British Speedway Forum
Shadders

Free Admission For Kids At Rye House

I picked up one or two free entry tickets to Rye House Speedway from the Speedway Museum while at the Celebration of Speedway in April... When presenting one of these tickets at the turnstile at Rye House on Saturday I was informed that they are no longer being accepted... There is no mention of a use by date, nor is there any warning that the offer can be withdrawn at any time... If there are any of these tickets still on display at the museum I suggest that you remove them to save any disappointment

Edited by Shadders

I picked up one or two free entry tickets to Rye House Speedway from the Speedway Museum while at the Celebration of Speedway in April... When presenting one of these tickets at the turnstile at Rye House on Saturday I was informed that they are no longer being accepted... There is no mention of a use by date, nor is there any warning that the offer can be withdrawn at any time... If there are any of these tickets still on display at the museum I suggest that you remove them to save any disappointment

Sorry about that, Shadders, I was unaware that the vouchers had expired so we will make sure that they are withdrawn from the Speedway Museum.

Sorry about that, Shadders, I was unaware that the vouchers had expired so we will make sure that they are withdrawn from the Speedway Museum.

Judging by the crowds lately, I'd say that's had an impact on the "expiry date". Needing all they can get at the minute :neutral:

No need to apologise Haggis, you were not to know.. Another promotion masterpeice from Rye House!!

Here is one of the tickets, front and back... As you can see there is no expiry date and no mention that the offer can be withdrawn at any time... Perhaps a mantion to the local trading standards?

FRONT

BACK

Edited by Shadders

Hmmm...the ticket actually says, "Admit One Child Free...Every Saturday..." So I'm not sure how they can get out of that.

Hmmm...the ticket actually says, "Admit One Child Free...Every Saturday..." So I'm not sure how they can get out of that.

I'm pretty sure that they cannot get out of someone using this Ticket as long as the qualifications (age) are met. I would certainly have a word with Len Silver regarding this Shadders and if you get no joy - then Trading Standards it is.

Perhaps someone 'on the Gate' has made a mistake - it happens.

Edited by The White Knight

I'm pretty sure that they cannot get out of someone using this Ticket as long as the qualifications (age) are met. I would certainly have a word with Len Silver regarding this Shadders and if you get no joy - then Trading Standards it is.

Perhaps someone 'on the Gate' has made a mistake - it happens.

I don't think Len even knows about this White Knight... I was directed by the clearly embarassed lady at the gate towards the person who I think is running the promotional side of things at Rye House (thats promotion in the very loosest sense of the word)... My enquiry was met with a brisk shake of the head! :blink:

I don't think Len even knows about this White Knight... I was directed by the clearly embarassed lady at the gate towards the person who I think is running the promotional side of things at Rye House (thats promotion in the very loosest sense of the word)... My enquiry was met with a brisk shake of the head! :blink:

I would still have a word with Len. I am sure he would sort this out for you.