British Speedway Forum

Excuse me, but what has all this Poole / Coventry nonsense got to do with the ELRC? :rolleyes:

Take your posion elsewhere. :wink:

All the best

Rob

Nothing Rob, but SS can't help himself. :wink:

He's just reminded why i stopped coming on here.

As i said, the unified booing around the stadium when Kevin Coombes asked where the Poole fans we're said everything that needed to be said.

Really topped an enjoyable evening,no quarters being given by most riders & a well deserved winner, all that matters really.

C ya

Edited by cee the bee

Maybe they're a bit bruised about the result being a Coventry 1-2 and their box office duo mustering single figure scores? I don't know. -_-

But you're just as bad as Shovvy, if not worse. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

Excellent meeting yesterday - very healthy crowd of several thousand and best racing I've seen at Blunsdon in ages. Rory Schlein a very deserving winner - he does fly around Blunsdon.

The naysayers on here missed a treat. ;)

Sandie, sorry I missed you yesterday, have you calmed down yet? :lol:

All the best

Rob

Just! But wait till the DVD arrives and I will start all over again!!! anim_32.gif

I'm glad for those who went that it was a good meeting and pretty much the whole field turned out. If the crowd was as big as people say then its difficult to argue with the BSPA's pricing policy but I'd have thought that twenty quid ought to have been plenty and would have seen a few more through the gate.

It was huge!, an amazing crowd and a great atmosphere!icon_lol.gif

2009 it was £20, 2010 it was £24 so only £1 increase for 2011 and from a personal point of view it was worth every penny!!

But you're just as bad as Shovvy, if not worse. :rolleyes:

All the best

Rob

It's the gift that keeps on giving. :)

Well after a blagging a free journey decided to bite the bullet and put our hands in our pockets and go. Glad we did, it was a good meeting with some tough racing, Freddie on Hans, Rory on Darcy and Bomber on Scottie to name a few, but it was great to see how much they wanted to win, well most of them! As for the booing at the mention of Poole I have to say we couldn't hear it on the forth bend so it couldn't have been that loud!! It was great to finally meet Tas and some of the other girls and nice that we could all stand together in harmony as a Poole/Coventry/Peterborough mix!!

Edited by PinkPirate

Well after a blagging a free journey decided to bite the bullet and put our hands in our pockets and go. Glad we did, it was a good meeting with some tough racing, Freddie on Hans, Rory on Darcy and Bomber on Scottie to name a few, but it was great to see how much they wanted to win, well most of them! As for the booing at the mention of Poole I have to say we couldn't hear it on the forth bend so it couldn't have been that loud!! It was great to finally meet Tas and some of the other girls and nice that we could all stand together in harmony as a Poole/Coventry/Peterborough mix!!

I was on the fourth bend Pink and I definitely heard it! It did surprise me a bit but it was definitely loud enough to hear!

Interesting to read the comments about a well prepared track that served up some excellent heats. From an untrained eye (mine) it looked like the same track that we have had all season at Swindon and that certain Swindon supporters have been so critical of.

The meeting itself was thoroughly enjoyable, the biggest crowd I've seen at Swindon since the 2009 play-off final, I'd say around 3,000.

Nicholls was very unlucky having lead the final for 3.99 laps, but you can't argue with Schlein's determination. A worthy winner.

We thoroughly enjoyed the ELRC at Swindon. The semi-final and final were, in my opinion, of Grand Prix standard. Not only Rory winning the final on the line but the battle for 2nd place in the semi-final between Scott Nicholls and Chris Holder was to quote a well used phrase "sensational speedway" :) And the weather wasn't bad either - I must admit I had my doubts for a mid-October meeting.

These are just the sort of comments that the rest of the british speedway community need to hear about this meeting, maybe just maybe this is the start of a new era for the ELRC and it will go back to being the most prestigious meeting on the British Speedway calendar again:D I sincerely hope it does, I want to be going to this again and the only thing that could persuade me is the knowledge that all riders want to win it :)

Pretty pathetic really all the booing on the 4th bend on Saturday really. It was Coventry supporters doing it.... I have to ask the question why boo Holder and Ward what have they done apart from put there lives on the line to entertain. Very disappointed with some fans in this sport at present.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

I was on the fourth bend Pink and I definitely heard it! It did surprise me a bit but it was definitely loud enough to hear!

I must have been cheering to loudly to hear at that time then! After all I had to out cheer the opposition standing next to me ;)

I have to ask the question why boo Holder and Ward what have they done apart from put there lives on the line to entertain.

I wish people would stop rolling out this old chestnut ever time.

Riders put their lives on the line because they love it, get good financial gains and massage their own egos. Nothing to do with wanting to entertain.

Nothing to do with wanting to entertain.

Although riders could have in their mind that entertaining the public and having a rapport with their fans is all part of the job :D

I must have been cheering to loudly to hear at that time then! After all I had to out cheer the opposition standing next to me ;)

Dont tell me that you were stood near that woman screaming for Rory Schlein all night!!!! wink.gifwink.gif

Yeah great to meet you too and that is what speedway is about meeting people supporting our riders and having fun. Not the best meeting for my favourite but next year he will be back. With injury and other worries pushed aside i am sure he will make it back to the top. I will keep supporting him no matter what.

And who says fans can't get on lol :lol: