British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
andy1967

Mildenhall V Stoke Nl Po Sf 2nd Leg

Apparently:

Tim Webster cracked a bone in his hand

Gareth Isherwood was taken to hospital for scans on his back. No idea how he is.

Thanks for the updates really hope they will be ok. Was talking to Gareth's dad on startline so want to pass on my best wishes to Gareth.

There is no point in having one, i think it was decided there would be No No8,s in the NL, but not 100% certain, and we dont all have a Stefan Nielsen in reserve :wink: .

Oh go on, it's fun. :P

PS Are you coming to Oxford on October 14th? Dan Berwick poised to win the British Dirt Track championship, plus Oxford v Reading quads. You can even buy me a pint if you like. :lol:

All the best

Rob

Blimey I might at that..!!! :approve:

So, that was...interesting.

As a meeting, it lost most of it's interest after heat 6. Stoke, with 4 riders, were never going to be able to contain Mildenhall on their own track. The fact that we only lost by 11 is a credit to the remaining 4.

Make no mistake, Mildenhall dodged a bullet. Stoke will be hurting after these 2 meetings, and will want revenge in the KoC.

There is no point in having one, i think it was decided there would be No No8,s in the NL, but not 100% certain, and we dont all have a Stefan Nielsen in reserve :wink: .

Am certain there is still the provision for no. 8s and that some sides have used them this year... Didn't Hackney names Rhys Naylor at no. 8 when Dudley visited Lakeside earlier this season?!

And though often not having named one wouldn't matter clearly with the bad luck the Potters encountered today it would in this instance have at least meant they could put out a rider...

First of all a big well done to the Mildenhall lads for reaching the Playoff finals :drink: The hard work was done in the first leg at Loomer Road on Saturday night and although the Fen Tigers got a slice of luck yesterday with the withdrawals of Gareth Isherwood and Tim Webster, they did what they had to do to get through.

Hopefully Gareth and Tim will recover soon from their respective injuries, and also Cameron Heeps who was suffering with a sore neck after his coming together with Webster.

I huge thank you must go to Morten Risager, who when it was discovered that Heeps frame was cracked, got his bike from his van and had it stripped down to replace the back end of Heeps bike! Aided by the help of many of the Mildenhall team and mechanics, what a team effort.

Finally on the number 8 matter, Mildenhall have at least twice had a no.8 at West Row this season with both Niall Strudwick and Shane Henry taking the positions, and also Niall was no.8 at West Row for the Isle of Wight I think :unsure:

So, that was...interesting.

As a meeting, it lost most of it's interest after heat 6. Stoke, with 4 riders, were never going to be able to contain Mildenhall on their own track. The fact that we only lost by 11 is a credit to the remaining 4.

Make no mistake, Mildenhall dodged a bullet. Stoke will be hurting after these 2 meetings, and will want revenge in the KoC.

I thought your boys did you proud. There was a great deal of fight and determination and had they been the same in the first leg Stoke might have won.

What was also evident was their ability to pass the Fen Tigers on their own patch and that shows that gaters paradise on Saturday played right into Mildenhall's hands.

A terrific match and a great credit to both teams :approve:

First of all a big well done to the Mildenhall lads for reaching the Playoff finals :drink: The hard work was done in the first leg at Loomer Road on Saturday night and although the Fen Tigers got a slice of luck yesterday with the withdrawals of Gareth Isherwood and Tim Webster, they did what they had to do to get through.

Hopefully Gareth and Tim will recover soon from their respective injuries, and also Cameron Heeps who was suffering with a sore neck after his coming together with Webster.

I disagree with your assessment of Stoke. the play offs are over 2 legs even though Stoke did drop some points at Loomer Road it looked like Stoke were set for a fight back before the 2 riders were injured possibly trying too hard who knows, this shows that not only is trackmanship essentialand ability but the right psycological approach to such occasions.

I feel for Mildenhall who unfortunatly have a little bit of a hollow victory I'm sure every team wants to beat the strongest of teams. I felt Micheal Lee came across well in the press release in his assessment of the victory but now they have to move on

I to hope the lads are all good soon and that Stoke can move on and focus on the 2nd leg of the KO cup as there is still a chance for them to get that.

Edited by TMW

We did have a no 8 - it was Ben Reade - our no 6 - Nobes was already injured.

Am gutted it ended this way - but all respect to the Fen Tigers

Am gutted it ended this way - but all respect to the Fen Tigers

wasnt reade SACKED the week before , how come nobes rode on grass if he was injured ?

I have watched stoke 6 times this year , every time i get the impreshion there manager hasnt got a clue ?

reade 14 from two legs was dropped for a grass track rider with no previous speedway experience ?

to ad to this i was told he has no speedway bikes ?

no disrespect to mr varsey but what the hell is that thunderbirds walk all about, it is very entertaining though :rofl:

from the view of the pits i had he seemed almost non existant, were as mildenhall had louis /lee/donky /henry/rissager ect all over the pits working on bikes .

all stoke seemed to have was jason garritys mechanic ? in a james sarjent JUMPER ! yes JUMPER (28 degrees) ? sweating and running round like a lunatic, he had simon lamberts bike in major pieces during warm up

and i saw him working on 4 other bikes inc reades/sarjents ect with pickards mechanic .

stoke could possibly have won with a full team . I attended both legs an was suprised at the slickness of the stoke track,

this almost certainly cost the stoke team there chance

A fantasticly run meeting at west row again though i have to say i think with a full team stoke may have pushed hard .

all credit to the mildenhall team hope you win for the sake of national youth speedway , I for one am hooked by the speedway ive seem at mildenhall,

wish my team (hackney) could have a track with grip like west row (and no dust) ,fantastic racing and a good performance by all " WITH NO TROUBLE" .

halsey/baseby/blackbird/heeps certainly took my eye and i will defenatly be there to watch the finals against scunthorpe

**************************************** :party: COME ON THE TIGERS :party: *******************************************************************

wasnt reade SACKED the week before , how come nobes rode on grass if he was injured ?

I have watched stoke 6 times this year , every time i get the impreshion there manager hasnt got a clue

**************************************** :party: COME ON THE TIGERS :party: *******************************************************************

Farly stupid comment about the Stoke manager,His team,made up of lads who ,let be honest,have been around a bit and not done much[except Lambert],he got them all firing and put his team to the top of the NL,and in the final,was beaten you could say by injurys

Also,the team second in the NL,probably on paper the strongest team,is born from the seeds he placed down 2 years ago

To say he hasnt a clue,in my opinion is a long way from the truth

If many others put as much effort into lower league speedway as him,it may just be a much better place

According to the October averages on the BSPA site Ben Reade is in the Stoke 1-7.

Since Nobes was brought in on transfer deadline date, how come Stoke are allowed to make another change on 1st October, 2 weeks after the rules say no further changes can be made?

One rule for one and a different rule for the others?

According to the October averages on the BSPA site Ben Reade is in the Stoke 1-7.

Since Nobes was brought in on transfer deadline date, how come Stoke are allowed to make another change on 1st October, 2 weeks after the rules say no further changes can be made?

One rule for one and a different rule for the others?

I would say that Stoke simply added Nobes the the squad to make 8 riders,Reade wasnt dropped

I would say that Stoke simply added Nobes the the squad to make 8 riders,Reade wasnt dropped

That is correct Tim was added to the squad.