British Speedway Forum

Is there anyone going to this meeting?

Three I think so far, and one of those is the ref.

I personally dont understand all the fuss aboutthe price. we will have a whole winter without speedway and people would pay more than that to go and watch a football team.

That is the thing though, I watch speedway and not football, so couldn't give two hoots what is charged for a football match. I use a cinema comparison, I can get the four of us into the cinema for £15, if you include drinks and meals (burger and chips sort), it is just a tad over £30 for sometimes 3 hours entertainment.

I think the fuss is that for a family to go (as in more grown up children), it would cost an absolute fortune on top of fuel costs to get there....not that the cost stopped me, I just couldn't be bothered plus it is my mum's birthday today (oh and the little matter that I completely forgot it was on!)

My winter is not completely without speedway, I have the Aussie champs to keep me busy plus any off season meetings being held here but by goodness do I look forward to the end of October (especially this year).....and then start willing March to come by Feb.

Edited by crazysue

Crikey is this how low the ELRC has sunk? Time to put it out of it's misery methinks.

Strange as 17 hours ago on twitter he said he couldnt wait for the ELRC. Did he ride abroad last night and get injured, or is he just ill.

He was at Scunthorpe last night, so definitely didn't pick up an injury riding abroad last night.

Wish i was as good at predicting the lottery!

Cheers Rory!

Betting prices for those interested. Looks wide open to me , I fancy Schlein at 14/1.

Darcy Ward

9/2

Chris Harris

9/2

Chris Holder

9/2

Fredrik Lindgren

11/2

Tai Woffinden

8/1

Kenneth Bjerre

12/1

Scott Nicholls

14/1

Lee Richardson

14/1

Rory Schlein

14/1

Bjarne Pedersen

18/1

Hans Andersen

25/1

Niels Kristian Iversen

25/1

Nicolai Klindt

25/1

Ben Barker

33/1

Danny King

33/1

Ryan Fisher

50/1

All in compete or not.

Crikey is this how low the ELRC has sunk? Time to put it out of it's misery methinks.

Not sure what you mean by that????

Will wait and see what people thought who where at the meeting but from the updates it seemed to be quite an entertaining meeting which was well contested by most riders.

Well done Rory get in.

Well done Rory enjoy spending the £20 book tokens the BSPA put up as first prize .

Well done Rory this caps a great season for you and will show certain knockers on the forum how good you are with an almost injury free season. Just to make your day the Sky Blues also won. :drink:

So proud of you son. You thoroughly deserve your win after such a great season. Gating tart my arse.

You are the best thing since sliced bread I could cry. Well done mate and great work Jamie. The Mead and

Feltham cheering must have done the trick.

Very good meeting at Swindon tonight with alot of good races. Well done to the Roo boy well deserved.

A couple of talking points was both BV riders dive bombing riders going into the third bend. Rory did it to Darcy who nearly ended up in the pits without his bike a very hard move and there were a few words after the race. Not sure what Bomber was thinking In the semi final just cleaned Nicholls and Holder straight up, did his famous get of the back and let my bike clean all the other riders up! Should

have layed it down.

Very good crowd there tonight.

Edited by Pirates Of Poole

What a great reward for a fantastic season - Rory you are Number One mate! :approve: Can't keep a Darwin Boy down! :rolleyes:

KO Cup will be the icing on the cake. :cheers:

Good entertaining meeting and a well deserved winner in Rooboy though I couldn't believe some Swindon fans reaction that they don't want him next season if he is signed up