Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Boggle

Cardiff Gp 2012 And Cricket

Sorry if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I just found that as well as the GP in Cardiff on the 25th August next year its also t20 finals day on the same day in Cardiff, in addition to England v South Africa ODI on Friday the 24th also at the SWALEC

I'm glad I'd already got my hotel rooms booked as this may lead to more demand pushing the prices even higher

At least we should be out of the MillStad and in the bars before the cricket finishes on the Saturday. I'm expecting bigger than normal queues in chip alley too!

Cricket at Cardiff

Edited by Boggle

I don't see your average T20 attendee being a chip alley type of person! They seem a bit more well to do than speedway fans :D

Now trains out of Cardiff may bit a pain in the backside!

Edited by SCB

Damn, blast, bollox!

What about us who wanna go to both? :cry: :cry:

Damn, blast, bollox!

Difficult choice. :cry:

Speedway MUST win though - in the end. :approve: :approve:

Damn, blast, bollox!

Watch the semi's, pray for 3-4 hours of rain, then go back for the final. Just looked on Booking.com for hotel prices, ouch.

the cricket starts about 11am and wont finish until 10.30pm

IF a hotel can be found (I missed a ''re booking'' this year as I couldn't make it ) I dread to think what the prices will be! Anyone out there wanting to release a double/twin room? May as well get in early!! :lol::drink:

I don't see your average T20 attendee being a chip alley type of person! They seem a bit more well to do than speedway fans :D

Now trains out of Cardiff may bit a pain in the backside!

Does that mean you, and Matt dont like chips then! Youve been to a T20 final before mate!!!

Damn, blast, bollox!

How do you fancy the One Day International on the Friday Matt - maybe a LONG weekend???!!! unsure.gificon_lol.gif

Cricket??? What's that.....???

:angry: :angry: :rolleyes::wink:

Edited by The White Knight

Of course Speedway wins in that choice........If I wanted to fall asleep for the day I'd stay at home in bed :rolleyes::lol:

For those that might not know or are in No way interested in Cricket on the day of our event there is the 20/20 Finals day in Cardiff at Sofia Gardens. This is just a short walk down the road from the Millenium stadium so Parking could very well be a nightmare let alone getting a hotel for the night of the event itslef if you leave it too late as fans from 4 teams could be making their way to Cardiff.

The Cricket starts at 11am but will still be going on well after the GP has finished and if the weather is a little inclement like last year it finished around 11PM

And not forgetting the one day international the day before in the same stadium.

Lots of fans, me included very tempted to find a way to get a little cricket and some speedway that weekend.

And I'm not sure where but I think there is already a thread on this. There were a few comments and it faded away.