Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Crikey is this how low the ELRC has sunk? Time to put it out of it's misery methinks.

What complete and utter tosh. It was a terrific meeting yesterday - the best ELRC I've seen for... well a long time time. :wink:

I think the several thousand in attendance were very happy with what they saw yesterday.

All the best

Rob

I'm glad for those who went that it was a good meeting and pretty much the whole field turned out. If the crowd was as big as people say then its difficult to argue with the BSPA's pricing policy but I'd have thought that twenty quid ought to have been plenty and would have seen a few more through the gate.

I'm glad for those who went that it was a good meeting and pretty much the whole field turned out. If the crowd was as big as people say then its difficult to argue with the BSPA's pricing policy but I'd have thought that twenty quid ought to have been plenty and would have seen a few more through the gate.

Bagpuss, I'm no expert on Blunsdon crowd attendances, but I reckon they were 3000-4000 there yesterday. Drop the price to £20 and get "a few" more through the gate and you don't make as much money. Simple economics.

The ELRC is a showpiece that has lost its way a little in recent years. However, yesterday's meeting was excellent. I think it should be held regularly at Swindon for the next few years.

All the best

Rob

Schlein . not young but then not old . Australian . Is somebody going to start a new thread Will Rory Schlein ever be world champion ?

Edited by speedibee

What complete and utter tosh. It was a terrific meeting yesterday - the best ELRC I've seen for... well a long time time. :wink:

I think the several thousand in attendance were very happy with what they saw yesterday.

All the best

Rob

I Know Rob, but then i guess it would've been a million times better if a certain Dane could even have been bothered.

ATB

CC

Edited by cee the bee

Good entertaining meeting and a well deserved winner in Rooboy though I couldn't believe some Swindon fans reaction that they don't want him next season if he is signed up

If who is signed up. If you mean Rory you don't need to worry he's not going to be at Swindon.

Feel for the poole riders that their club is disliked by so many other teams. I dont think this is down to them winning the league as other teams win things and dont get booed. it is down to the inside influences they have in the board and therefore when i have spoke to alot of other speedway fans and not coventry fans, these were fans of swindon, kings lynn and peterborough, they have all said how this year they think it has been a hollow victory by poole. shame as riders still give it their all and think without ford on the board they would be taken seriously when win things and liked more by other teams

As a Swindon fan (not one of the "lots" you have spoken to) Poole's victory was not hollow - it was well deserved. What is hollow is the sour grapes from Coventry - get over it :rolleyes:

By the way, well done Rory - he looked good at the Bob Kilby meeting and he carried this onto the ELRC-well done

Edited by Steve0

Lucifer Sam, that crowd estimate makes it very difficult to argue with the pricing. Its anyone's guess of course how many more would have attended for a fiver less but I can't imagine it would have been too many more if your figure is accurate.

As a Swindon fan (not one of the "lots" you have spoken to) Poole's victory was not hollow - it was well deserved. What is hollow is the sour grapes from Coventry - get over it :rolleyes:

By the way, well done Rory - he looked good at the Bob Kilby meeting and he carried this onto the ELRC-well done

Yep Colin Cooke is chomping on those sour grapes. Sounds like some of the grapes skin got caught betwen his teeth and he can't get rid of the bitter taste. Never mind perhaps this will make him feel better.

Poole Pirates 2011 Elite League Champions andl loving it.

Yes well done Rory and well done to Scott Nicholls on a fine performance. You really put those knockers (or another word for knockers) who call themselves fans of your club in their place. :approve:

An excellent meeting on a well prepared Blunsdon circuit. Best meeting for a long time.

Large crowd despite the price(I still feel too much) but that's personal. Some cracking duels, plenty of passes and plenty of commitment.

Disappointed Darky/Holder need not make the semi/final as they gave it plenty. Nicholls stepped up to the plate and put in an excellent performance and it was disappointing to see him pipped on the run in. I am hoping he has another season at The Abbey.

However, Schlein had looked in sublime form and was probably a deserving winner. Congratulations.

Great to read that most riders were giving it a good go, that's all that matters to the fans :)

A fsntastic meeting raced in front of a fantastic crowd. The ELRC has had plenty of criticism over the last few years, and this years event took plenty of criticism before a wheel had been turned.

This was one of the best race meetings I've seen for some time on a well prepared race track. For those that were saying that the riders do not care for this meeting or make any effort, you obviously forgot to tell Rory Schlein or Chris Harris to take it easy!

Would have liked to have seen Scotty win it after the season both he and Swindon have had, but Rory has had a great season and won the trophy in superb fashion, so well done Rory.

Presentation was also pretty slick last night, so well done to all involved

:cheers:

As others have said, it was an excellent meeting. Plenty of commitment & good hard racing. Track was much better than I remember with a choice of lines around each bend and the gates were even as well. Well done Swindon, it was well worth the trip and for 22 races the price wasn't too bad. Felt sorry for Scott, he was clearly gutted. I'll be getting the DVD on order for Christmas!