them year after year?

Edited by Ghostwalker

It's nonsense to say Harris is worthy of a place.

Yes he rode superbly yesterday but he has had plenty of chances and squandered them.

There are plenty of riders of his calibre who deserve a first chance to show what they can do.

Harris has had too many chances.

There are no Brits worth putting in the GP.

They need to be made to qualify to toughen them up and make sure when they get there they appreciate that fact and have to work to stay there.

Charity picks breed those ho expect rather than aspire.

Yes Chris deserved his place this year. But he doesn't next year.

Let him qualify for 2013 and earn a place.

It will do Brit speedway good to realise it has no contender in the GP and it might, just might, wake up and smell the coffee.

The Brit GP will have a Brit and that should be as far as it goes for 2012.

Start striving for a GP place and we will hopefully produce a rider who can compete.

It's no good saying Chris is deserving of a place when he wakes up at the end and was lamentable for most of the rest of the GPs.

In the few meetings that Zorro has competed (at very short notice) he has performed much better than Harris, and if he wanted to be back in next years GP's it would be a crime if he missed out because we had to have a Brit in the competition.

Why. :blink:

4. Chris Harris - highest placed non-qualified rider in series at present* and there really needs to be an English (British hee hee!) representative.Edited Update

Why. :blink:

For one reason and one very good reason only......as with pretty much every sport on the planet for decades and decades provision is made for a hosting nation competitor or team to be a participant. Even the mightiest richest sport in the world Football has to grant the host nation a guaranteed place. It's continental team championships will often have sparsely populated terrraces when the host nation is not involved in a match during a tournament.

Edited by manchesterpaul

MP you still got the Cardiff Wild Card. Name any other motorsport world championship that has place granted in the championships for all host nations.

also football is different as its championships are an every 4th year tournaments of which meetings are all held in the same country.

While speedway's world championship is an annual series.

There are at least three host countries in SGP that does not have a granted spot, Czech Rep. Italy & and Croatia. So why should Briatn have one and not those?

Edited by Ghostwalker

MP you still got the Cardiff Wild Card. Name any other motorsport world championship that has place granted in the championships for all host nations.

also football is different as its championships are an every 4th year tournaments of which meetings are all held in the same country.

While speedway's world championship is an annual series.

There are at least three host countries in SGP that does not have a granted spot, Czech Rep. Italy & and Croatia. So why should Briatn have one and not those?

F1 -- any nation's team as long as it can pay the entry fee, any driever if he can bring in sponsors.

Edited by engineman