Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Mildenhall V Stoke Nl Po Sf 2nd Leg

Why no number 8 for Stoke?

Why no number 8 for Stoke?

Doesnt matter,even if you have a number 8, he cant take the rides, happened to the Heathens earlier this season, may have been against Stoke,basically no point in having a number 8.

Edited by greyhoundp

Doesnt matter,even if you have a number 8, he cant take the rides, happened to the Heathens earlier this season, may have been against Stoke,basically no point in having a number 8.

He could have taken RR rides, which would have meant having no 3 rider races,so there is a point to having one

He could have taken RR rides, which would have meant having no 3 rider races,so there is a point to having one

Only if the three rider races were one involving R/R which I'm not sure they were, were they.. :unsure:

Well done to the FTS but in truth shows all that's wrong with the play-offs as yet again a championship leading side has imploded at just the worst possible time, through a combination of injuries and off form riders. Such things even themselves out over a season but not in the play-offs - there they're totally decisive..

I await Mr. V. telling me that the P/Os remain a brilliant concept and that I'm some kind of dinosaur for supporting the traditional league championship idea..! :rolleyes:

Only if the three rider races were one involving R/R which I'm not sure they were, were they.. :unsure:

Well done to the FTS but in truth shows all that's wrong with the play-offs as yet again a championship leading side has imploded at just the worst possible time, through a combination of injuries and off form riders. Such things even themselves out over a season but not in the play-offs - there they're totally decisive..

I await Mr. V. telling me that the P/Os remain a brilliant concept and that I'm some kind of dinosaur for supporting the traditional league championship idea..! :rolleyes:

Are you a tyrannosaurus or a diplodocus? :P

I have to admit, though, I'm still not sure of the use of Play-Offs in the National League. Was much better when fixtures only had to completed by October 31st - it made it easier for clubs to run at BOTH third tier and at a higher level at the same time.

All the best

Rob

Are you a tyrannosaurus or a diplodocus? :P

I have to admit, though, I'm still not sure of the use of Play-Offs in the National League. Was much better when fixtures only had to completed by October 31st - it made it easier for clubs to run at BOTH third tier and at a higher level at the same time.

All the best

Rob

Ha,ha,ha...

No I'm NOT going to rise to the bait!

I was going to, but due to the curfew coming up later I need to move onto the next thread!!! :wink:

Oh dear another round of play off postings but you are true and it seems to happen too frequently, and is not helped by the fact that guest riders are limited in the NL so once you loose a key rider who is not your No1, then you begin to creak..

According to Speedway Updates heats 7 & 10 were run with no R/R representative and therefore three riders only.

According to Speedway Updates heats 7 & 10 were run with no R/R representative and therefore three riders only.

Well in that case then yes, Stoke made an error by not naming a Number Eight...

Ha,ha,ha...

No I'm NOT going to rise to the bait!

I was going to, but due to the curfew coming up later I need to move onto the next thread!!! :wink:

Oh go on, it's fun. :P

PS Are you coming to Oxford on October 14th? Dan Berwick poised to win the British Dirt Track championship, plus Oxford v Reading quads. You can even buy me a pint if you like. :lol:

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

well done to the Tigers we are on our way to the Final (long time since we have been there)

Hope the two injured riders for stoke are ok. Always tough when you lose riders especiallly a reserve and we at Mildenhall should know that luck doesn't always go your way.We started slow but the boys pulled it together at the end. Hope the Stoke riders will be ok

well done to the Tigers we are on our way to the Final (long time since we have been there)

Hope the two injured riders for stoke are ok. Always tough when you lose riders especiallly a reserve and we at Mildenhall should know that luck doesn't always go your way.We started slow but the boys pulled it together at the end. Hope the Stoke riders will be ok

Apparently:

Tim Webster cracked a bone in his hand

Gareth Isherwood was taken to hospital for scans on his back. No idea how he is.