British Speedway Forum

What an absolute joke this is if £25 is the admission price...

No wonder speedway is severely in decline. Sincerely hope that the crowd is lower than for a normal Swindon meeting if this is the way they treat supporters. What incentive is there for supporters to travel to this??? Nothing. I would've travelled from my home in Chippenham - 20mins away - but now, I think I'll also put the £50 in a pot and pay 2/3's of our tickets for the GP in Cardiff next year.:angry:

Barker never withdrew from the meeting, was possibly just assumed

because all

the recent press releases by mike bowden spouting aload of tripe. Speedway star is a good example reading brums article which included an interview from ben, then the plymouth article with an interview from bowden

Barker's back in the line-up now :o

So £15 for the World Cup at Kings Lynn = a big crowd £25 for ELRC at Swindon = small crowd .crazy

I agree. A bunch of us were going up from Southampton, but at £25, we all said "forget it". With most of us feeling the pinch financially, I wonder where the powers that be are coming from. The proof will be in the turnout, but I'm pretty sure the pricing structure is ill judged.

So £15 for the World Cup at Kings Lynn = a big crowd £25 for ELRC at Swindon = small crowd .crazy

Don't forget the BSPA haven't got the tv revenues coming in like BSI have for the World Cup!!!!

The price of the tickets reflects the amount of fans that the BSPA think this meeting will attract, if they could be sure to get 5000-10000 perhaps they would make it cheaper!!

Don't forget the BSPA haven't got the tv revenues coming in like BSI have for the World Cup!!!!

The price of the tickets reflects the amount of fans that the BSPA think this meeting will attract, if they could be sure to get 5000-10000 perhaps they would make it cheaper!!

So what are they going to do with a crowd of less than 500 then?

So what are they going to do with a crowd of less than 500 then?

I agree I hope fans vote with there pockets and stay away on mass . £25 is a joke for a meeting half the riders will just go through the motions and expect some to drop out before Saturday aswell . £18 would have been plenty . British speedway shoots it's self in the foot yet again .

I agree I hope fans vote with there pockets and stay away on mass . £25 is a joke for a meeting half the riders will just go through the motions and expect some to drop out before Saturday aswell . £18 would have been plenty . British speedway shoots it's self in the foot yet again .

Having charged £16 for the National League equivalent, £18 was never going to happen.

Having charged £16 for the National League equivalent, £18 was never going to happen.

I guess not but do they want a big crowd or not why not charge a £5 for a programme instead then you choice if you have one or not but this £25 is just putting people off even going in the first place . I live in south Lincolnshire and support Kings Lynn for myself and my girlfriend £50 to get in diesel another £45 - £50 that's not including food or drinks or a programme all that for a meaningless meeting which most of the riders have no interest in . Sorry I wont be coming to Swindon .

I guess not but do they want a big crowd or not why not charge a £5 for a programme instead then you choice if you have one or not but this £25 is just putting people off even going in the first place . I live in south Lincolnshire and support Kings Lynn for myself and my girlfriend £50 to get in diesel another £45 - £50 that's not including food or drinks or a programme all that for a meaningless meeting which most of the riders have no interest in . Sorry I wont be coming to Swindon .

I'm certainly not disagreeing on the price side of things, just feel that they may have made a rod for their own backs with the pricing at earlier events in lower leagues

Klindt is in instead of Batchelor

Whats Batchelor's excuse this time? Can't be asked??!!

This is so annoying as my autistic son wants to go and i said we would early on in the season but this price it will be almost £100 to get in without food, travel and programmes. You would think they could give fans a thank you at the end of the season not a slap in the face. Got a good drive as well from Cambridgshire.

Waiting to see who pulls out am hoping at least my fav rider is there.